“AVOID AT ALL COSTS”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Had the worst experience in this restraunt. I never write reviews on trip advisor,Infact I never even had an account but I had to sign up for an account just to write a review about this place so other people do not waste money or have the experience we did here. It was hogmany so all restraunts where rather busy, as we where walking along the front a guy came up to us and managed to persuade us to come into the restraunt offering us a table upstairs overlooking the sea.(Worst mistake of our lives was following him in) When we walked upstairs a man was standing at the bar and abruptly asked us why we had to come upstairs when there where no tables. Quickly answered back saying the man outside had told us there where seats, so we got seated at a table which was overlooking the sea and was nice. After 10minutes a waiter came and took our drinks order and gave us some bread. Looking at the over priced menu we decided to have steaks. When the waiter took our order 15 minutes later I ordered mine well done with peppercorn sauce and, yes partner ordered medium also with pepper, We had finished our drinks after 20minutes and nobody came to ask if we wanted another.
When our steaks arrived, there was blood all over my plate which I hate! And they came with what looked like pepper sauce so we poured it on, turns out it was mushroom. I called the waiter over who told me I had ordered my steak this way and with discust he took my plate, He came back with peppercorn sauce for us, (My partner already had his covered in mushroom) when my steak came back it was still covered in blood and covered in mushroom sauce! My partner became very angry and upset as it was spoiling our night and he was planning on proposing to me later that night.(Which he did) I sent my steak back again and it came back the exact same way. My partner had finished his by this time so I asked the waiter to take it away. He did not offer me anything else. He never came back to offer us a drink or if we wanted the bill. 30mins later we decided to get the bill ourselves. Went up to the bar and the person behind it did not speak a word of English, so we waited for someone else which took 15 minutes. He then got our bill and handed it to us to our disgust they had charged us for the bread which we where not told we would be charged for and for my steak! My partner quickly shouted a waiter over, who took the bill out my partners hand a went away, returned 5minutes later and had taken the steak off the bill, We argued with the man whom was so rude! We stated that not once did anyone come and ask if we where ok and if we would like a drink and that we weren't told we would need to pay for bread. He then stomped off and took the bread off the bill! My partner looked up the restaurant on trip advisor(Wish we had before) in front of him (The Manager)to show him the awful reviews his restaurant had and we told him we would definitely be writing one.Whilst arguing with the guy we heard plenty other couples complaining about the food and service!!!!!! NEVER EVER GOING BACK!!!! Have warned friends and family whom are going to lanzarote.

4  Thank kayleigh m

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were very disappointed after our visit to this restaurant, we fancied a seafood place & think we picked the worst by the look of other reviews! We ordered muscles and octopus for starter, & sea-bass & Paella and at the time of ordering they told us the paella would take time so we agreed this was fine as we thought our starters would be quick but 1 hour later we still hadn't even had them! We asked how long they said it was coming....so then the waiter brought out muscles to a table next to us who arrived 30 minutes after us so we said it was unacceptable and we wanted to pay for our drinks and leave but got told it was coming so it arrived about 5/6 of my muscles were closed and weren't safe to eat and the octopus was average! Wasn't worth the wait the main meal came about 10 mins later and the paella was dry and tasteless my partners seabass was nice but all in all we won't be returning & was the most expensive and worst meal of our holiday!

3  Thank stephanie1988
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Nothing about this place makes us want to go back. Service was fair, if rushed and manic. Fillet steak was ok, chicken was over cooked, veg was cold, chips were frozen fries, could have come from mcdonalds. Bread rolls weren't asked for but we were charged for them. Won't be going again, only wish I had read reviews first!

5  Thank sharkey65
Reviewed December 24, 2013

i went to this place after looking at the menu andadoring lamb gave the shoulder a go , my partner had asagna ansd to be honest they both wenot good at all, my amb tasted like it wasdipped in a brine bathj for days and the lasgna was burnt , another couple sat next to us had the lamb abnd he stops me outside to see if i had the same salty meat

there are enough places near the harbour and i think it has a sister place just across the way , where i had a gorgous salad AT LUNCH

WILL NOT BE BACK

3  Thank Hannahsdaddy
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Myself and my wife were drawn in by the open grill BBQ and decor . We were seated very quickly but after that we were basically ignored as it took over 15 minutes before they came over with one menu which we had to share . After looking through it , we noticed half the english section was missing and we called over the waiter . He managed to get us another menu but still didn't ask us for our drinks order so we asked for these at this point. While waiting for our main course we noticed another couple were having trouble with their order and was sent back on 3 occasions . The waiter seems to get very irritated with them so they left . Our service was slow and my fish was undercooked. At no point during the meal were we asked how it was or did we require anything else but they will bring you out un-requested bread rolls which you will be charged for. The service is very poor & slow for this area as I have never had any complaints before and have never written a bad review but I felt it necessary to warn other diners as there are so many good restaurants in Puerto Del Carmen

2  Thank Richie462