just returned from Los Jameos Playa on 18th May, i must say it has been one of the most trouble free pleasant holidays ever. i hired a car from "Autoreisen" for only 67 quid for the week and got a free upgrade ,no hassle and quick at the airport and the cars are parked only 20 yards away. There are loads of free parking spaces around the hotel . we were greeted at reception with a cool drink and pleasant staff who are very helpful with all aspects of the hotel. We originally booked the basic room which is ground floor and upgraded to the first floor pool view for 12 Euro a day there was porter service to the room which was very clean and the bed was huge and very comfortable.Our room was south facing so got the sun on our balcony nearly all day. The balcony`s are large with a table and chairs and could easy fit 2 sunbeds which is a pity as there isnt any on them unless you borrow a couple from around the pool as we did as some days it was quite difficult to get one around the pool unless you get up with the dawn squad to put your towels out. There is cabled English tv in the rooms with ITV ,BBC and others to keep up with your soaps, there is Wifi all over the hotel ,just get a log on code from reception. The cleaning staff do a fantastic job with the rooms and the gardens are beautifully kept. The food is excellent and the choice seemed endless with themed nights as well as the usual stations of fish, roast meats ,grill section all cooked to order, vegetarian dishes and a salad bar with everything. The sweets are all home made and delicious with cheese crackers or fruit available as well. All of the waiting and bar staff are great who work really hard to make this hotel as good as it is . We had the misfortune of having to go to the local hospital with a hip problem, the hotel kindly lent us a wheel chair and instead of going to one of the private doctors in town who charge went direct to Arreciffe general hospital ,showed our E111 card and passport were treated for free and within 1 hour had seen a triage nurse ,doctor had had an X ray and treated and given a prescription . And it was busy !! Driving around the island is no problem , the roads are in great condition but it is best to get a map with the road numbers on as all road signs are in Spanish and watch out for the speed limits as they change quit often. there is some lovely beaches around the island which dont take long to get to by car in any direction and right next to the hotel there is a massive beach but not many people seemed to use it. There is the usual entertainment for the kids on a night until 9.30 when the main entertainment started and was dancers of some type most nights which looked good of what i saw of them, drinks at the entertainment is waiter service and excellent again with good quality drinks until 11.00 p.m. all inclusive this includes most coctails which were made to your own tastes. There are quit a few bars around the hotel for after all inclusive hours drinks with a good atmosphere. All in all i would recommend this hotel and is as good as any i have stayed at and will definitely be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen