“Location perfect but NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!”

Apartamentos Jable Bermudas
Ranked #13 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We are just back from a week holidays in Lanzorote staying at the Jable Bermudas. The location of the apartments is great, real close to the beach, shops, pubs etc. However, I travelled with my two children aged 7 yrs and 12 years and except for the pool tables there was NOTHING for them here. They were hugely disappointed as was I with the swimming pool. Although the brochure and web site states that 'they have no seperate childrens pool they do have a shallow end to the pool.'.not so!! The shallow end of the pool was over 5ft deep ans so we ended up going to other hotels to use their pools. ALSO THERE WAS SO MANY ANTS. IN THE BED, ALL OVER THE FLOOR, ON THE CURTAINS. I know ants are common place in the sun but nearly every night whilst trying to sleep on the very uncomfortable fold out bed I was accompanied by ants.Towels are only changed once a week so bring some of your own. Staff were really friendly though. These apartments are definetly suited for adults only.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 30, 2009

this is my second time here at these apts and could find no fault in these appartments. went with 13 girls for a 40th birthday. close to beach pubs and near enough to old town. i am thinking of going again in august. everything about this holiday was great. supermarket was right beside us. from the main street there are two ways to get to these apts so be careful you take the short hill as there is a very steep hill on one side ...
marie from sligo ireland

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I have just returned from a short break in these apartments.

My overall view is that these apartments are good value for money, and I would unhesitatingly return.

I stayed in apartment 126 – very close to, but not adjacent to the road. The apartment was next door to the swimming pool and was, unusually, semi-detached!

The advantages were:

• Very quiet both day and night – and contrary to the previous review I found very little traffic noise – despite the traffic diversion (this won’t last for ever either). Also I did not hear any of the neighbours.
• 4 supermarkets within 5 mins walk.
• Sea front 5 mins walk away (although down a small steep hill)
• Spacious
• Clean
• Toaster, kettle, and coffee maker supplied
• Reception polite and helpful.
• Excellent secure ventilation
• Wi-fi worked in apartment.
• Spacious fridge with very effective freezer compartment.

There are some features which may detract from the experience for some – but did not worry me. These include:

• As mentioned by previous reviewer – no microwave, nor oven or grill.
• No cleaning/washing up materials
• You need to supply own soap and shampoo etc
• Mattress was hard foam
• TV had only Sky News and, bizarrely, Channel 5 as the English language selection.
• No air-conditioning or fans (but it wasn’t needed).
• Hot water was supplied from own immersion heater – and it needed to reheat after one shower.
• No view from balcony (see picture)
• Due to the extremely extensive road works in Puerto Del Carmen the nearest bus stops were a little distance away.

Given the price I paid I was well satisfied.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank pcw12kcox
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Have just returned from an 11 day break at these apartments.

Although fully functional, they were unsuitable for people with young children. I travelled with my parents who stayed in the apartment next door. My kids are 5 & 10 months. You have most things that you will require, although a microwave or oven wouldn't go a miss. They were given a basic clean (the floors are always filthy) 5 days a week. We could not use the pool as it had no shallow end. My oldest child is nearly 5, has swimming lessons so does not wear wings, but not confident enough to swim unaided below her depth. It was also un-heated and believe me the water was freezing. The apartments 5 & 7 were also on a very busy one way road, where the traffic is diverted from the main strip with lorries, trucks and cars zooming down, this was also very noisy well into the early hours. My eldest obviously wanted to visit granny & grandad and this was impossible without being physically taken next door because of steps and traffic.

We used the beach, although 8 Euros for a couple of loungers and brolly. Then after a little searching i found a resort with a heated outside pool with a shallow end. I hate to say it we used the pool at this resort on a daily basis, the resort was not full and no one seemed to mind as long as were spending money at the bar or restaurant. Please contact me if want further details.

The food overall was poor, we never had a hot meal apart from the last night which was at the Chopsticks restaurant at the end of the road. Several meals had to be sent back at restaurants along the strip so beware.

The weather was also poor, in the 11 days, I guess we had 5 that were sunbathing days.

The apartments are situated well and close to all amenities, however you have to climb heart attack hill at one end, or still a struggle but less steap hill at the other, not easy for elderly or those with a pram or buggy.

If you are travelling with pounds, you are in for a shock, everything is very expensive £4.50 for a bowl of tomato soup at todays exchange - beware.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2009

We have just returned from our second stay in the Jables. At first we were given a terrible room in the complex. However, after speaking to the very helpful receptionist we were moved immediately to a room over the road. This is where we had stayed on our previous visit. The apartments are spacious and very clean. I agree, the towels could have been changed more than twice a week. They are brilliant self catering apartments. We will certainly be staying there again in January 2010.
I recommend the chinese at the end of the street - Chopsticks. The place is immaculate and the staff are brilliant. Or go onto the main stretch and visit Maritonis restaurant/snack bar, believe me, you won't eat better!! Each year we end up having breakfast most days and eat there often in the evenings. The food is fab!! Try to look past the miserable staff, they are quite friendly really.
Overall, a brilliant holiday in clean comfortable accommodation. What more could you want??
Angie & Paul - Newcastle Upon Tyne

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank angiepaul_9
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Even if we really enjoyed Lanzarote and Puerto del Carmen with their magnificent beaches , deserts of lava , mountain of fire we had a disappointing experience with this apartahotel.
After having seen some pictures of this structure and learnt all the facilities available on several hotel booking engines, we eventually decided to book Jable Bermudas apartments, considering value for money and location.

When we arrived we were given a different apartment from a different structure with a different name. The area was the same and still ok, but room conditions had nothingh to do with what they sold on the web and what was actually available on site just few meters away from our building. Besides of that there was neither TV nor hairdryer which were clearly listed in the facilities offered at time of booking.
We complained at the reception but we were answered "that was the only apartment left and by the way, apart from the TV, there was no difference with the other apartment". We can assure all travellers reading this contribution that, apart from the TV, the difference was huge and substantial: Refurbishment, Forniture, curtains, Blankets, layout .......etc.

At the end I tried to find a little compromise asking at least to get a TV. Unfortunatelly no way because It was not available.

If anybody will decide to book this accomodation we kindly reccomend to double check and make sure Jable Bermuda will provide what they promise at time of booking.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Frapapa
Reviewed December 8, 2008

My Fiancee and I stayed at the Jable Bermudas in July 2008 and booked through Thomas Cook - we booked wanting self catering apts in a central location - we did not have great expectations but when we arrived we were more than impressed!

Apts - The apartments were Large and very cool inside even without air-con. They were cleaned on a daily basis and new towels were given every 2nd day - which is excellent service. The apts are spaced up the road on boths sides with the reception being in the middle located next to the pool and bar - there is also tennis courts and mini golf onsite.

Pool - Pool was nice and clean and very chilled music was not too loud and there was a good mix of people . The ppool bar is resonabily priced and the snacks are a good quality. The beach is around a 5 minute walk (to avoid cardiac hill turn right when you leave reception towards the spar) and is very hot during the day. The water is lovely and clean and there is not much waves which make it good for swimming.

The location is great as you can walk everywhere without too much hastle - although the best resturant we found was Cafe Del Carmen and this is the very far end off the strip so you have to avoid all the PR's to get here but its worth the walk - set on the top floor you overlook the beach and can watch the sun set with a nice bottle of wine and the best quality food - by a long shot - in the resort. The service is excellent and the view amazing - perfect for chilling! Of course there are plenty of other places to eat but this was by far our favorite followed by the Mexican ( you can't miss it they are so bright coloured inside!)

These Apts are excellent and the resort is really good too - everyone is nice and friendly with a good mix of young and old.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank t1curt