“Great holiday..”

Ranked #29 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Kildare, Ireland
“Great holiday..”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just back from a 5 day stay at Sol Lanzarote. I'm not one to write reviews but I just wanted to share my experience. I went with my teenage son, who enjoyed his stay thoroughly. This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in lanzarote. Staff are friendly, rooms are immaculate, food is great, (plenty of variety). Great location, away from the hustle and bustle but plenty of restaurants and shops in the area. Beach is right in front of hotel. Beautiful view. Loved seeing planes taking of and landing. I cannot find one fault with this hotel. Will definitely be back :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank mariamc119
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear mariamc119,

It is so grateful to read a review like yours. This is exactly what I think we are and I am extremely thankful that you shared your point of view with all users on Tripadvisor. I am sure many will find it very useful to decide.
We are already waiting for you on your next holiday!
Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed September 16, 2013

As a couple we travelled on a last minute package. I have stayed in Matagorda & Puerto del Carmen on numerous occasions. The Sol Lanzarote always looked like a fab place to stay. The reception area is a wow when you enter the building and the staff are really professional. The apartment was absolutely spotless and were cleaned every day - towels changed daily and bed-linen was changed once in the week. The arrangement of the apartment is very badly laid out - it is just divided in 2, entering into the kitchen/living area - there is then a sliding door into the bedroom containing 2 beds, and the bedroom leads onto the balcony. Because of this we spent most of our time out of the apartment as there was absolutely no sunlight getting into the living area. It is very well equipped for families and a lot of elderly also stay here, it's just ideal for that type of tourist, but not for me!!!!

1 Thank madger69
Dear madger69,

Thank you first of all for your feedback. Every point of view is important for us.

I am happy to know that you liked our premises and the staff of the hotel as well as our cleaning service. I regret to read that you do not feel this hotel is for you at some point. It is true during summer season the hotel is full of families and we have to adapt having so many children with us. However you may find the hotel just the way you like at any other time of the year.

I really hope you decide to visit us any other time and leave with a much better experience.

Regards,

County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Top class service , food and staff . Defiantly returning next year. Great hotel for kids and relaxing by the pool. Lots of activities to do during the day and night. Directly across from beach (20 feet away) but has a mini beach inside hotel grounds !

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Andy F
Dear Andyfit,

I appreciate hugely your comments about the hotel and especially our staff. Thank you so much!

I am so happy to know that we made it possible for you and your family. Being part of such a great experience is the reason we come every day in full batteries!

We cannot wait to have you all back with us next year!
Best Regards,

dublin
Reviewed September 15, 2013

just returned from a week in sol lanzarote lovely hotel in a prime location next to the beach .it was well maintained and very clean rooms were cleaned daily linen and towels changed also, but apart from the ladies who cleaned the rooms the staff were totally unfriendly I found them to be rude its a pity when everything else was perfect.

Dear trish471,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your experience with all of us.

You cannot imagine how disappointed I felt when I read you review. Our staff is supposed to be our main asset, and I really hope you do not think like this about all staff at the hotel and all came from an isolated issue. I would be very happy if you can give me some more information at calidad.sol.lanzarote@melia.com for our own improvement.

Thank you very much once again and I hope you give us another opportunity to make you feel as most of our guests do. Very Satisfied!

Our kindest regards,

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 13, 2013

WOW, we were walking by the Sol Lanzarote not as guests of the hotel but guests to Lanzarote. We heard a man singing live and heard a lot of applause. So we decided to go and enjoy a few cocktails. We went in and saw an amazing singing show (Sunday Night) and had very nice cocktails (Frozen Cosmo and a Frozen Daquari). The hotel was beautiful and the pool looked amazing. We were very sad that we were not actual guests. We took a tour of the hotel and found it to be beautiful. We will book Sol the next time we visit. Matagorda Beach. Definitely will recommend.

Room Tip: See the Sunday night show. .. he was amazing. !!!!
4 Thank scott v
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear scott v,

I am happy to read your review even though you were not a guest from the hotel.

We have a different show every night and I am sure you will be thrilled with all of them. I completely agree with your first impression of our facilities, the combination of the gardens, the pools and the Matagorda beach create a very enjoyable atmosphere.

We look forward to have you with us as a guest!!

Best wishes,
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just back from an all inclusive one week stay in a junior suite at Sol Lanzarote and I must say we had a fantastic time. Nice and clean aparthotel and staff work very hard, especially the entertainment staff which seem to work around the clock between kidsclub and night shows. they are absolutely fantastic with the children and love their jobs and are worth their weight in gold. They made a huge difference to our stay and our little one says she will miss them the most out of everything when we left.

If I was to accurately rate the hotel for cleanliness I would give it 3 and a half stars. While most areas were meticulous and our suite was cleaned daily, we did find ants in our bedroom and a cockroach on the floor by the food bar in the restaurant, but somethings like that cannot be helped when your in a place like lanzarote I suppose...

We booked a junior suite with views and having read some of the comments here we were fearful of what views exactly
But we were thrilled with our room we had a lovely big veranda looking down onto the gardens and pool areas and to our left we had views of the beach! It was fantastic to sit out and soak up the atmosphere at daytime and nice and romantic at night <3
The gardens are kept very well and the pools are nice and clean, except the pool to your left as your facing the beach got pretty dirty We wondered if there might be something wrong with the filtration system .. but the deep pool and the kids pool were crystal clear.

We went all inclusive which was well worth it for our drinks and ice creams but I have to say the food was a massive letdown.
While they do different varieties in their buffet I have to say it was terrible. It was all either tinned or frozen food and expected so much more for a 4 * hotel. Overall I would give food a measly one and a half stars. It took alot of trial and errors to figure out what we enjoyed which was the fresh fish they cook up. We tried the Turkey skewers they cook on the grill for u too and while they looked cooked on the outside they were completely red raw in the middle.
I would strongly suggest if u are going all inc , either don't bother or make sure u have enough cash to eat out elsewhere and just take ur moneysworth in drinks and ice creams!!!!!

3 stars overall because the food was such a letdown.

But given the few quibbles I have I cannot knock them for anything else and would return again tomorrow!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Brownadette
Dear Brownadette,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Sol Lanzarote Hotel. I am glad to know that you left willing to come back as overall you describe your experience was very positive.

On the other hand I regret that we could not meet your expectations in regards to the food. We make huge efforts in keeping a good balance between quality and price, and you will find variety for all tastes. As you pointed out we always offer fresh food among other choices but in this case I regret to read that it has not been enough.

I am happy to read that you were thrilled with the room and our views, which I completely agree. They are outstanding!

We are already waiting for you to return tomorrow! This is already your second home, located in the amazing island of Lanzarote.

Our kindest regards,
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the last 10 years, often twice a year and have never been disappointed. The location of the hotel suits us down to the ground as all of the local attractions are available on the flat something rarely found on the Canary Islands. Sadly as we have got older our walking ability has diminished and during our visit in July my wife found that she was unable to walk very far. That's when a fairy godmother came to our aid by the name of Jane who runs an excellent service supplying wheelchairs and mobility scooters. There is no delivery charge and the rates are very reasonable. Anyone who has similar problems walking as us I would recommend contacts her at www.mobilityjanelanzarote.com or give her a ring on (0034)606175871 you will not be disappointed. We are returning to the hotel on the 19th Sept and will book a wheelchair for our stay before we go knowing that it Will be delivered the following morning.

Room Tip: Always book a room with a sea view thay are wonderful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank William Robert L
Dear William Robert L,

Thank you very much for writing your thoughts about the hotel. It is great to read that you keep choosing us for your holidays in Lanzarote year after year and on behalf of the whole team I thank you for that. We try to be accessible for all wheelchair users and you can move all around the hotel without obstacles as well as nice ramps going down to the pools.

I completely agree with you room tip, our sea view rooms are worth to book. We have outstanding views to the ocean and the pools.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the next few days.

See you soon!
#8 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Suite Hotel Fariones Playa
Suite Hotel Fariones Playa
#15 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive? Share your experiences!