My wife and my 2 year odl daughter returned last night from 2 weeks at the Jameos Playa. Absolutely world class food, staff and services. Don't under estimate my review, I stay all over the world on business in some very expensive places....
The waiters - every single one of them go the extra 10 yards with your kids, they love to see you and you children smiling and will do anything you ask of them.
The Pool & Views - We booked with TravelRepublic.co.uk and paid for the "Pool View". It was worth the extra £60 because the pool area is stunning to wake up to and when lit up at night is breathtaking.
Location - Excellent. For me Lanzarote is a pretty worn out place, the beeches aren't eyecatching, Peurto del carmen has the worst selection of shops I think I've ever seen (except the shopping centre) and the hotels up there look quite small. Jameos Playa is out of Puerto del carmen by about 15 minutes walk. The location of this hotel is in a quiet area with some local bars, supermarkets etc for supplies. If you want to get to the busy areas they're there if you want them. For us, this hotel was so perfect in every way that we only left the hotel 5 times and twice it was to visit the supermarket! So Puerto Del Carmen wasn't of interest.
The Price - I have to question the price because it isn;t cheap in comparison too the extra for 2 weeks in Florida, and the hotel is very very quiet (which we loved)... but does make you wonder if they should be offering discounts. Apparently, other couples we spoke to who had stayed there some up to 12 times said the hotel has only had 40% occupancy for almost the entire summer. As I say these comments are all pro reasons to visit - the quieter the better right?
Anyway all in all perfect, we will be returning to this hotel even though we were not impressed with Peurto Del Carmen. 2 Weeks in this place and you don't need anywhere else!
Thanks Alonso, Manwel and all the staff for making it a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen