“Great for young kids under 12”

Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Great for young kids under 12”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for a week in May with my son 16 and my daughter 12. The apartment, pool and reception were spotless. Cant comment on the food we didnt try it. The entertainment at night was very poor and the drink at the bar was very expensive. There was never enough seats to sit in the bar they were always full. The activities around pool were the same everyday, water volley ball, darts the beach volley ball. My son tried these everyday for something to do but there was nothing for my daughter to do. This is a lovely place but if you want somewhere for your kids 12plus to enjoy there are better places than this. Also at 8.30 every morning there was a mad dash for sun beds and this wasnt peak season.

Room Tip: 3312 had lovely views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mary999_12
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear mary999_12,

I would like to thank you very much for the time you have taken to inform us about your last experience in Sol Lanzarote. Your satisfaction is our main priority so I do feel disappointed to know that our animation was not suitable for your +12 kids. We do arrange kid´s entertainment and adult´s entertainment on a daily basis. It is true that middle aged children sometimes could not find themselves represented in any of both options. Thank you very much for sharing this as we will take it as a tool to improve.

In regards to the sunbeds we are now locking them up during the whole night until opening time to avoid “unwanted reserved sunbeds”. I am therefore happy to know that you liked the room, pool area and reception and overall you think is a lovely hotel.

I really hope you enjoyed your stay here in Lanzarote and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Our kindest regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Going back on the 13/6/2013 this will be our 6th stay at the sol.we go every june, cant fault the staff as they try their best, kids club is amazing hotel and surrounding area is stunning lots of eating places and 5euro taxi to puerto del Carmen. Rancho texas is well worth a visit my kids love it.only thing I can't comment on Is all inclusive as I go self catering but do buy some snacks from bar that are really nice. Based on 2 adults And 2 kids.

• Stayed June 2013
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear andrewgardner1976,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and taking the time to share them via Tripadvisor. We will share them with the entire team!
It is great to read from one of our loyal guests. I am very happy to hear you enjoy everytime you visit us at Sol Lanzarote.
Looking forward to welcome you once again.

Our best regards,
Southam, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have just returned from holidaying at the Sol Lanzarote Hotel. I am a permanent Wheelchair user. I booked my Holiday through Enabled Holidays who specialise in Holidays for limited mobility/disabled customers. I was not at all disappointed. The whole experience was without incident. I had read previous reviews on the Sol Lanzarote via trip advisor, and noted all the whinges and moans with regards to food, birds, whistles, etc,etc. But found very little useful information which would help disabled holiday makers. The Hotel itself is very big. There are ramps and slopes to all the areas. "WARNING" some slopes are quite steep especially to the disabled access rooms on the lower level. I am middle aged, and with moderate to good upper body strength. Of the 3 slopes leading up to the accommodation I could only manage 1 by myself. Powered chairs and scooters will have no problem. Our room was very good, plenty of room for a wheelchair. Low level access shower with a wall mounted seat. Adequate wall mounted bars. The toilet also has drop bars. Overall very pleased with the accommodation. The dining area is easily accessed. There is a ramp up to the hot plated area. The Hotel has made a small effort to reserve a couple of tables close to the hotplate for disabled customers, however these are totally abused by able bodied customers either through ignorance, arrogance or attitude. More obvious signage would be a big help. The food was very good with plenty of variety. The bar area is easily accessible as is the pools areas. Outside the Hotel on the sea side strip, it is very flat. A visit o the shops/bars/restaurants is very easy going. Some bars and restaurants do have disabled toilets, a lot don't. Always ask this question before ordering food and drinks. Airport assistance and taxi transfers were excellent. YES I would go back. It was a lovely week. If you are after a quiet peaceful stay, then perhaps this Hotel is not ideal as it is more of a family type theme. Lots of little one running about. I will try and attach some photo's if I can figure out how to do it. Overall a lovely Holiday. Thank you Sol Lanzarote. OH by the way. NO problems booking in, and the Staff were marvellous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Clive G
Dear Clive G,

First of all thank you so much for such a rewardful review. I will be more than happy to share it with the entire team!. We always make big efforts to make our premises and services accesible to all needs so it is great to read comments such as yours.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our location and surroundings, as well as our buffet restaurant and specially our staff!, which is our biggest asset!.
We hope to have you back anytime.

Our kindest regards,
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed in the sol end of april,asked for sea view (but didnt pay the extra supplement!)we got first floor over the entrance overlooking a car park and huge tree blocking entire balcony!v noisy with cars coming and going,its a nice clean hotel probably suitable more for families with children,no real late nites here and early starts in the morn,didnt really suit us!hotel a gud 40 min walk frm resort

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank cath977
Dear cath977,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion of the hotel with all users. I am glad that you liked the hotel even though as you mentioned the entertainment was not suitable to you. I am happy on the other hand that you found the hotel clean and good quiet for relaxation.
Please note for further reference that we will have available very soon our chillout bar-restaurant in the front line which will be available till late night.

Once again thank you very much and hope to have you back again in

Best regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed in April hotel clean beach fab area very quiet hotel only suitable for people with children we were self catering & did not see a menu for anything else checked to see if we could change to all inclusive but price was ridiculous puertp del Carmen is lovely but a taxi ride away rooms v clean& well maintained would not stay again would book a more central location closer to puerto del Carmen

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Byrno222
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Byrno222,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay. I am sorry to hear our location was not up to your expectations as it is one of our strongest assets. It is true that we are not located in the same Puerto Del Carmen but as you mentioned you can get there by taxi for less than 5 euros and just 5 minutes ride. Our hotel is located in Matagorda beach which is quieter and especially beautiful with a wide promenade, and you can find restaurants, supermarkets and bars just 200 meters away.
In addition to that I have to say that we always keep our all inclusive rates in a very competitive level.

Once again thank you very much for your time and looking forward to another opportunity and welcoming you again at Hotel Sol Lanzarote.

Regards,
kinlochleven
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Me and my new husband stayed here for our honeymoon in May 13. We were quickly greeted at the lovely reception area and given cards to what I must say is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in.
Our room was massive clean with stunning views from our centre top floor balcony.
Our sheets were even changed halfway through the week although I had made the beds to save them a bit of work they did it anyway. We did not bring shampoo and had decided to use the stuff in the shower but although says body/ hair there is definitely no lather for hair (but I work in an establishment that does exactly the same thing), a shop with my fav shampoo was easy to find.
The maids however spoke little English so if you require anything is best to go to reception as everybody else in hotel can speak good English so was no bother at all.
Our T.V unfortunately had only news channels in English but can't complain too much as its not like our TVs in Scotland hotels have a selection of Spanish channels..
O.K so lovely hotel but all inclusive food, hmmm. Massive selection, great service and very quick to replenish but food is not the best I have tasted however every breakfast, lunch and dinner we did manage to find something to eat. Very fast to clear plates from your tables, you are never sitting there with dirty plates in front of you, waiters and waitresses are brilliant.
Although do not have children, their activities were regular and looked fantastic! Every night they entertained the children at the bar area also. Not so good for adults but they did so a few adult sketches too such as Abba and Greese. These were done by the every energetic and lovely staff also.
Fantastic location. Lovely sandy beach was cleaned regularly, they have a wee machine that ensures outside the hotel its lovely, where as the beaches outside the neighbouring hotels didn't have this so their beaches were full of stones. So definitely a fantastic choice!
All inclusive we were given free tokens to get towels for the pools, which I have to say in May I wish the adult pools were heated but we spent a lot of time on excursions instead of sitting by the pool everyday anyway. We did join in a wee fun run darts comp and played volleyball with them which was fun.
A short walk down the markets you will find good places to eat and places that run excursions, we used last minute which was fantastic! Recommend submarine, Cesar Manrique tour and south tour!
Was a shame could not find a cider on All Inclusive menu, husband loved the Spanish beer however I did not enjoy their branded vodka or baileys so after I tried out their free cocktails I went on to paying a tiny 2.05 euros for further yummy cocktails. Be sure to have you band on display though so you don't end up paying full price.
Brilliant hair dryer in room, a wee fridge if you take the shelf out is perfect for storing bottles of water and cola ect. Air conditioning switch in room, did not need to pay at reception. Black out curtains if you want a lie in. All you have to do is ask reception for a taxi and is one waiting for you in a minute!! We had two big sliding mirrored door wardrobes so plenty of space.
drinks room service, phone in room, massage, library, laundry, wake up call all available but we didn't use any of them.
Would not go back to Lanzarote as well really did manage to see 3/4 of the island in a week and seen a lot of fantastic sights and done a lot but if we ever did would (taking note we passed a lot of hotels on our travels) we not hesitate for a second booking this hotel again. you really won't be disappointed. And if you decide on half board or just the room is plenty of fantastic places to eat a stones throw away. Hotel does have a wide range of food, is just a bit of trial and error finding the foods you like which is no problem as you can pile your plate as high as you like ;) .
huge balcony even with table and chairs, even has an extendable clothes drier. huge room complete with comfy chairs and table too. Massive bathroom & brilliant shower.

Room Tip: 1411 was our room, was in centre of the balcony's. Loads of room even with two chairs & a ta...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nixf88
Sollanzarote, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear kinlochleven,

We are extremely pleased for the detailed review of the hotel that you have made in regards to your last stay with us at Sol Lanzarote, and I would like to thank you so much on behalf of all the team! I will share your comments with them as this is always our best reward.
We would love to have you back very soon!

Our best regards and appreciation,
Louth Ireland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I travelled to this hotel in April 2013. I also want to point out that I am a wheelchair user. On our second night I woke to find an intruder in our bedroom at 3:30 a.m. I shouted at the intruder who subsequently ran off. I want to make clear to everybody who reads this review that we locked our bedroom door when we came into our bedroom. Immediately we phoned reception and the night porter came to our room and subsequently called the police who also came but left in approximately 5 minutes. The night porter assured us that he would make a very detailed report and let the hotel manager know what had happened to us the next morning and said that the manager would be in at 7 a.m.
At 11 a.m. we still had not heard anything from the manager so we proceeded to go to the front desk where the assistant manager informed me that it must have been her own fault that we were broken into and insinuated that we did not lock the door. I ask her could we speak to the manager of the hotel and the assistant manager informed us that he would not be available until approximately 6 p.m. She also informed us that if we wanted to claim of the hotel as insurance for our monetary loss (€380 and a mobile phone and a hand bag) we would need to go to the police station and make a formal statement. I asked her what she arranged a taxi and pay for the same. I was met with laughter at this suggestion and again the blame was firmly insinuated that the break-in was solely due to our negligence. I became frustrated but this and as guests were arriving to book into the hotel I was warning them that we were broken into the evening before and that the person who broken obviously had to have the key to our room. Amazingly the manager of the hotel who was previously not available to 6 p.m. became available to speak to us.
He was like a politician and said everything that we wanted to hear he also covered the cost of our taxi to and from the police station (3 hours there) , gave us an Internet voucher and allowed us to use the hotel telephone to cancel bankcard’s etc. However this is as far as his generosity and empathy extended.
We did not hear from him from the remainder of the holiday except when I e-mailed him three times he'd give me a very abstract response. On the day we were leaving the hotel I was sitting in the lobby with my suitcases (evidently clear we were leaving to go home) and he walked right by us and never even acknowledged we were there. In fairness to the assistant manager who was very cold and dismissive on the day post the event did come over and acknowledge and empathise at how this burglary negatively affected the remainder of our holiday.
Since we returned home I have e-mailed the hotel's insurance and got a very vague answer saying they reviewed the details and based on that the hotel has no liability whatsoever. I had taken pictures of the locking system on the door which is archaic and insufficient for an outside door to say the least. I also pointed out that there is only one security person on duty at night and that even the assistant manager had acknowledged that one person for this amount of rooms is not enough. However after several e-mails to and from the insurance company I have given up at this stage. I had included the manager in all of this e-mail correspondence and at the end I asked him would he compensate us for our monetary loss even if this was in the form of a voucher for a sister hotel. Again I was met with absolute dismissal and politely told to [--] off essentially.
It was a real eye-opener for me to be treated so cruelly post in a traumatic event like this. Myself and my girlfriend were lying asleep naked on our bed in a four-star hotel and we were made to feel responsible for being broken into. We were severely traumatised by this event and could not wait to return home. Because our bankcards and access to money were stolen we were unable to book flights home. As I'm sure anybody in the same position can imagine, we are hardly slept a wink for the remainder of the week. I explained this in great detail about how we were traumatised by this event more so than the monetary loss. However, when everything is taken into account including, the price of our holiday and valuable holiday time off work the cost is significant.
I want to point out that the handbag that was stolen was not in the safe, however I expected to be safe in my bedroom when the door was locked at night.
I would advise everybody to stay well clear of this hotel because if anything like this happens; you will be treated appallingly by the manager Alejandro Perez, who obviously has no regard for his guests
Patrick in County Louth

#24 of 92 in Puerto Del Carmen
Occidental Lanzarote Mar
Occidental Lanzarote Mar
#16 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive? Share your experiences!