“Would not recommend it!”

La Casa del Parmigiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I agree with many other reviewers. The service was poor - the staff weren't interested. Possibly because we only ordered a glass of wine each instead of a bottle! The wine was mediocre and the meal was only ok. We asked for another glass of wine which we never got and waited 20 minutes for the bill which had the second glass of wine added. One point in their favour though, we were offered a complimentary drink.
Definitely won't go there again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We ate here whilst on holiday - 2 adults and 2 children.
Very enjoyable meal - nice sangria - and good service.

1  Thank Dave P
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Atmosphere is nice and staff were pleasant. If you are looking for a pre marathon or pre Ironman feed the pasta portions are great.

However, much as I wanted to like it,we found the food was no more than ok - in the main part we found that it was let down by not-so-fresh ingredients - something we found in a number of restaurants on the island. For my main I ordered tagliatelle which was not fully cooked in places. Overall it felt like the dining experience was negatively impacted by how many people they were trying to serve at once (owners: hire some more staff!)

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food here is lovely and following eating here last May decided to re-visit. Well the food is still nice but some of the staff need a lesson in customer service!! On our 2nd visit the place was nearly full but it seemed the only table they had free was by the door (which was open) err no thanks. I spotted that a table of two was in the process of paying their bill and could we have their table? Well they let us have the table but it was oh so much trouble!

Food good.....staff rubbish......give it a whirl you might even find someone who will crack a smile!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

During our recent holiday to Puerto Del Carmen, my mum, whose coeliac, was recommended this italian restaurant by a fellow guest at our apartments. Hidden away from the main centre, where you are hounded by the PR reps of other restaurants, Del Parmigiano turned out to be quite the find. They speciallise in gluten free pasta and breads (as advertised by the stickers in the window) and have an exclusive specialised menu. They are in contact with the Coeliac association of Spain to ensure that the utmost care and attention is taken in creating food that is safe for those who are gluten intolerant (a lot of restaurants will falsely make this claim just to get you through their doors).

I had a delicious seafood spaghetti dish, while my mum enjoyed GF focaccia and spaghetti bolognese. I tasted some of her pasta and, unlike some GF brands from the supermarket, it tasted exactly like the real thing! Our food was delicious, with a choice of brand name liquers after dinner, and very friendly and efficient staff. A bit more expensive than your average PDC restaurant, but considering this was only 12 euros more than the mediocre dinner we'd had the previous night, I'd say it was well worth the money. A great dining experience!

1  Thank Laura H