I can't believe some people stayed in the same hotel as us. We had a wonderful time and spoke to lots of people who'd stayed there before. We'll certainly be returning.
A few tips to making the most of your stay:
1) there is a window between 650 and 720am to bag a sunbed closest to the pool. It will obviously be much easier outside school hols. There were still beds available until 11am most days, but not close to the pools.
2) mealtimes can be busy, but a smile and a thank you to the staff goes a long. Yes staff are busy but always worked extremely hard. Cut them some slack!
3) mini disco was a huge win for the kids. Some of the shows were fantastic, others less so. Again, getting in early bags the better tables.
4) get involved in the daily activities - they are great fun and the staff do a great job.
5) If something isn't working in your room - telephone reception and someone will be over straight away. Our air con stopped, but the engineer quickly identified we'd left the balcony door open slightly.
6). Yes there are sometimes queues for drinks at the bars. It is peak August, so the hotel will be busy, hence queues. Most of the time it was a matter of a couple of minutes. Often there was no queue.
7) get taxi from airport for €12-€15. Quick and no fuss.
8) don't bother buying inflatables - people leaving the hotel leave theirs next to the place where u get your towels.
9) wifi code can be obtained from reception. It is free of charge.
10) there are lots of English tv channels on the tv in the room.
11) shower gels, shampoo are provided. Sun tan lotion can be bought right outside the hotel.
12). Food - there must be at least 100 dishes, bowls and plates of food at lunch and dinner. Loads of choice for all tastes and all nationalities. Yes, queues may develop, especially for omelettes and cooked meat / fish but these are all cooked fresh to order, so expect a small wait. yes there will be kids wandering around getting food, but it is a buffet. The daily evening menus were great.
13) rooms absolutely spotless. Cleaned and tidied daily. Bottle of fizz and fruit bowl on arrival. Great touch.
14) branded drinks at all bars. Coke, fanta vodka, gin etc all from main brands.
15) it's mainly a family hotel so bear this in mind re atmosphere if no kids.
Possible improvements: blackcurrant and orange squash for kids (fresh juice available on tap but sometimes like an alternative). Ice lollies would be welcome addition.
All in all a superb holiday in a superb hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen