“Great lunch, gorgeous view”
Review of El Sardinero

El Sardinero
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: By The Harbour In Puerto Del Carmen On Lanzarote Mainly Fish Dishes
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We came here for lunch today. Managed to get past all the other restaurants who had quite pushy people outside. We had paella, children had chicken and chips and spaghetti bolognese. Service was excellent and they were great with the children. Had bread and mojo too which was lovely. Beautiful view of the harbour. Nice relaxing meal.

There are newer reviews for El Sardinero

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a fantastic little restaurant in a great setting. The food is delicious and the staff are lovely with a greeter who is not at all pushy unlike most at the surrounding restaurants!!! The food is excellent especially the steaks and the fish. On our second visit we were given a half bottle of wine and our 2 daughters were given desserts on the house. The manager really goes the extra mile to make everything perfect, WELL DONE!!! If it is a windy evening I would suggest taking along something with sleeves as it can be quite breezy but that's the only down side but we're still going back!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you can manage to battle your way past the aggressive bullies at The Sunset grill and Los Marineros ( one with the outside grill) you will find this lovely, understated little corner restaurant. We had calamari, risotto and half a grilled chicken all beautifully cooked and presented. Dessert menu disappointing though. Staff are lovely - especially Mauro (deliciano) the greeter from Santander. Please try this restaurant, it is one of the best in the old port area.

1  Thank Philip G
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant for around 5 years and it was just as lovely as always. On my most recent visit, I had spaghetti bolognese and my friend had the fried squid. Both meals were delicious. The staff are lovely, especially Rachid, who works so hard to make sure everything is perfect.. The only negative is that the harbour area is always quite breezy and their screens and covers don't really shelter you if you're sitting outside. I'd suggest long sleeves or a cardigan if it's a windy evening. It wouldn't stop me from going back there though. I'll definitely be visiting again next time I'm in Lanzarote.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a lovely little restaurant with lovely views of the sea and the harbour. Three of us shared vegetable paella and it was absolutely delicious, really, really tasty. The staff were very friendly and they gave us two rounds of a really tasty strawberry smoothy drink on the house. Not only was it yummy but it made a really nice change from the liqueurs which a lot of the other restaurants give that I always felt bad refusing but are too much alcohol for me.