“Great Dives - Great Shop”

Manta Diving Lanzarote
Ranked #2 of 38 Tours in Puerto Del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: Manta Diving Lanzarote is a scuba diving centre located in the old town, only 150m from the access point to the best diving on Lanzarote! (holds full authorisation from PESCA) It is an English owned centre, with a team of friendly, fun, safe and professional instructors, who are on hand and ready to cater to your needs. There is a variety of diving available, mainly shore based - with a couple of sites needing a boat, which is available on demand! For the beginners we have the perfect location for try dives, we also run courses from PADI Scuba Diver all the way up to Divemaster, we have a fantastic range of dive sites for all qualified divers.
Newcastle, UK
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“Great Dives - Great Shop”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in Arricefe (about 6 or 7 miles from the dive shop) but it was no problems organising a pick up from the superbly professional guys at Manta Diving.

Good quality rental gear and decent storage options for your own gear. Choice of tank sizes too.

Puerto Del Carmen offers some excellent dive sites all within easy reach of the harbour.
Mostly shore dives. Getting to the sites generally consist of a wet-suited walk downhill to the harbour wall or rocky beaches. Your heavy kit being transported down in their bus.
Kit up and down the steps or to the beach and you're in the water.
The shop uses a small RIB for short rides out to sites which require a boat entry.

Knowledge of the area was second to none and all pre-dive briefings were carried out professionally.
Lots of good diving at 15-30m range, Nitrox wasn't advertised although if you're in an air breathing group then its a waste of time anyway.

For me, 1 dive named "The Cathederal" was spectacular - would love to do this on a morning dive before other divers get into the cave. The bubble garden on exit is simply awesome.

Plenty of little restaurants nearby for your lunchtime surface intervals, and plenty of bars for your post dive chats.

The quality of the diving in Lanzarote surprised me and I was very glad to have chosen Manta Diving to introduce me to it.

Very much recommended by me - keep up the great work Ben, Rachel and Ollie.

Visited December 2013
Rachel P, Owner at Manta Diving Lanzarote, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you reviewing your experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your entire time diving with us! The Cathedral is one of our favourite dive sites too - the bubble garden is beautiful! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Lanzarote!

• Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Rachel and Ben are a lovely combination of professional and friendly. We felt safe and cared for during our course. They dealt well with nervous beginners. Recommended for learning.

Visited November 2013
Rachel P, Owner at Manta Diving Lanzarote, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you found us to be safe, professional and friendly! Good luck continuing your dive education and we look forward to seeing you again one day!
Chester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“No need to go on a "Safari" to find Manta Diving”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just come back from a week in Lanzarote where I indulged in a spot of diving with Manta Diving. First of all I would like to thank Rachel, Ben, Ollie, Joe "The Stoke City Fan" and Dave for their hospitality. I was made to feel very welcome the minute I walked through the door. These guys run a professional and very friendly dive centre and nothing is a problem whatsoever, all of the team have great knowledge of all the dive sites in the area. Well done team MANTA. Hoping for a return in Feb 2014 where I will definitely be returning to see these guys again.

PS. Hope you haven't opened that selection box yet Rachel!!!!!

Visited November 2013
Thank you for leaving us a review. We had a some great dives with you and glad you enjoyed the whole experience. We look forward to seeing you again in February. You will be pleased to know that the selection box survived until Christmas!!!
Stevenage, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great Dive Centre”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Thanks to Ben, Ben, Rachel, Joe, Ollie & Dave who made my week of diving a great one to remember.
Everyone was brilliant and we had a load of laughs during the week. Would definitely go back for more and perhaps next time GoPro might have ironed out all of their glitches and the Hero 3 Black edition might actually work and I'll get some good footage of angel sharks!!!

So if your a first timer or experienced diver then you should definitely go say hi to these guys and go for a dive with them. They're fun, make you feel welcome and definitely know the area very well.

Thanks again guys.

Visited November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are pleased that you had a fun filled week with us and look forward to seeing you again soon to catch some more footage of the angel sharks!
Sunderland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly, fun, fishy.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just completed a week of diving here. I can honestly say I had an amazing time diving with Ben, Rachel and Ollie from this centre. All the staff here are friendly, welcoming, approachable, informative, accommodating and fun. Great knowledge of dive sites and running the dives from start to finish. This was my first diving holiday abroad but to be honest I think it's going to be the one to beat. If in Lanzarote check them out without hesitation I for one will definitely be returning. Thanks for an amazing experience and I wish you all the best in the future.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that your first diving holiday abroad was amazing and has set the bar for future ones! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Lanzarote.