“Fantastic location & ambience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Cangrejo Rojo

El Cangrejo Rojo
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location & ambience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place is wonderful situated in first floor premises with extensive floor space inside then opening out onto a fairly big balcony with views all over the bay. There were only two restaurants we made a second visit to during our 11 day break and this one of them.

On the first occasion we followed a party of 12 in and expected service to be a bit slow as there were already a good number of folk eating when we arrived. However the service was brisk, attentive and we had no problem getting on with a glass of wine, whilst choosing from the menu to eat. I opted for Spaghetti Carbonara (plenty), whilst my other half opted for Chicken Cordon Bleu, which is the best I've ever tasted and was so flavoursome - definitely made from scratch! The house red was good quality and priced at 11.90 Euros.

Our second visit was on the last night of the holiday and again the service was outstanding and the food superb. We opted for Chateaubriand which was accompanied by a mix of roast & Canarian potatoes with sauces. The meat was cooked to perfection and was succulent. I've already given a review of a similar meal we'd had in an establishment, which just happens to be below El Cangrejo Rojo & this eaterie is far superior in my opinion! I look forward to a return visit on my next holiday in Puerto Del Carmen.

1 Thank boyblue69

Bournemouth
“Mixed grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband rated this his best meal of our holiday - Mixed grill was good size and meat cooked perfectly, espcailly the duck. I had the fish stuffed with salmon and vegetables, but salmon was missing!! I didn't complain as it was still nice, even though I'd paid for salmon. Having said that the meal and service was good. To many vodka's in the best next door meant we only had a glass instead of bottle of wine!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JacquiBournemouth
Kildare, Ireland
“A total let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Ate here recently and was really disappointed with the overall experience, Service was really slow with nobody checking on you during the meal. This was made worse when about half way through our dinner a group of about 40 locals arrived for a special occasion, They were so loud and the staff were completely consumed with them meaning we struggled to get attention when needed. I ordered a cheese platter for starters and specifically asked was there goats cheese on it as I do not eat this, to which I was told no, when it came out there was just goats cheese and mozzarella cut into triangles- hardly a platter of cheese!! I ordered steak for main and asked for it well done, when I cut into the steak the blood literally poured out and covered the whole plate, I sent this back once and when it was returned to me it was covered it pepper sauce (same steak) and still totally raw in the centre, I could not catch the waiters attention so did not bother to send back this time, when he eventually collected it he smiled sympathetically and just said ' You no like' ??!!! Decided to order desert to redeem the meal but this was also awful! I got profiteroles which were most definitely not your run of the mill profiteroles, (other half is a baker and was appalled!!) They were basically shortbread cut in half, ice cream in the centre- not cream- with chocolate on top, didn't eat any of it. Explained to the waiter when he returned and he just looked at us confused!! Got the bill and left. After reading the other reviews I was surprised at our bad experience. Maybe it was just an off night but for the prices they charge I would expect the service to be much better.Would never eat here again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
West London
“Great view, food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I went on our last night and could not be more pleased. We had already eaten next to the Habour which was fine, but the view from here was better than anywhere else. They also had a see through polythene sheet the other side to stop the wind (so much warmer but still outside). We pretty much ignored the man beckoning us in, looked at the menu and decided this was the one. What agreat choice we made, food very Spanish mainly, excellent service, very clean toilets definitely 9 out of 10 there. Loved it and reccommend it to others.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank WestLondonMrBaxter
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very Good Seafood & views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very much enjoyed eating here on 2 occasions out of our 1 week stay. Absolutely lovely location and nice staff. The scallops with sesame and soy to start were what we returned for - amazing.

• Visited April 2013