“What a great day out - value for money”

Lava Flow Surf Lanzarote
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf with Lavaflow Surf & SUP School. Lavaflow surf have taught people to surf in Lanzarote since 2001. We ensure you will have loads of fun on the way to surfing your first wave. Perfect for a family day out! 1 Day surf course: (11:00-15:00) Transport from your accommodation,equipment,tuition & lunch Visit our website for full details and booking All of our instructors holds ISA surf qualifications and are RLSS Beach lifeguards. Hope to have you surfing with us soon!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked Lava Flow Surf school - to learn a new skill with my easily bored 15 year old son. (Father and son bonding day out)

We were collected 9am from our hotel in Puerto Del Carmen and taken to the beautiful Farma beach resort by our mega friendly instructor Phil.

Once we arrived, we were given training, wet suits and our surf boards.

Throughout the day, Phil continued to gave us all superb training and had the patience of a saint. It's clear to see that he totally loves his surfing and has been teaching people to surf for decades.

Throughout the day Phil was continually looking out for our safety and always on hand to guide you through your mistakes - which on my part were many.

Lunch was provided and once we completed a tremendous days surfing in a truly beautiful part of lanzarote, Phil drove us all back to our hotels by around 4pm.

Both my son and I had an amazing day and were made to feel very welcome.

This action packed day out was both superb value for money and very professionally organised.

Thanks Lava Flow Surf for a great day.

Regards

Father and Son from Glasgow

1  Thank pjj7368

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've never surfed, snow- or skateboarded in my life, but Phil had me riding a wave standing before lunch the very first day! Compared to the other bigger groups being taught alongside us on Famara beach, the Lavaflowsurf-group of max 6 people was much better; our instructor had time to observe each of us individually and give us specific instructions, instead of just shouting at us to come away from to rocks and not to drown. Also great big cudos to my instructor Phil for keeping me going; whenever I was getting tired and discouraged he'd tell me what I'd been doing right and gave me the confidence to get better. If you're a newbie I'd recommend taking a day off after the first one, I was sore to the bone. The following days of my 3-day course (110€) were a breeze though! Great people & great fun, I highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

went on a days surfing me and my 18 year old son, and really enjoyed the day up at famara beach, it was fun and had a great instructor called phil, he was excellent at teaching us and very patient, will do it again when we go back,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had used Lava Flow at the end of 2012 and due to Big Paul enthusiasm and amazing instruction booked yo go again in Feb 2013. We surfed Famara beach which was challenging to say the least. Paul always greets you with a smile and a funny story and whilst surfing keeps you motivated and enthused. When you energy starts to drop and you consider returning to shore he points you back in with a smile and words of encouragement. The days I have spent surfing with Paul have rated as the best times spent on any holiday. Believe me when I say you won't be disappointed. Thanks to Paul I have the surfing bug. Muckle Legend!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went to Lanzarote and went surfing! This was really great! I advise everyone to do this wit lava flow surf school! They take time, take pictures and we actually stand on the board for couple of seconds !