“4 star ?”

Ranked #29 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
“4 star ?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

nice hotel but not 4 star. rooms nice. nice sea view, we had to change room because the bath was falling to bits staff very good this hotel needs painting outside and a good tidy up a lot of the sunbeds were broken, quite a lot of people were drunk most evening, and were very loud at night.

Room Tip: get a seaview rooms
2 Thank Harold C
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Harold C,

First of all I want to thank you for spending your valuable time to share your recent experience with us. I am sorry to read that we could not reach your expectations on all aspects. Please note that we are in constant maintenance work throughout the hotel and we have recently started in deep with all furniture and painting of the rooms.

I am happy to read that you found the hotel nice. I just really hope you give us another opportunity as I am sure you will notice the difference in your next visit.

Our best regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great location, great helpful staff, great entertainment especially for the kids. Clean hotel inside and out. Good variety of food, loads of fish for the fish lovers and a special thanks to Antonio the head chef and his team for preparing separate dishes for my wife as her being a full vegetarian. Well Done Sol for making our holiday a memorable one.
Highly recommend "The Taste of India" as the food especially the mix grill and service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Dilip Tribhowan... J
Dear Dilip Tribhowan... J,

Thank you so much for such nice words. Be sure that I will share your gratitude with the Head Chef and his team as well as the other departments. Making of your holiday a memorable one is our main target, so for us this is a complete success.

Your home in Lanzarote waits for you to come back!

Best Regards,

england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks all inclusive and having read previous reviews were concerned as to going all inclusive opposed to self catering, but all I can say is the food was fantastic plenty of choice and cooking stations so you could have your food cooked freshly in front of you.

We did on arrival upgrade to a sea view and we had room 3405 which had a fab view and the sun all day well worth the 84 euros we also hired a safe for the week at a cost of 18 euros.

Breakfast was vast from fruits, yogurt, cereal to fresh baked bread & full cooked breakfast, pastries cakes etc.
Lunch and dinner soup, vast salad bar and numerous cooked meats, fish . pizza etc and yummy desserts to be honest if you couldn't find anything to eat then you must be extremely fussy!
Hotel was clean and the room was big with a very big bathroom always plenty of hot water no matter what time of day and a good powerful shower , hairdryer in the bathroom was also powerful so no need to take your own.
We received clean towels every day and the room was cleaned at the same time , the room could have done with a fresh coat of paint but really very minor things, the bed was large and firm which suited us.
Drinks were fine and beer and wine was self service in the dining room along with fruit juice , soft drinks, tea, coffee etc.

We didn't have a problem getting a sun bed but as we were there low season although the hotel did seem pretty full I would imagine in peak season then you may have a problem as the sun beds were close together but there was grass you could use if it got to crowded around the pool.

to summarise a great week all inclusive food & drinks were very good staff friendly and efficient, I would return and recommend.

Room Tip: room 3405 great sea view and sun all day
1 Thank mi2ch
Dear mi2ch,

I am very happy to read your comments and on behalf of the team I want to thank you very much for that.

Recognition of our hard work and having enjoyed your holiday is by far our best reward!

As you mentioned in the title we are a good value, and that is what we are looking for: Value for money. I am glad that you found the hotel, our rooms and in particular our buffet restaurant so enjoyable. I completely agree with you on the variety of food choices that we have. We try to adapt to all and sometimes it is not easy to please everyone.

We hope to welcome you back again and receive our best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have today returned from the Sol Lanzarote and we didn't want to come home!
We are a couple in our 30's-well partner now 40yr! Self catering basis. Have been to lanzarote a few times before to other areas but this has to be the best beach and the hotel is very good.
When I booked, I didn't realise how close to the airport the hotel was and I must admit, I wasn't looking forward to it-but please don't let it put you off as the planes are not overly noisy, I'm no plane spotter, but it was really interesting watching them take off and land!
The hotel staff were always helpful, happy and friendly, we didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on that.
On my partners birthday, a maid came to our room with a bottle of bubbly, glasses and a hand written card from the hotel!...such a nice gesture off their own back-we were really shocked! Usually hotels want money for that sort of thing!
The cleanliness of the rooms and hotel were excellent-couldn't fault anything! The Maids were great!
Our room overlooked the pools and sea and the apartment was huge! Basic-yes (as there all are in the canaries) but the space was ace! Shower and hairdryer was better than mine at home!
The Sirocco restaurant a couple of mins walk along the beach has some lovely food!
I would definitely return to this hotel again! Thankyou to all the staff and hotel for a lovely holiday! Back to work tomorrow :(

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Karen G
Dear Karen G,

It is great to read your review and I would like to thank you very much for sharing it. On behalf of all the team we feel proud to read such rewardful comments and the most important: you had a great holiday!

I am extremely happy that you found our hotel so good, excellent cleaning service, our staff helpful, happy and friendly, and Matagorda beach as you mentioned, and I completely agree with you, is one of the best beaches of the island.

We wait for your next visit to Lanzarote. There is always an end for everything, but most of the times is just a… see you soon!

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Just enjoyed a seven day break at this hotel. We booked a self catering apartment and had a lovely view over the swimming pools and out to sea. We ate all our meals out and found some very good restaurants nearby, especially enjoying Brise for breakfast and Sirrocco for supper. The apartment was very clean with a good sized balcony which had the sun on it during the morning. The hotel is probably best suited to families, as it had a good kids entertainment programme, but at times we found this too loud with about a 2 hour slot taking place around the pool. If you travel with a tour operator I would recommend making your own way via taxi to the hotel, which is only 5/10 mins away, as this took over 45 mins, waiting for everyone to make their way to the coach which was a good 5 mins walk away in the hot sun dragging your suitcases! Safe cost us 18 euros for the week, but it does give you peace of mind. Overall a good week away and great location alongside a beautiful stretch of beach.

1 Thank katemk k
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear katemk k,

Thank you for taking time to share your lovely experience with us. It feels great to be able to contribute creating such a good memories. I am happy to read that you found our hotel nice, with lovely views, clean and good sized apartments and our location with a beautiful beach literally just steps away from our door.

We reached our main goal with you!

I remain waiting for you to visit us again very soon.

Best Regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Nice hotel close to Airport lots of places to eat if you don't go all inclusive the only problem I had was that on arrival the woman on hotel reception tried to tell me that they had over booked and offered to get me a room in another establishment when we had paid for Self Catering Apartment . We stood our ground and after 2 hours wait we got apartment which we had originally booked 2 Months ago needless to say was not please !!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Ronald Anthony S,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your experience with us via Tripadvisor. I am glad to know that you found our hotel to be nice and I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

My apologies for any misunderstanding we might have had on arrival. It is true that we had a situation with our booking department but I have to say we always offer the possibility to move with an extra value which on many occasions is very satisfactory. I can see that the offer was not suitable for you which it is completely fine. It is most probable that the receptionist did not explained properly the situation and the way we deal with it.

In regards to the delay in providing the room, I am sorry for the waiting time but unfortunately we were fully booked and we experienced many arrivals during the morning which makes very difficult to provide the rooms earlier that the official check-in time which is 15:00 o´clock.

I hope this was just a little disappointment hidden behind all other aspects of the hotel and you consider to visit us again in the future.

Our best Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay in the Sol Lanzarote, we could not find fault with anything, we are already booked to go back next year and have recommended it to our friends of which six of them are also booked for next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

2 Thank Rosemary C
Dear Rosemary C,

It is great to read a comment like yours. Thank you so much for sharing it!
We will gladly welcome you back next year and I am sure your friends will leave with the same satisfaction.

Best wishes from Lanzarote,

BelleVue Aquarius
#76 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,152 reviews
Melia Salinas - Adults recommended

Been to Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive? Share your experiences!