Overall this is a really nice hotel in a great location, in Puerto del Carmen and located right on the beach. Lanzarote is much calmer, peaceful, and slower than Tenerife and there were times were the beach was almost empty, you could have it all to yourself! Unbelievable.
The main shopping area, shopping mall and port area (for restaurants) is walkable or just a short drive away.
The rooms were lovely and spacious with a well equipped kitchenette (but no microwave). The cleaner even does the washing for you! There is also a 'living room' area with sofas and a large coffee table, as well as a dining table/desk and chairs.
The only thing I didn't like about the rooms were the windows on top of the bed. Even closed, you could hear everyone walking down the corridors past your room every morning. As there is not much of a view I found those windows kind of pointless except for airing out the room. Also I did not like the stairs leading from the entrance into the 'living room' area. The large balcony was lovely. All the rooms have a pool/ocean view which is great.
The hotel is very large and it can be quite a trek from the lift to the rooms. I would have preferred that they converted one set of staircases in the middle into a lift. As we were on the 5th floor it's either a long walk up the stairs or a long walk from certain areas of the hotel to the lift, and then from the lift to our hotel room.
If you notice the 3 huge fish sculptures on the wall on the bottom (1st) floor, they are by the artist César Manrique, whose works are all over the island.
The pool area is really lovely, as is eating breakfast with a pool or beach view. I was not overly impressed with the quality of the food though.
The internet is hit or miss. It seems to work better in the morning, in the evening it's almost unusable even though they claim to have free wifi through the entire hotel. I think that this hotel as well as nearly all hotels in Spain need to get this issue fixed as most people these days place importance on having an internet connection, which can be far more important than having a big tv.
We did not have much dealings with the staff but they were friendly and helpful (except for sorting out internet issues).
A final tip is that you could also have a walk around the Fariones hotel next door, there is a beautiful landscaped garden (with canaries in a huge cage) which looks out onto the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This fantastic 4-star Hotel is right on the beachfront with direct access to the beach. All Suites with a sea view from the balcony or terrace. In the heart of Puerto del Carmen, surrounded by restaurants, shopping area and only a few minutes from the picturesque fishing harbour. This ideal location and excellent accommodation makes us the best choice for a family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Suite Hotel Fariones Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suitehotel Fariones Playa Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Suitehotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Suitehotel Hotel Fariones Playa
- Suite Hotel Fariones Playa Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen