“Great Year”
Review of Aquasport Diving

Aquasport Diving
Ranked #2 of 40 Tours in Puerto Del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: situated on the main avenue of puerto del carmen close to the big restaurant American Indian cafe
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Year”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I did my divemaster course in Lanzarote with Aquasport diving when I became of age to become a PADI divemaster and I can honestly say this is the best run dive center in the Canaries, It is clean, professionaly run, the staff are amazing and mick is like a fish who knows where to look for everything in the sea.

The expierience I got there let me continue my life as a PADI professional.I believe it was because of this centre I choose to carry on diving.

The centre has everything you could want with the best facilities and staff.Not to mention that Lanzarote has some of the best diving this side of the world has to offer.Ask Mick to take you to Mala where the rays are and some other mysterious naked creatures.:)

I give this centre 5 stars for safety, fun, good diving, amazing staff, thumbs up

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Steve1252

Ireland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Best dive shop in town!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've just come back from 2 weeks in Lanzarote with my husband, most of which we spent diving with Mick in Aquasport.

We had intended to just do our AOWD course, with a couple of dives afterwards, but ended up booking 13 dives each as we enjoyed the diving so much. Mick knows each dive site inside out, he is a really experienced diver, and is great fun to hang out with as well.

He is also really patient - if you are a nervous diver at all, I would really advise to dive with Mick. His patience, professionalism, advice and confidence will really help you to relax underwater, and make the most of your air. I'm pretty claustrophobic, and tend to have quite a lot of anxiety when descending. Mick gave me some really great breathing technique tips before descending, and advice on how to manage my anxiety underwater. He also advised me to progress only within my limits, so we could try some cave/wreck diving, and if I couldn't do it, no problem.

The first time I tried a cave swim through I bottled it - swam in and turned around and swam right back around again. Mick surfaced with me, and we just swam around the cave instead. I didn't even get in the cave the 2nd time. The 3rd time I attempted it was after diving a 31 meter cavern swim through in the blue hole, and it was fantastic - no anxiety, no problems at all - that's down to confidence instilled in me by Mick over the course of the dives, and is a serious personal achievement for me - so thank you Mick!!

On our last day of diving, Mick brought us to a difficult entry in a quiet dive site, where we had to jump into a strong current, and descend quickly, with quite a surge to contend with. it was just fantastic, really different environment to the dives in PDC, we had a swim into and through a really interesting cave, and even saw a 4 metre atlantic ray!

I can't wait to get back to Lanzarote, and get back in the water with aquasport - if you are going to PDC, and want to try diving, I would really recommend you book with Mick - great prices and great diving with a true dive professional.

1 Thank ciaraandgary
Clonakilty, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AOWD best dive shop in town”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just back from 2 weeks of excellent diving with Mick in Puerto del Carmen.

Mick is full of local knowledge of the best dive spots. If you are an early riser like I am, he will have you at the popular dive spots before everyone else, and you are in the cafe for your surface interval while the crowds are just getting in the water - perfect timing. He even brought us up to Mala in the north of the island for a different type of entry (jetty jump into a strong surge) and a nice shallow dive in the current among the seaweeds.

All the AOWD course materials are very well covered, and clearly explained to you, so that you are in no doubt when in the water. We enjoyed the diving and interaction with Mick so much we booked a further 8 dives each (at a very reasonable price). Had we not been flying out after 2 weeks, we would still be diving with them today!

all in all I cannot recommend Aquasport highly enough, not only are you getting your course and training done, it's with a fun and friendly instructor, who has become our friend over the couple of weeks. We can't wait to get back to PDC to dive with Aquasport again.

1 Thank Gary G
Widnes, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brilliant team”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

3rd time I have dived with mick and his team they are brilliant and don't just take your money they want to make sure you enjoy your dive I will b taking my padi course with then next time I go they are great caring team and not overly priced either so go and try scuba you will love it

1 Thank Lee46_13
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dive centre in Lanzarote”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited Aquasport Diving Centre with my wife and a couple of friends to complete the PADI Open Water Diving Course.As this was my first time underwater in the sea, I was a bit apprehensive. But Mick is an amazing instructor and put us all at ease immediately. The next couple of days were just fantastic as we went on dive after dive.
Mick and Ali are very friendly and met our requests for good local restaurants with the most excellent recommendations. Not only did we have great diving, we had the most amazing food too! We had a fantastic time diving - so much so that I am going to complete my Advanced Open Water Certification in March.

Visited June 2012