This was our first time to Lanzarote and, therefore, our first visit to Los Jameos. Whilst I recognise the comments of other reviewers (9am sun beds, rush to the restaurant at 9am etc) this did not overly detract from our stay.
Guests are a mixture of British, Irish, Spanish, Germans and Dutch, with a mixture of tabloid and broadsheet readers, but what prevails is a relaxed atmosphere of (a lot) of people set on having a pleasant, relaxing, polite stay alongside other holiday makers. I saw no shouty, loud people, just lots of people chilling by the pools. There is a great pool for little children and two larger pools, with enough space for people who want to swim 'lengths' alongside those that want to throw balls around & jump in.
The children's club didn't appear to be very well attended based on the number of children that were in the resort, but this seemed to be because there were lots of extended families with grand parents and parents that actually wanted to spend time with their children on holiday!! The team that ran the club appeared very comfortable with the children in their care and the children were having a fun time. There's a nice little enclosed play area just next to the children's pool.
There were activities organised through the day which you could get involved in, if you wanted to. In the evening there was cabaret style entertainment in the Salon Bar (and a mini disco for toddlers) with quizzes, flame throwers, jugglers, dancers etc. Despite having our children with us (12 yrs & 8 yrs) this isn't our kind of thing, so we spent the evenings in the piano bar, which was a quieter, more sophisticated area, playing cards or Ludo, and our older child had 30 mins to catch up on Facebook on the hotel computers.
The bedrooms were light, airy & very clean. The whole hotel & the pools were very clean. The views we had from our room over the bay of Puerto del Carmen were perfect.
The staff were EXCELLENT and always helpful & attentive. The chap singing and playing the guitar at supper time was a lovely touch. The all inclusive worked very well with a constant supply of aqua con gas and aqua sin gas, help yourself to ice cream, mid afternoon crepes and delicious waffles all included as well as the breakfast, lunches and evening meals - most of which I have brought home on my hips. Food was outstanding. It is self service and there was a lot of choice, including healthy options with delicious fruits and salads. People were respectful and patient when choosing their meals and despite the fact that there were a lot of people in the hotel (1200 ish) you didn't have to queue for the foods (except fish and steaks which were cooked to order).
The hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport, so a very easy transfer. You do see the occasional plane coming in to land, but there are only a few a day - a couple more at weekends, but the noise is minimal.
We wouldn't go back to the hotel again, but only because we like to experience different locations, and I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to others, especially those who are travelling as families with younger children (< 12yrs) and those who are travelling with grandparents or as groups of friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen