We traveled as a family of 2 adults and 2 kids (aged 8 and 2) for 2 weeks between 27/12/12 - 10/01/13. Overall we all had a really good time at the Sol Lanzarote. When we got to the hotel we were given room 1234, which although very big was not great as the fixtures were a bit worn, the fridge was rusty and the view overlooking the car park was not great. We asked at reception if they had n alternative and they offered room 3204 with no fuss or problems. This room, although a little smaller both inside and on the balcony was much less tired and had a good view over the pools and out to see.
We initially went self-catering as we know the area and enjoy the plentiful bars/restaurants in Matagorda and Puerto Del Carmen. All the appliances worked fine. However we decided to upgrade to half board with 7 days left, really to save some money. Both breakfast and evening meals were fine - usual buffet selections, the bread and pastries at breakfasts were my personal favourite (always fresh) and the kids loved the cereals, beans, sausages. Evening meals had a good selection and we always found something that we enjoyed. Some of the dishes maybe could have been warmer but they were never cold as some have suggested in their review. There was a chef who would cook fresh food, steaks or fish and whilst i enjoyed this it was a little slow and queues would develop.
My 8 year old enjoyed the hotel mini club activities, although we felt there could have been more games (pool, table tennis) organised. My 2 year old was happy in the small pool all day or on the beach (literally 10 meters away over the promenade - watch out for bikes!). The evening entertainment was ok, but most nights we were in the room for 22:00 as both kids were tired out!
The twin beds were comfy, though pillows not so much. My 2 year old had a cot and my 8 year old slept on the sofa bed which was fine for him but i would not be able to sleep on it (thin mattress).
We are looking at going back to the Sol for this coming new year. The location is great and the overall feel of the hotel makes me very comfortable. Yes like many hotels in the canary's it could do with some refurbishment here and there and if you are the type of person who looks for faults so you can be happy moaning you will find some, but if you report a problem the helpful staff will try and sort it for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Set on the oceanfront at Lanzarote's Matagorda Beach, with direct beach access, Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has 3 outdoor swimming pools, gardens, a tennis court and a gym. All air-conditioned accommodation has a balcony, most with ocean views. All rooms at the Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive are bright and functional, with a 39-inch TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer. Some accommodation also offers a microwave, fridge and kettle. The Sol Lanzarote - All Inclusive has an international buffet restaurant, and a tapas and sushi bar. Drinks are served at the pool bar and lobby bars. An entertainment programme for adults and children over 5 is provided, while the property also includes a kids club and adventure playground. All-inclusive rates include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Puerto del Carmen is only 3 km from the hotel, and Lanzarote Airport is 5 km away. Free public parking is available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Lanzarote Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Lanzarote Aparthotel
- Hotel Sol Lanzarote
- Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive Puerto Del Carmen