Chose the Jameos Playa because of the reviews that we had read about, the location and the details from our travel agent. We weren't dissapointed. My husband is disabled and we have had some horrendous experiences at hotels. This one I am pleased to say was excellent. We had an accessible room, which was close to the swimming pool and the resteraunt so it was easy to pop back when we wanted to. All the accomodation is low rise and some rooms have pool or sea view. It might be best to pay a bit extra for one of these views as soom rooms seemed to have poor views or no sun.There are 3 accessible rooms. We had a large bathroom and lovely shower suitable for a wheelchair if you have one. The hotel is spotless, the staff extremely friendly and very accomodating,in fact nothing was too much trouble for any of them. We chose all inclusive and the food was just fantastic, so much choice, so much of it and everything was well presented and fresh. the local fish that was bbq each day was divine. The theme nights were also good and there would be something for everyone even if you are a fussy eater. The 2 pool bars also provided welcome drinks and coffee or tea and afternoon waffles and pancakes were popular. The swimming pools have lots and lots of sunbeds, we went in May so there are always plenty. No need to reserve a bed and the hotel apparently doesn't allow beds to be reserved!!! There are lots of umbrellas and shady spots as it does get very hot.
The hotel hires out a safe. Takes a deposit on pool towels and will also hire you a kettle. The real bonus for us was that our flight back was late and because the hotel wasn't full we were able to keep our room on till we wanted it AT NO EXTRA COST. I have never known a hotel to do that and they did that for everyone not just a few.
The only negative comments we can give any one is that if you want a quiet dining experience with no children running about then perhaps this hotel is not for you. Especially in the summer months. There is a dress code for dinner but children can eat at any time and although we have children and grandchildren it is nice to eat without childfren if you want to. Unfortunately you can't. So if you want to eat child free then this hotel may not be for you especially if it is a busy time of the year. Same applies to the Belingo Bar, children are there without restriction so the night club image the hotel gives doesn't really work if there are young children running about.
Wifi available in the reception so take a I pad ot notebook if you need to . Access to the internet is cheap on the hotels computers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Los Jameos Playa is located alongside the beach of Los Pocillos in the quiet area of Puerto del Carmen. Architecturally inspired by the island style, the hotel has magnificent pools set in extensive landscaped palm gardens. Hotel guests can enjoy a wide variety of sports activities and entertainment, suitable for all ages, even for the youngest members of the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Seaside Los Jameos Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote
- Seaside Los Jameos Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen