“Very Good quality food and something different to the rest in Puerto del carmen”
Review of Teppanyaki Nippon

Teppanyaki Nippon
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sushi speciality phone 928 51 45 07- fax 928820046
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We've been ther a coulpe of days ago and enjoyed real japanese Food of a very high standard specially compared to all the rest of the tourist restaurants in Puerto del Carmen where you mostly get a very poor quality kind of food. It surly cost a little bit more but is well worth it.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The taxi driver wasnt familiar with the other japanese restaurant so suggested this one...everything was so overpriced. I said to the waitress that I wanted a white fish but cooked so she suggested tempura..it arrived and it was only 4 goujons of fish, i waited for a garnish or rice etc but nothing and at 10e I thought was very overpriced! My partner ordered a sushi selection for 25e, it was nice but definitely not worth it since they are situated at a harbour and have good, cheap supply of fish from the markets, my kids ordered breaded chicken breast and chicken fried rice to share, these were from the adult menu priced around 7e each, the rice, which was an adult main course arrived in a tiny bowl as if it was a side order and the breaded chicken was just one fillet, no garnish, no rice, no sauce. I couldnt believe what we got for such an expensive meal. My partner kept apologising to me because he wanted to try sushi but we put it down as experience. My daughters who are 5 and 8 were not full from their 'adult' meal so they started asking for my fish!! I gave it to them because I knew they were still hungry. We left quickly because I was so hungry and I didnt want to spend another cent in this place. I went around the corner to a traditional Spanish restaurant..never before have I ever left a restaurant to go straight to another because I was hungry!! The only plus side, they seated us on the balcony and it had a nice view.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Small restaurant on second floor in the Old town harbor, with great terrace view over the sea.
Calm and polite staff. Food excellent and very high standard prepared by the Japanese cook. Choose a lot of sushi and try the meat or fish he cook right in front of you. Priceless.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

This is a really interesting place, tucked away in the old town we stumbled across this place looking for a competitor restaurant. The anti-climax of not finding the other place was soon eclipised. The surroundings were pleasant and in the words of my mother in law the toilets were spotless. The food was great, l had beef teppanyaki which was simply amazing. This place is well worth a visit, the cost represented great value.

Reviewed January 13, 2011

We thouroughly enjoyed the experience at this japanese restaurant in the middle of the old town. Nicely prepared food and very good service in an ambience of calm and essential decor. Recommended to get out of the usual rush of mainstream restaurants in Puerto del Carmen.