This was my third visit to the Fariones Hotel and yet I'd still love to return there again. I agree with other reviews that it needs to be refurbished but its location is superb and I enjoy it's old fashioned spaciousness and ambience. It is right on the sea, with its own private cove for swimming - heaven for me! Each holiday I've had there has been wonderfully relaxing and a real switch-off. I sleep well because I can hear the sound of the sea from my bedroom. I spend my time reading by the pool - there is plenty of shade, both from the palm trees and the good supply of umbrellas - and swimming in the beautiful clean sea. For a bit more exercise, there are lots of places to walk. The Old Town is about 10 minutes and you can walk via the coast path or up the hill and along the shopping street. In the other direction you can walk along the "strip" with restaurants and shops on one side and a beautiful long beach on the other. There is a cycle path as well as a lovely promenade on the beach side. For getting out of Puerto del Carmen, there are lots of tours available if you want to see around the island of Lanzarote.
I usually stay in the hotel on a bed and breakfast basis and for dinner in the evening prefer to go to one of the many restaurants nearby. My favourites are La Casa del Parmigiano (just across the road, use the 10% discount voucher from the hotel), Restaurante Montmartre (5 minutes walk up the hill), and Bodega in the Old Town. There are also several supermarkets near the hotel where you can buy water, suncream or whatever you need.
Summary: go there if you want to take it easy, surrounded by old fashioned, if faded, quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located right on the beachfront and is set in wonderful gardens full of native plant species and also has direct access to the crystalline waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Los Fariones Hotel is in the best-known corner of Puerto del Carmen, the tourist area par excellence. Get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and come and stay at the Los Fariones Hotel where you can enjoy an excellent holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Fariones Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Fariones Lanzarote
- Fariones Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Los Fariones
- Los Fariones Puerto Del Carmen
- Los Fariones Hotel Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen