The only reason we booked this hotel was the kitchenette in the room, as travelling with little children. And that was also the only reason we stayed and did not change the hotel...
I was a bit worried about this hotel after reading some reviews about cockroaches and mold. And yes - we got them both. The first room had a lot of mold in the bathroom, giving us multiple symptoms like headache, sore throat, cough and nasal congestion. There was also a very strong and stingy smell of some insect repellent, which didn't seem to scare the cockroaches from walking into the room... I think it would have been impossible for an asthmatic person to stay there, even for one night. We were able to change the room the next day though that was not so simple either. There was mold also in the other bathroom, not so much luckily, so we were able to sleep there when we kept the bathroom door closed and the balcony door open. (Despite the horrid mattress in the bed, hard wires/strings pressing your back...) Another health concern at the hotel was the children's pool. There seemed to be something wrong with the cleaning system because one day they just closed it suddenly. The next day, "supposedly in order", it was disgustingly bleary, you couldn't see through the water. We noted the reception about that but we didn't let our 3-year-old into that pool again. As a medical professional I was deeply worried about the hotel's lack of interest in people's, especially children's health and well-being. And there was more, sorry to say. One night there was a sharp piece of glass or plastic in the dessert jelly our 3-year-old was eating. A potential risk for an internal bleeding! The waitress handled it ok, reporting to her superior, but the result then? One glass of white wine for free, hurray! All the other jellies stayed at counter, hopefully there were not harmful pieces in them... The cleanliness in the rooms was also another thing, but can't be bothered to go to details. Will just say that you don't want to let a baby crawling on that floor...
Overall the hotel is not very pleasant either, the pool area is just stuffed, and I mean really stuffed with those sunbeds so that you can't walk between them. If lying in the crowded pool is your idea of a relaxing holiday, go for it! If you are looking for a quality holiday in a nice, relaxing and safe environment, you really should keep on looking. The food at the dinner buffet was the worst I have ever encountered in a resort. Some nice freshly cooked fish though, ended up eating a lot of fish during our stay.. There is also nothing decent cold to drink at the breakfast buffet, the juices from the machine are disgusting with artificial flavours. Even the plain water from that machine tastes awful, people were bringing their own water bottles to breakfast! Coffee was drinkable but somehow strangely diluted, espresso was more like a cappuccino.
The only positive comments I can think of will go to the staff, there were some very nice and friendly people among them, I wish them all the best at their work. If management would take some effort fixing the problems, this might be an ok hotel in the future. But based on our experience it is impossible to recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Set on the oceanfront at Lanzarote's Matagorda Beach, with direct beach access, Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has 3 outdoor swimming pools, gardens, a tennis court and a gym. All air-conditioned accommodation has a balcony, most with ocean views. All rooms at the Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive are bright and functional, with a 39-inch TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer. Some accommodation also offers a microwave, fridge and kettle. The Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has an international buffet restaurant, and a tapas and sushi bar. Drinks are served at the pool bar and lobby bars. An entertainment programme for adults and children over 5 is provided, while the property also includes a kids club and adventure playground. All-inclusive rates include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Puerto del Carmen is only 3 km from the hotel, and Lanzarote Airport is 5 km away. Free public parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Lanzarote Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Aparthotel
- Hotel Sol Lanzarote
- Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive Puerto Del Carmen