We arrived on 21st November for 2 weeks All Inclusive with First Choice. Check in was smooth and not to bad. Were given directions to room which we tried to find but unfortunately the nice man on reception did not give us too good a direction but we eventually found it. The slopes to the rooms are horrible and not for the less mobile but once inside the blocks there is a lift but you cannot avoid any of the slopes when wanting to get around the hotel. Opened the door and was pleasantly surprised as we had booked a double room but we were given an apartment (you could have a party in the bathroom as it was so big). Shower brilliant as was the hairdryer. The apartment was light and airy and view not to bad we overlooked the children's play area and had a side sea view and was very quiet. Our maid was brilliant.
The location of the hotel is absolutely fantastic as you just go out of the gate and onto a great promenade which if you turn left takes you to the airport and you can see the planes take off and land and if you turn right this takes you along the promenade to Los Picollos and then onto Carmen, and straight ahead is a wonderful beach. The plane noise did not bother us and it was quit good watching them from our sunbeds.
The hotel is kept very clean and the garden areas are very well kept.
The pool area is not too bad but the beds are close together but we used to go to the grassy area to the right of the pool which was still close enough for the pool bar. The pool bar is self service for drinks and snacks if you are all inclusive which is at the back of the bar. There is a freezer in there where you can get tubs of ice cream, lollies and their version of cornetto's which are good again for all inclusive.
Pool towels are a bit of a con, this is the first hotel I have stayed in where you pay the deposit and cannot change the towel daily and if you do want to change it it costs.
The food was awful and not cooked enough the bacon was just put into a roasting pan and cooked so the sides would be cooked but not the underneath. You could ask whoever was cooking the eggs to put some on the griddle so that made it better. The restaurant doors are open early but no one gets to the egg stations until 8o'clock. Eggs sunny side up Yuk! but you can ask them to flip it. The one and only time I tried the salad there was a caterpillar doing a dance on my lettuce my husband took this to the gentleman outside the restaurant and he just took it away to the kitchen and not so much of an apology (Mr Manager). Also rabbit stew was available Yuk! for breakfast as was the chicken from the previous night and the spare ribs. There was also the usual french fries as well for breakfast .The microwave certainly got some use while we were there as the food was not hot enough it was only lukewarm, it is in the corner next to the bread. Yes they do cook steaks and fish but would advise you get them to leave them longer as they are not fully cooked. Fresh pineapple for me was a bonus.
Bar staff were good and drinks OK. On all inclusive there are two levels for drinks which I do not think 24 euros a day is worth the upgrade to gold!! The people there when we stayed certainly made us of the drinks as there were too many drunks and people just being loud and causing trouble. Which spoils the atmosphere. Entertainment usual type of thing. Entertainment team worked hard.
If not satisfied with room you can upgrade at a cost and I would ask for 2355 as we did but it was not available at the time it has to be be the best room/suite on site.
There seemed to be a lot of people in suits walking around but they need to get the basics right.
Would I recommend it then no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Set on the oceanfront at Lanzarote's Matagorda Beach, with direct beach access, Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has 3 outdoor swimming pools, gardens, a tennis court and a gym. All air-conditioned accommodation has a balcony, most with ocean views. All rooms at the Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive are bright and functional, with a 39-inch TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer. Some accommodation also offers a microwave, fridge and kettle. The Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has an international buffet restaurant, and a tapas and sushi bar. Drinks are served at the pool bar and lobby bars. An entertainment programme for adults and children over 5 is provided, while the property also includes a kids club and adventure playground. All-inclusive rates include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Puerto del Carmen is only 3 km from the hotel, and Lanzarote Airport is 5 km away. Free public parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Lanzarote Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Aparthotel
- Hotel Sol Lanzarote
- Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive Puerto Del Carmen