“Could have been better”
Review of La Cascada Puerto

La Cascada Puerto
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nominados por segundo año a mejor asador de Canarias 2016.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went as party of 7 for a birthday. As we were two on our own we asked if they could separate our bill. The computer said NO!!

My wife and I ordered Sushi of the starter menu and got horrid Maki sushi.... My fault for ordering it I Know now.

My wife had mixed meat Kebab which she described as o.k.

I had T. Bone asked for medium and found it a little overdone. But it was o.k.

Staff were friendly ...Enough said.

There are newer reviews for La Cascada Puerto

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us as giving great value. It proved to be the most expensive meal of the week. Value was reasonably good but the standard of cuisine was decidedly mixed. Starters were very good indeed. For mains I ate an excellent Tbone steak, done as ordered. My wife, however, was served 'in the wok'. Let us say it neither tasted nor looked like any course prepared in a wok. Perhaps the lesson is, avoid Chinese recipes in generic restaurants. I think it tries to be all things to all people. But you cannot argue too much with the popularity.
Service was excellent and an example to many others.

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

First night of the holiday, we arrived late at the hotel and this was one of the first restaurants we could find. Looking back it was the 2nd best in all of the restaurants we tried and we were there 10 night's! In the old town most were poor quality, this however was enjoyable. Very busy but still a decent service. Would return!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Beautiful Spanish decor. Ate here on a very busy Coming of the Kings night (5 Jan) and had a great fillet steak meal. Dozens of staff working flat out meant no long waits and with a bottle of wine our bill was under 50 euro.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Mature couple expecting good food, good service and an enjoyable evening in exchange for viable costings. Very disappointed, `fresh` food flavourless and of dubious quality. Unsympathetic Manager appeared to take the stance that as we were tourist, there were plenty more customers to replace us! Table staff, although obviously gaining experience, were as helpful as possible within their power.