Let's start with what Los Fariones isn't. It's not terribly posh, at least in the rooms. The furniture is a bit dated, so it's not cutting-edge. It doesn't have air conditioning, so it's not the utmost in comfort.
But here's what Los Fariones is: It is warm, welcoming, inviting, comfortable and the perfect place to relax.
My room was spotlessly clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. While there is no air conditioning, the staff will happily bring a fan to your room. Speaking of the staff, they are wonderful. I found them all to be very professional, and most of them were incredibly friendly, always smiling. No request was a problem.
The location is simply as good as it gets in Lanzarote, and certainly the best spot in Puerto del Carmen. It's situated just on the edge of the new town and next to the old town, so you have the best of both within an easy (and gorgeous) walk. It has its own little beach, which some locals use, and that just adds to the charm. If you don't like the beautiful little cove (perhaps some people won't like that lots of local girls come there to sunbathe topless -- OK, very few people) then Playa Grande is just steps away and never feels crowded. The pool is lovely and well maintained, and the gardens are beautiful.
Overall, I just cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I went alone, and the crowd was largely older folks, but I kind of liked that. It made for a relaxing atmosphere, and the families staying there certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Oh, and the breakfast buffet is fantastic! Can't speak about the dinner buffet, as I never tried it. Looked nice enough, but there are so many restaurants nearby I was spoilt for choice.
Fantastic place, one of the best hotel stays I've had, and the price was very good. What more could a person want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located right on the beachfront and is set in wonderful gardens full of native plant species and also has direct access to the crystalline waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Los Fariones Hotel is in the best-known corner of Puerto del Carmen, the tourist area par excellence. Get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and come and stay at the Los Fariones Hotel where you can enjoy an excellent holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Fariones Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fariones Lanzarote
- Fariones Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Los Fariones
- Los Fariones Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Fariones Hotel Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen