“Great seafood and amazing views”

The Sunset Grill restaurant
Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are an A la Carte restaurant on the seafront in the old town of Puerto del carmen. We offer a variety of food to suit any pallette. we open at 10am and close at 12pm. We offer breakfast, lunch, evening meals, and a childrens menu. We strive to have the best overall dining experience including, service, atmosphere, and high quality food. We also cater for, diabetics, coeliacs, and vegetarians.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ate here last week and were impressed with the meal we had. I had the seafood platter which was very good with plenty of different seafood and fish, my girlfriend had the tuna and she was equally impressed.
The views of the sunset were great too as this restaurant is in a great location in the old town of Puerto del Carmen.
We hadn't planned to eat at this restaurant but were teased into it by the guy standing outside, normally I won't listen to these but this one particular guy was funny and could see his tactics were working on a number of customers that evening. I have included a photo of the fish counter which a bit of all of this was included in the seafood platter along with mussels and prawns.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ate there in 2011. Did not bother in 2012 as menu had changed...same as this year. Food average. Staff friendly but could do better...go back to 2011 menu!!!! Great views!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I ate in this restaurant in 2010 and I adored it, didn't make it back last year, but we did in August 2013. I was very disappointed. We paid a good bit of money for a meal for 4, and though the food was okay, I had much nicer food for a lot less money in other places. You are paying for the spectacular view. We were staying in Matagorda and went out here especially for this place, but I don't think I would make the trip especially again. If I was around that neck of the woods, I might eat there, but it was very over priced. The waiter was fantastic though!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Aggressive 'hookers/greeters' who are in cahoots with next door Los Marineros owned by the same person. We nicknamed this greeter Glasgow because of her overpowering accent and attitude. Daily battles between them to get customers in. Free sangria (the hook to get you in) was ok. I had fresh tuna and can honestly say it was amongst the best I have had (and I have eaten it in many countries). My husband and daughter enjoyed their steaks too. However, the aggressive tactics and ' now you're here I will look through you as if you don't exist' attitude would put me off going again. Walk past and go to Bodegon El Sardinero or Beluga.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We got hooked by the waiter on our first day of our holidays. We went for the mixed tapas and almost all of it was breaded oily food. The Spanish omelette looked like it was made days ago, the prawns were dried, etc etc. Rotten. The service started been rude since the moment we sat down, not before of course. They also were very little flexible with the menu. The only positive think is the location but there were other places near that we should have gone instead. Bad choice.

2  Thank Cembellines