“sapporo resturant”
Review of Sapporo

Sapporo
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Limerick, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sapporo resturant”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the best Japenese resturant I have ever ate in, I cannot recommend it enough. The staff are friendly and the cost is very reasonable.

• Visited March 2013

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Very good value”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Me wife and I ate there twice the first time we had the set menu which was excellent in particular I enjoyed the Sea Bass and my wife the flaming desert. Nice bottle of house wine which is free with the menu went down well.

Our second visit was a bit of a let down, the food seemed a bit greasy but overall still reasonable. Although the coffee tasted stale.

Service was much better on our first visit even though it was quieter on our return.

• Visited February 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Really enjoyable meal here. Food was very tasty and really good value. Staff were friendly and helpful. The teppenyaki was delicious and impressive to watch it being cooked in the restaurant by the chef with his funky japanese headband on. For desert we had the pancake thing wrapped around some ice cream and then it was set alight with some alcohol!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bfarrell
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A unique experience”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My first visit to a teppanyaki, and I mistakenly thought that all their food was sushi. But Japanese places do meat and fish that's up there with the best.

The staff are really friendly, and are on hand to explain every single bit of food on the menu.

I ordered the set menu A, with this I got a miso soup, teppanyaki beef, lamb, and rice. You also get a pretty good bottle of house wine thrown in, as well as some cucumber type sushi snacks to try while you are waiting. For the whole of this is cost me 15.5 Euro (£13). My wife has been to the one in Manchester and she reckons you'd be looking at £50-£60 for the same meal/drinks over here. Fantastic value.

The other half did actually order a sushi starter, I nervously tried it and it was lovely. She had the king prawns for her main and there must have been 10 huge one's that were cooked. All this for 11 Euro!

What makes this place different is the show cooking in front of you, basically it's a huge rectangle table and the chef is in the middle. All the customers are encouraged to put on the kimono's from the back of the chair, it creates a fun filled evening.

The ice cream cooked in pancakes (on fire) is fantastic as well.

We stayed in the new town but got a taxi to here (6 Euro) and we will be back in January.

• Visited January 2013
cheshire
“This must have been our 25 th visit!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at the Old Harbour in Puerto Del Carmen, but we love this place so much that we caught the bus twice to Matagorda to visit again.
We always have the set menu which includes a bottle of wine. The food is amazing and such good value. We had miso soup, sea-bass & steak with fried rice followed by burning ice-cream (pancake) They have an excellent menu. Do visit- you are sure to enjoy.

• Visited December 2012