“Good the Bad and the Ugly” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive

Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Ranked #29 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good the Bad and the Ugly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just returned from a 2 week holiday at my old favourite hotel, over the years I have recorded some good and bad things regarding this hotel, firstly give credit where it is due the cleaning staff are excellent, friendly and helpful so they are the Good.

This time of year it is bursting to the seams with people, that means no sun beds and what there are they are reserved by 08.00 by the all inclusive brigade for them returning from their breakfast. Speaking of the AI brigade they now have a culture of reserving sun beds for their friends from other hotels which they access the Sol from the gate by the sea, not only do they have beds to sun bath they are plied with free drinks and food from their AI mates so they are the Bad.

Unfortunately on the 2nd week of our stay my wife fell ill with food poisoning "not from the hotel" however when I asked for help from the hotel reception non was forthcomming; apart from a leaflet with location of doctors thrown at me from the little man behind the counter, apprently not the hotels problem.
What i wanted was for someone to take an interest, posibly give me some guidance on the best British medical center we could go to maybe book a taxi for us, it's called customer service going the extra mile, therefore Reception is the Ugly

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank sunniside34
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear sunniside34,

It is sad for me to read some of your recent experience at Sol Lanzarote, but I appreciate the touch of humour you used to describe your thoughts. I really hope your wife feels better by now and no doubt I will share your concern with the reception team to make it a little more “handsome” for the future.

In addition to that I am very pleased and I would like to thank you for your nice words about our cleaning staff. I will share it too!

I really hope you had an overall nice holiday and this does not defer you from choosing us on your next visit to Lanzarote. I am sure we will get there for you thanks to your feedback!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Staines, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel looked really lovely in the brochure & I had checked out Tripadvisor before making the decision to book. We went all inclusive the last week of September/beginning of October.
The setting is very nice and there are lots of restaurants & pubs within walking distance if you do not want to go full board or all inclusive but, I do not believe this hotel is worthy of being graded as a 4 star resort.
The walls in our room were dirty - we had to ask for them to be washed as there was blood on them. The bathroom walls looked mouldy but on closer inspection were actually peeling.
The linen did not fit the beds properly and the mattress protectors were very worn. It took 2 days for us to receive extra pillows.
On the whole the food was good and we always found something to eat. Having said that, tea and coffee were not always available in the dining room after dinner. We had to get this from the bar and because we were all inclusive we were expected to use polystyrene cups - not what you would expect to end off a meal!!!
The attitude of a couple of staff members in the bar by the pools was disgraceful. Often there were no glasses for drinks & when this was brought to their attention you were literally given a glass - it was too much of an effort for them to restock the shelves or serve you.
At no point did we have any interaction with anyone from the management team - I do not expect to be hounded by them, but it would be nice to know who they are and feel that they care about your stay.
A few words of warning - there is no Wi-Fi not even in the lobby - you have to purchase access with varying tariffs and also DO NOT book a late check out - this costs 40 euros - if needs be request a courtesy room which is free.
Despite this we did have a relaxing time but will certainly not be rushing back.......

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room near the tennis courts and it was always quiet
2 Thank JanFul
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear JanFul,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and giving us the opportunity to improve. Your feedback is the most important tool we have to identify our deficiencies.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay, particularly if you found, as you mentioned, lack of friendlinees from some of the staff at the bar. We will pass your comments to have it into account for the future.

In regards to the condition of the room, please note we made the last 100% refurbishment on 2004 but we are working day-to-day with our maintenance team to minimize the strong use of the apartments. We normally apply deep maintenance during low season and we just have treated half the rooms of the hotel during last month.

Please note that every morning I am personally seated at the lobby area on a guest services desk, and apart from that I normally walk through the restaurant during peak times and premises of the hotel several times a day. It is good though that you mentioned you did not notice management presence and I will happily take it into consideration.

In addition to that I would like to point out that we have available WIFI connection with signal in all hotels with fixed rates. The only thing is that you have special packages for 1 day use or 1 week use.

So I really thank you once again for your suggestions and we hope to have another opportunity to make of your holidays a special one. I am sure you will notice improvement from last time.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My girlfriend and myself chose this for our first official holiday away together and we weren't disappointed. We were looking for a relaxing week of doing nothing and that is exactly what we felt we were able to do. We didn't go out anywhere as we felt there was enough choice in the restaurant and bar, and the beach was literally on the doorstep. This being said there were always plenty of activities going on and entertainment in the hotel, so if you're after that you won't be disappointed either.

We went all inclusive and the restaurant kept us happy enough as regards choice and quality - it's a buffet and they have standard English fair as well as themed nights with Italian/Mexican/Canary food. As it's all self service AI we didn't have many interactions with the staff but they were very quick to clear plates and keep the restaurant tidy.

The bar has plenty of local spirits and the measures are nice and strong! The snack bar was also useful in the day between meal times and the service was always quick and polite.

One really nice touch was that on the Sunday (my birthday) we returned to our room to find a bottle of sparkling wine with a note from the manager - either they had the info logged on their system after check in or the cleaners noticed my cards. Either way it was a very simple but touching gesture.

Going out of season I noticed that the children there were Spanish and therefore it seemed to mainly be more older people or couples....however I don't know how this would be in the height of summer. There were a number of disabled people/wheelchair users and lots of ramps/wide access so I'd also say the hotel is good for people with lack of mobility.

Overall my girlfriend and I came away very relaxed and with fond memories of the holiday and hotel so I can't praise any higher than that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Richard_H2984
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Richard_H2984,

I completely agree with your last sentence that you cannot praise any higher and it makes me very happy. Your satisfaction, and leaving with a good memory of our hotel is our main target, and your recognition is our best Reward!. Thank you so much for taking the time to share it with us via Tripadvisor.

I am glad you found our restaurant and bar to your liking and particularly that you noticed the hard work our staff do on a daily basis to provide a good service so we can make your holiday easier and relaxing.

On behalf of all the team a big THANK YOU and we really hope to have you back with us very soon. You are most welcome!

Puerto Del Carmen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

went to this hotel end sept, start of oct for 9 days,went with my husband , sisters and nieces, had a fantastic stay, went half board, everyone was very happy with the food. lovely rooms, had early flight in , and the staff checked us in straight away.gave us rooms near each other, pool area was spotless, hotel in gorgeous area, straight across from beach, we loved it, well done to all at sol

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

3 Thank Patricia R
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Patricia R,

We thank you very much for your lovely review. Nothing is more rewarding for us than providing fantastic experiences to our guests. I will make sure your comments are shared with all our staff.

I am sure we will have the pleasure to welcome you all again.

A big Thank You!

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

we have just returned from a weeks stay at the sol Lanzarote.
we booked two days before and I was slightly concerned at some of the reviews we read on here..
But i can honestly say we had a great week and no complaints.
The location was absolutely perfect for us and the hotel and the pool were spotless.
We never had any problems getting a sunbed as many have said but then that probably comes more with the fact of the time of year we visited.
my only criticism was the all inclusive restaurant which was a little repetitive at times but then i think that sometimes comes hand in hand with eating in the same place three times a day.
but saying that im a very very fussy eater so more choosy than most! but there was always something on offer that suited my taste..
I would recommend this hotel :)
only complaint now is I am missing my sangria and sunbed !!
thanks for a lovely holiday

Room Tip: Go for a sea view as we were overlooking a wall !! We were offered another room with a sea view bu...
2 Thank Michellemax143
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Michellemax143,

Thank you so much for your kind words!. We feel proud to contribute to your lovely holiday and I appreciate your gratitude the most.

I am happy to know that our buffet suited your taste at all times as you mentioned. It is true that having to provide meals three times a day with so many different tastes is not an easy job so I do appreciate highly that you mentioned it.

Whenever you decide to come back, I definitely recommend you to book a room with sea view. You won´t be disappointed!

We cannot wait to have you back with us. The sangría and the sunbed are waiting for you!

See you soon!

Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

After a long day travelling, when everything seemed to go wrong, I was very negative when I arrived at the Sol. I have a walking disability and the steps and slopes freaked me out.

The following day everything seemed brighter. We were in a room with lovely views of the sea and pool. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was the best I have had in an all-inclusive.
The hotel was spotless and the pool well cared for.

I had a lovely week and would thoroughly recommend this hotel. However, if you walk with a stick or walker and you have rented the disabled rooms, you will encounter steep slopes to get to your room. There are scooters to hire, should you need them.

1 Thank carey75
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear carey75,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Even though your fist impression was not positive due to the access to your room I am extremely happy to know that you had a lovely week with us at Sol Lanzarote!

In regards to your concern let me inform you that we have available a less steep slope in the back access to the disabled rooms.
I want to thanks especially your high recognition of our buffet restaurant as it is the result of hard work and big changes in our kitchen. It is great to hear we have the BEST FOOD you ever had in an All Inclusive. Thank you so much!

We hope to have you back very soon. You are most welcome!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed in room 3121 adapted ground floor self catering apartment very spacious and comfortable. Perfect location only a few metres from the beach.Very helpful staff eg battery low signal on free room safe - reported to receptionist and although we said this wasn't urgent as we were not leaving the apartment for a few hours the friendly maintenance man attended within one hour and quickly fixed this. Very accommodating with our hired electric scooter - we were allowed to keep the scooter on charge in reception area when needed.
Lovely spacious layout. No problem getting a free sun lounger whatever time of day.Maid service very good, attending daily. Would definitely return without question.

Room Tip: Ground floor disabled rooms very good size and walk in shower excellent (apartment 3121). Ramps on...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jane G
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Jane G,

I am extremely happy that you found our hotel most suitable and best of all that you had a good time here at Sol Lanzarote.
Thank you so much for your nice words about our staff. We are always willing to help and recognition of that is our best motivation.
So overall I am very happy to read that you found the hotel excellent, with perfect location, comfortable rooms and helpful staff.
We hope to meet you again here in the next future!

Best wishes and regards,

Hipotels La Geria
Hipotels La Geria
#10 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,494 reviews

Been to Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive? Share your experiences!