We spent a week at Los Jameos Playa over the Easter holidays. We had previously stayed there in 2008 and decided to return based on the rave reviews on Trip Advisor. Although we enjoyed our stay we feel that standards have slipped somewhat in the past five years.
The hotel is well situated, right on the beach with a few shops, bars and restaurants at the back entrance.
The lobby is clean and spacious and public areas are generally well maintained, with the exception of the internal corridors-these are rather dreary with grubby walls and tiles.
Our room was situated in La Graciosa building, we had a large balcony with a fabulous seaview. Inside the room was quite small and rather cramped for three adults sharing. The decor is a little dated-hideous patterned curtains and bedspread, although the beds were clean. Bed linen only changed once for the duration of our stay, would have preferred an extra change. Also the tiled floor in the room was filthy- the white-soled slippers provided turned black within half an hour of wearing!
The selection and quality of food in the restaurant was pretty good, if a bit repetitive. We found it best to have breakfast early for a bit more tranquility, things became rather hectic from 9am onwards. Dinner could also be quite chaotic, the restaurant seemed to lack organisation.
Service in the bar was atrocious, staff appear to be poorly trained.Entertainment is mainly aimed at kids, we saw a few nappies on the dance flooor after 11pm, although perhaps the hotel cannot be held responsible for this!
Overall we had a good week, the service lacked the finesse of other 4 star hotels, but Los Jameos Playa serves as a decent base in a good location and we would be tempted to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen