“Twice dissapointed”
Review of El Cangrejo Rojo

El Cangrejo Rojo
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Have just returned from holiday and was tempted to try this restaurant again. Last visit food was poor. The head waiter promised the best of food and service due to our previous experience.
I had the fillet steak and my wife the lamb. Both dishes were terrible. The lamb shoulder was dry and tough and the steak raw and and also tough.I think this restaurant relies too much on the microwave oven and re-heats are the norm. I will not return here .

There are newer reviews for El Cangrejo Rojo

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice location but didnt like the tank with live Lobsters waiting to be picked out for the pot :-( . The choice of veggie meals for my partner was extemely poor and my Sole was average. Will not return the next time we visit Del Carmen.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Had one of the best meals of our holiday here. From the moment we arrived the whole experience was lovely. The staff were so welcoming and funny. The setting is stunning. As for the food.. Totally delicious. We had the tapas and d best I've ever tasted. I would highly recommend spending a delightful evening here.

1  Thank Jennie B
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I had a 3 course meal at this restaurant with my girlfriend. Both of us agreed that the service was good throughout the meal.
There was good choice on the menu and over all it was reasonably priced.

The view was great. This place has easily the best view around the harbour.

All the food was very well cooked and had lots of flavour!

Definitely will return.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We ate here twice on our recent visit to Lanzarote. We were made welcome straight away when we arrived and showed to a seat out on the terrace. On both occasions we had Fillet Steak with pepper sauce, veg and saute potatoes. Steak is made to your liking. Well worth a visit at least once on your visit to the island. Service is also very good.

3  Thank Dayo C