“Absolutely wonderful”

Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Let's start with what Los Fariones isn't. It's not terribly posh, at least in the rooms. The furniture is a bit dated, so it's not cutting-edge. It doesn't have air conditioning, so it's not the utmost in comfort.

But here's what Los Fariones is: It is warm, welcoming, inviting, comfortable and the perfect place to relax.

My room was spotlessly clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. While there is no air conditioning, the staff will happily bring a fan to your room. Speaking of the staff, they are wonderful. I found them all to be very professional, and most of them were incredibly friendly, always smiling. No request was a problem.

The location is simply as good as it gets in Lanzarote, and certainly the best spot in Puerto del Carmen. It's situated just on the edge of the new town and next to the old town, so you have the best of both within an easy (and gorgeous) walk. It has its own little beach, which some locals use, and that just adds to the charm. If you don't like the beautiful little cove (perhaps some people won't like that lots of local girls come there to sunbathe topless -- OK, very few people) then Playa Grande is just steps away and never feels crowded. The pool is lovely and well maintained, and the gardens are beautiful.

Overall, I just cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I went alone, and the crowd was largely older folks, but I kind of liked that. It made for a relaxing atmosphere, and the families staying there certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Oh, and the breakfast buffet is fantastic! Can't speak about the dinner buffet, as I never tried it. Looked nice enough, but there are so many restaurants nearby I was spoilt for choice.

Fantastic place, one of the best hotel stays I've had, and the price was very good. What more could a person want?

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor, and it was very quiet. The view of the sea, the little cove in front of t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jlnewland
bienvenido s, Gerente at Los Fariones Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear client:
Thank you very much for the detail to take your time and write these lovely and motivating words about your stay in Fariones Hotel. As well, thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations.
We highly appreciate the complete description of your experience here and we are sure that it will be very useful for our future guests. We will take into consideration your critiques and recommendations. On behalf of all the staff, we are looking forward to your next visit here!
General Manager Fariones Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hotel Los Fariones playa enjoys a wonderful location in Puerto del Carmen , with walking distance from shops and restaurants .
Its secluded garden features two swimming pools among the palm trees and a private beach .
I was there in may, so I cannot tell how the swimming pool area is in high season. In may, it was just perfect, great weather and not too many people.
The down side of the hotel is the fact that the rooms and facilities are dated, and need renovations . Beds are good, though.
The plus side, the personel is soooo friendly and nice and welcoming, and the breakfast is just perfect in order to start the day with a smile on your face . And the atmosphere is truly relaxing.
So this is the reason while I gave a " very good" grade to the hotel . If I would have focused on their facilities , I would have pushed it down to average . But I liked so much the experience, even in those dated rooms, that I will keep the very good rate .

Room Tip: The rooms facing the sea
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank naza2005
Dear client:
Thank you for staying at Aparthotel Fariones Playa and for writing this review about it.
It is great that you liked the personnel and location of Fariones Playa establishment and that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We appreciate your kind words and we are happy to hear that you had a relaxing and pleasant break at Puerto del Carmen. As you have seen, we keep our standards as high as usual and we are constantly improving our service. We hope you will visit us again soon for another superb accommodation in Fariones.
Sincerely yours,
Dublin
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was my third visit to the Fariones Hotel and yet I'd still love to return there again. I agree with other reviews that it needs to be refurbished but its location is superb and I enjoy it's old fashioned spaciousness and ambience. It is right on the sea, with its own private cove for swimming - heaven for me! Each holiday I've had there has been wonderfully relaxing and a real switch-off. I sleep well because I can hear the sound of the sea from my bedroom. I spend my time reading by the pool - there is plenty of shade, both from the palm trees and the good supply of umbrellas - and swimming in the beautiful clean sea. For a bit more exercise, there are lots of places to walk. The Old Town is about 10 minutes and you can walk via the coast path or up the hill and along the shopping street. In the other direction you can walk along the "strip" with restaurants and shops on one side and a beautiful long beach on the other. There is a cycle path as well as a lovely promenade on the beach side. For getting out of Puerto del Carmen, there are lots of tours available if you want to see around the island of Lanzarote.

I usually stay in the hotel on a bed and breakfast basis and for dinner in the evening prefer to go to one of the many restaurants nearby. My favourites are La Casa del Parmigiano (just across the road, use the 10% discount voucher from the hotel), Restaurante Montmartre (5 minutes walk up the hill), and Bodega in the Old Town. There are also several supermarkets near the hotel where you can buy water, suncream or whatever you need.

Summary: go there if you want to take it easy, surrounded by old fashioned, if faded, quality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Zorro0133
bienvenido s, Gerente at Los Fariones Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We celebrate that you enjoy yourselves, as you deserve and that you feel well taken care in Fariones.
For us it is always very important to know the impression of our guest; only so, we can continue to work daily on us and to ensure that our clients feel comfortable and joyful in our establishments.
As always we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. In the meanwhile we send you our best regards from sunny Lanzarote.

Tipperary
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's my bit of heaven, I just love it, always get my requested room, just ask for a fridge and one will be there for you. Love the sound of the waves as i sleep at night, one thing i am not happy about is people getting away with putting towels on the sunbeds very early in the morning, i would love to gather them all up and dump them in the pool, but I guess I would get into serious trouble ha ha. Looking forward to my return :)

Room Tip: Room 533 over looking the pool and ocean
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Clients;

Thank you very much for your lovely words. We are very happy to know that you enjoy your holidays in Fariones Hotel.

Be sure that your remarks have been taken into consideration. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future and assure you that every effort will be made to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent a week with my Mom last October here, I read great reviews we were really disappointed. The location is great. Food is awful here went across the road for breakfast in the cafe's each morning . No aircon and also had to ask for a fridge in the room the rooms and whole hotel bar the reception area need a complete re vamp. The pool area bar was closed, I felt like getting up an painting it , it had that old uncared for look. We were disappointed as we have read good reviews, Great location and views from the hotels and rooms but it needs to be upgraded.. desperatly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing our Fariones Group and for taking your time to write your opinion about Fariones Hotel.

We are dreadfully sorry to hear that you have been disappointed by your stay. It is very unexpected for us to read your complaints and we can assure you that we note them in order to improve our service.

Once more I most sincerely ask you to accept our sincerest excuses.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here in November. The accomodation consisted of one Bedroom, a Sitting Room, Kitchen & Bathroom. It was really clean, lovely staff, gorgeous pool. The only drawback that we found was that while the breakfast was included, they appeared to cater mainly for the German/Swedish Tourists, and had very little options for English/Irish Tastebuds etc. Otherwise you could not fault this hotel, and they also had great entertainment during the day for everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your nice review about our establishment. We are very satisfied to hear you have enjoyed your stay so much.
Regarding your comments about our breakfast buffet, we would like to inform you that we do our best to please all the nationalities tastes; however we note your comments in order to improve this matter
Once again, thank you very much for your help and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Yes, as many may have mentioned-the building is dated-but does it matter? No. It is charming and with the extensive garden, sunbathing area, direct access beach, tennis court steps away from the room-I hardly noticed the room. The view is stunning. Turquoise clear water for snorkelling. The mature garden gives a sense of quiet confidence, calm and relaxing. The room is clean and other public areas are equally well maintained. You can have breakfast in the sun (or in the shade, if you prefer) outside, overlooking the sea, with the sound of waves lapping gently. The hotel is lively. The garden seems to be natural habitat to hundreds of birds. Ample sunbathing area-even during school holidays, around the pools or facing the direct access beach. It is located next door to a long stretch of public beach-perfect for jogging in the morning and watch the sun rise. The area outside the hotel is busy with tourists but once you are inside the ground, it is a calm oasis. Cleanliness of the room and garden-top notch. Staff-excellent. Food-very good. Even the occasional cats are well looked after.

Minor inconvenience:
Bring your own tennis rackets. Yes, you can rent it from the reception. No, they are not in good condition.

The locals do come on to the private cove-making it slightly crowded but they livened the atmosphere (some were really talented young footballers).

The safe-old style, with a key-pay at reception-10 euro deposit back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank A L
bienvenido s, Gerente at Los Fariones Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Clients: