“A Restaurant not to be missed when in Puerto Del Carmen”

Restaurante Montmartre
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
York
“A Restaurant not to be missed when in Puerto Del Carmen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended by family who ate there 3 times a week the last time they were in Puerto Del Carmen. It did not disappoint, in fact it exceeded our expectations. They did a set menu which looked good value for money but we opted to choose from the main menu so it was a little more expensive. Our main meals, roast duck with cherry sauce, beef maison & sirloin steak with garlic butter were served with a mixture of fresh vegetables that were cooked to perfection. The decor is great & the service was excellent. The waiters were very friendly & made us feel welcome. Without a doubt this is a restaurant that we will be returning to.

• Visited July 2013

Cape Verde
“Place to practice French”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I visited this restraunt last night with a party of 6 we all went for the 3 course set menu I tried the pâté for starter duck liver was really tasty and the chicken for main meal the staff who were Spanish went out of there way to give it a French feel so kids got to speak there pigeon French made the meal more fun and the staff were very friendly everyone in our party really enjoyed it

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nick W
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A bit of France in Spain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

What a great restaurant. Recommended to us by friends who have been coming here for 20 years and did not disappoint. Authentically french and spotless. Great decor. We had the set menu which was brilliant and good value for money. Good portions, good priced drinks, and great service. Set menu changes each week. Three choices for starter and mains and two choices for dessert if you can eat one after the first two courses. Definitely on our list of eating places when we come to puerto del carmen.

• Visited June 2013
England
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had the fixed price menu, the portions were enormous and if I had known I would have just ordered a starter and puddig. Staff very friendly. Always busy so you may have to book

Visited May 2013
Stoney Stanton Leics
“Nice French food - shame about the service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our experience of this restaurant was not as favourable as some other reviewers, but I have to speak as I find.
It was busy when we went, which is usually a good sign. Our mains came quite quickly and were delicious. My wife had sole and I had pork Normandy.
So the food was authentically French - but so was the service! We had to wait a good 20 minutes before we got the dessert menu, then we only got it because we waylaid a passing waitress. It was another age before anyone asked us for our order, but by then we were past it and just ordered coffee.
I don't know whether it was because I was feeling jaundiced or not, but the expresso that I had tasted a bit fusty.
I guess we were unlucky to catch them on a busy night, but they should have enough staff to cope.
It is a shame that the service let them down, but I cannot recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013