“Exceeded our expectations ����”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Casa Charlana

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Main villa entrance from the road
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Italian first
Any
Jensmith3...
“Exceeded our expectations ����”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

My husband and I are just home from THE most fantastic, relaxing 10 days at Casa Charlana.... There is nothing negative I can possibly say about our stay here the villa is fantastic, relaxing, private and so comfortable.... The area is quiet and peaceful and within 5 mins walk to the restaurants and pubs! I would highly recommend staying here (as I have already) to anyone

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Feb 10, 2015
Soo glad you enjoyed your holiday at Casa Charlana! Lovely to hear you enjoyed the Island too during your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again very soon. Gemma xx
ozzie2011
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“another fabulous stay!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Just returned from another great stay at Casa Charlana. When we walked through the door, it didn't feel like a year since we were last there, it was like coming home! The poolman came 2-3 times a week although he was so quiet you wouldn't have known he was there, no intrusion. Cleaners come regularly to leave fresh towels and change bed linen. Its also in a great location with our favourite restaurant Blairs, just around the corner! Management company will organise a taxi to pick you up and take you back to the airport on your return if you ask them. Great communication from Gemma during booking, Thanks Gemma,we had a great stay.

Sep 3, 2014
Thanks for your lovely review! Soo glad you enjoyed your stay last summer and this summer too! ps... your all booked in for 2015 already!!!
Angela H
Llangollen, United Kingdom
“trees need cutting”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

hi had a lovely 2 weeks once again a lovely villa and lovely owners enjoyed it and am booking again for october x

Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 3, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, glad to have you back again at casa Charlana...ps..trees now trimmed back for your next visit!
KerryFlix
Kerry
“Charming and conveniently located”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 for a stay in November 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks in November and were more than happy with the villa, small but perfectly formed - ideal for a couple .Casa Charlana is very light and airy . It is modern and very tastefully decorated and furnished throughout.

The master bedroom is beautiful, spacious, really light with a nice comfy bed and a small terrace outside ideal for your morning coffee.

The pool is only quite small but that was fine for us and was cleaned 2 or 3 times a week by some very unobtrusive and quiet pool cleaners we neither saw or heard them,.the out door space is not huge but there is plenty of room to sunbathe.

Great location there is a well stocked Spa shop just 5 mins walk away where you can get virtually everything you need. It is about a ten minute walk to the old town or there are some nice restaurants and a couple of bars by the Spa.

The management team were great - The replacement CD player was above and beyond our expectations - the ladies who came to clean were lovely.

The only teensy little gripe would be that the first lot of towels we had were threadbare to the point of holes in one of them.

But that would not put us of we would certainly stay here again and again and again

Jan 7, 2014
Thank you for your honest review, i´m glad you both had a wonderful holiday and we look forward to your next visit! I will speak with the management company as they provide the towels and rectify the situation asap! Thanks again and see you both soon. Gem & John xx
Dublin
Reviewed June 18, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location of the villa, excellent customer service throughout
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Jan 7, 2014
Awww thaks for the lovely review! Were thrilled you had a fantastic holiday at Casa Charlana and we look forward to you staying again in 2014! Gem & John xx
ozzie2011
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Home from home...perfect!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Just returned from an excellent stay at this villa. Clean, modern and comfortable , ...excellent. I would highly recommend (and have done) to friends. We are hoping to return again next year!

Value Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
May 25, 2013
Thanks guys Im really glad you both had a wonderful holiday at casa Charlana. We look forward to having you back again next year..Gemma & John xx
darkmagi
Mayfield, United Kingdom
“2 great weeks in PDC BUT villa pool area needs attention.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

We are just back from another great 2 weeks in Puerto del Carmen, We have holidayed in PDC for the last 10 years at least once or twice a year and nearly always staying in private villa’s, We stayed at this villa for 2 weeks & as much as I hate to say it the holiday was great in spite of the villa not because of it, We booked the villa for 4 people which was myself, my wife, My brother & his wife, When we first arrived on Friday mid day we found that there was only 3 sun beds not 4 which was a bit of an inconvenience but sort able, I called the management company and informed them that we needed another sun bed & was told it would be sorted, Saturday afternoon came & there was still no sun bed so I had to call Gemma as the management company was closed until Monday, Gemma informed me she knew of the problem & she would be round shortly, We got the sun bed by the end of the day so that was ok BUT we found that there was not enough space around the pool to get 4 sun beds in without it being tight, Even when we managed to get the sun beds in there was not a lot of point as the pool area only gets the sun between 14:30 – 17:00 as the trees that cover the pool area stop’s anymore sun getting into the pool area, We resorted to pulling the sun beds out to the driveway just to get some sun before & after the above times, We read the other review on this villa & thought we could at least follow the sun using the 2 patio areas on the second floor but found that even though there was 2 patio area in the upper landing we could not use them as there was only a table with 2 seats outside the main bedroom & only 1 plastic chair & no table on the other patio so the only way we would get any place to sit is to drag the sun beds up the stair & then down when we finished with them which is not my idea of a relaxing holiday, As I already stated we have stayed in lot’s of other villas and mostly in the Los Mojones area and we have never had any problems getting the sun on any of the other villas for the whole day.

If this villa was my own private villa which I had retired too the pool area & the garden would be perfect as I’m sure people who retire to Lanzarote don’t sit in the sun all day BUT no one holidays in Lanzarote to sit in the shade at least I don’t I want to sit in the sun all day without having to drag sun beds back & forward and up & down stairs for 2 weeks.

The villa did grow on us during the 2 weeks and any little niggles we had could be forgiven BUT not the sunbathing situation, The owners need to trim back the trees around the pool so that the pool does get more sun during the day.

Would I go back to Casa Charlana Yes but not until I know the tree’s have been cut back, There is also a lot of wasted space with plants & trees which could be removed & this would make a lot of extra sunbathing space.

As I already stated if this was my own private villa I would leave it as is but this villa is being hired out as a holiday villa & as most people go on holiday in a private villa to sunbath in private, Having to drag sun beds out into the drive is not my idea of a relaxing holiday in a private villa.

In no way am I trying to put anyone of renting this villa as its in a perfect position to get to the old or new town & as I already stated any other little niggles are just that little niggles so if you want a perfectly situated villa & you are happy to move your sun bed to follow the sun then you will have a great holiday.

Liked best: Nothing Stood out about the villa except the position in PDC
Liked least: The Pool area.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Oct 17, 2012
Thank you for your review and your experiences staying at Casa Charlana. We had the gardeners down to trim everything right back so you now have the sun on the pool area all the time with no need to drag the loungers around! for an Island that has had little or almost no rain in almost 18 months the gardens seem to grow very fast! You mentioned little niggles with the villa? I would appreciate it if you could let me know so I can attend to these also.....
Apart from that I´m glad you and your family had a lovely holiday in Los Mojones and we hope to have you stay again soon.
Kind Regards Gemma
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing