“Great holiday.”

Ranked #14 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Great holiday.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was our second holiday to the Montana Club having been there last year. We had family members with us and they had a great holiday. You can do as much or as little as you want. Same as other reviews about spar and the strip. There are so many places to choose from if you want to go out for a meal. Rooms are clean and comfy. The staff are all very nice too, especially Santiago. An all round good place to holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank E_brown1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Montana club and its great! It's been my 3rd time staying at these apartments and every time I have been its been excellent! The beds get changed 1-2 times a week along with cleaning and towels every other day, the staff are really welcoming and friendly especially the bar man Santi. During our stay they did a BBQ in which the food was of good quality and tasted fantastic!! The apartments have all you need for self catering and are quite spacious and comfortable although the beds are a little hard but that's the same in most places I have stayed in. Overall, a really great place to stay that's clean, very friendly and has air con!!

• Stayed July 2013
6 Thank Kerry C
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just back from another great holiday here, 9 years apart. So relaxing ,very friendly staff,rooms and ground always clean.Not to much happening at night at bar,so it only a short walk to beech front where you find all you want to eat and drink at whatever prices you want to pay.Barman Santiago, great fun and very helpful. The Friday night bbq well worth it,s fee and is great night to meet everyone even the owner, but dont get Santiago to sing on karaoke. We will definitely all be back to here

Room Tip: Pool views a must
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Stewart M
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Essential info right here! Excellent apartment hotel resort.
Reading one or two negative reviews of these appartments may have you worried or considering not booking here. Well, Ignore the negative reviews!

Someone had said that the apartments were dated, and a few people said they are "basic."
Trust us when we say that there is nothing basic about these suites. We paid good money for accomadation & had got a VERY basic & dingy apartment, that will remain un-named here for fairness, for 6 days before we were moved out of them by our tour operator and upgraded to the Montana Club Suites...
Our new apartment at the Montana was clean, superbly furnished and very well equipped.

Other than the 'basics' the premium features that stood out were as follows: It had icy air conditioning - (individual for each room!) microwave, bidet, orthopedic beds, solid wood furniture, digital door locks, expensive shower head, marbled bathroom, luggage rack, dimmer lighting, and a lot more that i don't remember! Basic appartments do not have these features, and our comparison apartment certainly did not.
Unfortunately they were/are a little short staffed at the time of our stay, but i feel that this didn't affect much as the staff that were there tried hard and went above and beyond when the time allowed.
The on-site restaurant was closed temporarily but they had pub type food at the bar and many fine choices were nearby outside the hotel.
Drinks prices being high did not bother us, as you get that at these types of places. And you have a fridge to buy your own if wanted.

The little niggles that we noticed did not touch what was a pretty amazing place to stay overall.
The Montana Club was a sight for sore eyes for me as i had been ill for the first few days of our stay. So all in all this was a premium stay at a relaxing quality complex.
Will book again, don't hesitate to try this place!

Room Tip: All rooms are pool facing, upper rooms have proper door entry (we preferred) and not balcony entry.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank jbxsega
Burnley
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Why do people always moan when they they stay in 3 star hotels and are surprised the drinks are dearer then down the road.Don't go 3 star if you want to pay just cheap bed and breakfast prices and wish to drink at Wetherspoons!First the beds, nice and firm love then, cant stand cheap soft mattresses, great nights sleep.Yes you do have to pay for the umbrellas but it stops people coming down early in the morning hogging everything then not turning up till late afternoon if at all,no problem.People making noises in rooms above happens at every resort just live with it.Great location, excellent staff and on reception we found both receptionist to be very efficient and professional,must give particular mention to Mariola who we thought did an excellent job on reception.But that doesn't take that away from the rest of the staff who we found did a wonderful job.The resort great, fantastic restaurants and a place we will come back again too.Found no problems with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. Happy Holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for room with own balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PhillipKBurnley
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The location of the hotel is a 3 minute walk to the main strip of Puerto Del Carmen, where you will find tonnes of places to eat & drink, as well as some decent beaches. There is a spar supermarket to pick up essential items for your stay at the end of the road. So the location, really is excellent.

The pool area is decent there are two pools, only one has a shallow end for kids. There were plenty of sunbeds to go around. If u want a mat, you have to rent one @ €12 a week, or €4 for the day. You also have to pay for the umbrellas. Which in my personal opinion is not on, as there isn’t any shade in the pool area. There is one table of 4 by the pool table, and 2 tables of 2 just outside the pool bar in the shade.

Also, the pool bar is expensive compared to places around the hotel. To put it bluntly, buy soft drinks for your rooms, and if you want a beer. Take a 3 minute walk, you can get a pint of beer for what the pool bar charges for a small beer. I didn’t eat there, so I can’t comment on the actual quality of the food but the prices are better outside the hotel.

We arrived around 10pm on the 1st night, receptionist helpful, check in was easy, we were given a ground floor apartment. The apartment itself is a good size. The equipment was basic but decent, the couch can be turned into two single beds. It was clean and the furnishings and everything were in good condition.

The bathroom was also clean, there was a bath with combination shower taps, had decent enough pressure. There was a problem, with the bathroom however, there was no hair dryer. Also, a slight annoyance, but you can see why some hotels do this. No TV remote, you have to put a deposit of €10 down. Also there is a charge for the safe key, plus a deposit for that too.

That was a bad point, so everything seems quite positive, so far right, well things are about to go south. As mentioned, we arrived late the 1st night, we went out had a bite and settled in to go to sleep just after midnight. Now the beds, are not comfortable at all, they were hard and the pillows were not great. Still this isn’t a 4* hotel, u adjust. That wasn’t the issue on the 1st night, it was the people above of us, we kept hearing, high heels at 1st then chairs/other furniture being moved around & you could hear talking then the TV, then more furniture moving. It didn’t stop until early morning, I dropped off around 3am. I was then awoken around 7 to more noise upstairs. I could then hear noise next door.

Around half 8, we went into the reception and asked if we could be moved to the 1st floor. The receptionist was a little put out but helpful enough and we got our request. There was a little bit of a debate about how the ‘two old ladies’ above us couldn’t possibly be doing that, but hey, it got done.

So on to room number two, this time there was a hairdryer, happy wife. Bed still not comfy, but this room was not as noisy, apart from some locals shouting at each other one night. We stayed here for the remaining 8 days. The air con, didn’t seem as good in this room, but it helped a little. To be honest having the door open in the early evening got the apartment cool enough.

The only other issue was cockroaches, I caught one on the 3rd night, another escaped me under the fridge on day 4. After that we started leaving the lights on in the front room when we left for the evening and putting all our food in the fridge. This helped saw 1 more(could’ve been the same one as before) on the last night. Missed him again, my apologies to the next guest.

I don’t actually blame the hotel for this issue, my sister in law lived on the street around the corner and she used to catch them in her house a few times a month, which used to be immaculately clean. I also caught a lot more in a better hotel in Tenerife a few years ago.

The room was cleaned every other day, beds made and changed, fresh towels, a top up of toilet paper left.

The value of the hotel is fantastic, the location is excellent, being on the top floor made our stay a lot better, I would actually recommend staying here.

It’s just a little bad luck and some beds that were not that great that have stopped me giving the hotel a 4 for the review.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Hellz08
MontanaClub, Director de Recepción at Montana Club, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for having taken time to write your comments
To improve the quality of our accomodation we are grateful of your opinion.
Kind regards
Ligia Sánchez
Reception Manager
uk
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Me and daughter hit this little beauty 11th June and had apartment 229 which gave us the rays of sunshine in the afternoon till the moon took over. My main reason for choosing here was how the TA reports said it was clean and it certainly was just that. Not just the rooms but the grounds and pool where kept clean at all times too. Wifi was also free in rooms and a little hit and miss but it worked enough to face time home and add photos on facebook to show off lol apparently it worked better near the bar.
The room.. This is not four/five stars but catered for every one of our needs. I have been to some amazing places 2-3-4 and 5. These are totally my opinions but I hope they help you in your venture to the place you want to be. We went here to spend some mother and daughter time and to chill and relax making our time together here 6 stars. There is quirky things like big and small cups, There nothing like a full pot of tea for some folk haha same with the glasses. Toaster, coffee maker, microwave, two ring cooker, etc basically every thing you need for your jollies. Saying that we did not cook much. The fridge was spotless and smelled fresh. We were glad after a day out in the volcanoes we had a cork screw for the wine we had bought too. I am not really a wine lover but oh my the wine was delicious and we bought three bottles in the airport on the way back. The sofa makes two single beds and there was a single chair plus a dining table and chairs. They have a flat screen telly that you have to hire a remote for but you get your money back. Found three plug points in here and all took two pin plugs. We only put the telly on once so I can not comment on programs. The room doors open to the balcony which has a plastic table and chairs. You don't share your balcony but you do share the stairs that join both.
Bathroom... I am funny about grout in the tiles been dirty, I have a little bit of ocd on this lol, The grout is grey here not white but its kept clean from dirt and the shower curtain was spotless too. there is a sink and a large mirror also plug points. Had no problems with any pluming and shower was nice and relaxing. Towels changed nearly every day.
Bedroom .. Large full size mirror to see how good you look in your new clothes and tan. Two singles beds, extra pillows, blankets if needed. this room is where the aircon is and it worked fine for us was not too noisy either so you could sleep. The wardrobe is ok for two/three maybe a push at four. there was ten full triangle coat hangers. The door next to here has shelf's and this is where the safe is. You have to hire the safe and pay deposit for the key. The safe is a ok size it fit my I-pad, doc, camera, phones etc no problem. We did leave a few items out when we forgot but nothing was ever taken. I felt secure staying here and after hours you have to use a key to get in the gates that are locked.
We were told all apartment have a hairdryer even though we didn't they just gave us one anyway. You can get irons and ironing boards from reception for a deposit that is given back. We find the deposits are good for saving them extra euro for airport taxi or duty free's. Just to add here the food at the airport is very expensive and you will find lots of places in PCD make up airport sandwiches on their menu's.
Pool.. Once again this is kept very clean and there was never a problem about getting a sun bed. We only went in the adult side and from what I hear the other pool has warmer water. I did swim a few times and it was cold at first but you got used to it. You have to hire the cushions that go on the beds if you want them there is a daily or weekly charge. There was no music at our side and it was a very relaxed sunbathing heaven.
Reception/ Bar All staff that I met here were very helpful, We did not venture into the bar much till the end of the week and the guy behind was helpful and funny even asked my daughter to make a cocktail she liked that wasn't on the list. It was fun and I wished I had spent more time here. I didn't venture here because so many on the TA had said that it was a little expensive. I found it was more than some of the smaller bars along the strip, the ones that offer a pint for 2 euros but it was on par and a little bit cheaper than the bars we went to. Cocktails were more in Ruta 66 than the hotel. Plus you have to remember the spirts are free poured and not measured in the Montana. When our children were little we also paid hotel prices sometimes too because before we hit the bars on the strips our children cost us more via the tacky shops lol. We only had cheesy chips here so I can not comment on the food but there were lots of orders been taken while we drank our cocktails.
Outside.. Turn right and then left for the Spar and carry on for five minutes or so for the strip. Taxi to Old town outside Montana was 5 euro's and to airport 15 euros. The reception ring them for you and they come straight away. We loved the old town and next time we come will spend more time there but we will be staying at the Montana. Thanks to all that made our holiday and it goes to show you don't have to have a five star hotel to have a perfect holiday. Our days have been a little less sunshine than what we ordered but truly amazing and we certainly got the priceless memories that we wanted. As for PDC loved every thing about it and the best of the three canary islands I have been to.

Room Tip: We had room 229 and it was on the adult pool side, I would ask for this side again if I didn't h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank BLACKSAPPHIRE
MontanaClub, Director de Recepción at Montana Club, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your nice comments about us.
We appreciate it very much.
Kind regards