My family and I stayed here for a week from May 25 to June 1. We had two apartments next door to each other on the lower ground floor so we had to come up steps to reach pool level. It meant we didn't have a view as such, but was still perfectly fine and there was no extra noise from the bar area above us which was good. The apartments overall were pretty quiet, so there was plenty of sun beds to choose from. The pool area was always kept clean and tidy but the pool was pretty freezing, though when it gets even hotter out there I'm sure it'll be much needed! We had a couple of ice creams from the bar but didn't eat there, however there seemed to be a good selection of snacks to choose from if desired. We didn't see a lot of staff, and some days the receptionist also ran the bar area but the staff we did meet were all very pleasant. We had a smooth check in and out and were able to keep one of our rooms on for free on the day of departure which was a big bonus.
As for the rooms themselves, they were typical of most self catering apartments in Europe really, little table for two, two ring hob, sink, fridge with little ice box, microwave, toaster and kettle and some frying pans. Plenty of crockery and cutlery too. Might be a random point but we had a tea towel provided each time the maid came which was nice as it's usually something you need to remember to bring.
The bedroom was an average size for two people, there was plenty of wardrobe space with some shelves inside plus hangers and a safety deposit box which you pay a deposit for. The beds were a bit on the firm side but you get used to them after the first night. I actually slept out on the sofa bed in the living room as my sister and little niece were in the bedroom and I had a perfectly good week of sleep. There is a drawer pull out bed under the sofa too if there's a fourth person staying. The only thing that annoyed me a little is that I had to make my own bed up even after the maid had been, I think when you've paid the same amount as the others to be there you should get the same service but maybe that's just me. The rooms were cleaned every other day and the room always had a lovely smell to it once the maids had been. The air con worked really well and you can have it on three different settings in both rooms.
As for location, the Montana is great, there's a lovely little Italian restaurant at the end of the street as well as a big Spar supermarket so we stocked up on breakfast and some lunch stuff there. It's only a five minute walk down to the front and the street outside is pretty quiet.
Overall the apartments are a perfectly acceptable place to stay, clean, tidy with nice staff and a good location, all you could really need from a week's break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suite Hotel Montana Club is placed in the heart of Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote. 5 minutes walk from the popular Playa Grande beach, in a quiet area and close to the beach promenade with shops, bars and restaurants. Totally refurbished in 2007, the hotel has two outdoor swimming pools and offers free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Montana Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Montana Aparthotel Lanzarote
- Montana Aparthotel Hotel Lanzarote
- Lanzarote Montana
- Montana Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen