“fabby”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Cabana

Casa Cabana
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casa Cabana offers a varied menu with plenty of choice of good freshly prepared food to satisfy our broad customer base. Fresh ingredients and home-made desserts, a good vegetarian selection, fresh vegetables and daily specials have made our restaurant one of the most popular in the Old Town of Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote.
“fabby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

food excellent, staff excellent, service and speed excellent. Highly recommended to all. Spoke both english and spanish. Very good.

2 Thank Murray P

Chester, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant & great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

The owner is very welcoming & service excellent. Great menu & would definitely recommend. We sat outside on the terrace both times we visited due to the heat & its only when you venture inside that you realise what a great place it is. Will definitely return.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Nicko24
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Tasty meal, friendly and professional service, nice touch in ladies toilets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Looked on TA and decided to check this place out. It's not one you'd easily stumble across and not on the main drag of the small harbour, up a hill or two, but worth seeking out. We sat in the veranda bit so more outside than in and therefore could not soak up the atmosphere as much. Having said that, it was fairly empty on a weekday evening.

Staff were very friendly and professional and kept coming back to take our orders as one of the party (me) could not make up her mind. I had the sausage skewer as a starter, which was very nice, local mini sausages with a mustard dip. The dip was ok, not very mustard-y but it tasted ok. My husband ordered the liver pate as far as I can remember and liked it.

As a main, I thought I'd go for the steak. When I was asked how I'd like it, I said "not mooing at me, but not a shoe sole either". The waitress smiled and explained the chef was British and would know how to cook it, unlike some locals as they've a different understanding of these terms. When it came it was mildly burnt which was a touch disappointing, but, I hasten to add, tasty. I did not say anything as a) I was hungry and b) once a steak is overdone, there is no going back apart from a brand new one and I didn't want to wait as it's all cooked from fresh. So, only a minor point and a lesson to me. The veg were cooked to perfection and had some crunch to it still and the mash was yummy, too. My husband loved his steak and ale pie so was happy as a pig in the brown stuff. Portions are plentiful and wine (rioja) was velvety and rich.

Toilets had nice touches for the ladies, such as sanitary towels and facial tissues plus hand cream which was lovely.

Overall, a nice treat on holiday. We normally don't tend to "eat British" when abroad but thought to try as strangely, the restaurants with local cuisine seem to rank lower on the scale. We were very happy with what we got, and I wish the owners every success for the future.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Michaela E
“Yummy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited here twice on our holiday and the food is amazing. The steak is great and also the mashed potato was a treat. Great service for toddler too got her own plastic dinner set and mug. Staff very friendly also.

• Visited July 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Very standard for a touristy area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Food was average: chicken and sea bass were fine, yet Cesar salad and chocolate mousse were just ok. Service was nice, but strangely none of the waiters could speak Spanish... Canary Islands is Spain after all!
Our conclusion after 5 days and 10 restaurant visits: one needs to get away from the coast to eat well on this island.

3 Thank Clopes72