“Lovely Stay”

Las Lilas Apartments
Eire
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Had a lovely stay at these apartments! None of our group had any compliants at all. Excellent location in ''Newtown'' Puerto del Carmen. Large Spar shop just 50m from apartments. Less than 3mins will get you onto the Strip & beach. Its a good 20/30mins stroll up to the oldtown but plenty to see on the way up so its a nice stroll.
Studios were well equiped- kettle & toaster etc.
Beds were comfy & studios were clean. Cleaning lady came by everyday to clean and towels were replaced once or twice in the week. Beverly was really lovely and swapped my studio as I found my studio to be very very hot at night but she swapped no problem which I greatly appreciated. These are not air conditioned and although a fan was provided (you must pre-book one if you want one) I found the studios very hot at night unless you want to sleep with windows open & risk mossies!
Pool is small and not deep but all our group thought this was great as apart from myself they're not very confident swimmers & they felt they could get in on the lilo or just have a splash in comfort!
This is a small enough complex and as far as we could make out alot of the studio/apts were privately owned. This meant it was mostly nice and quiet day & night & also around the pool area. Finally we all loved the fact that the complex had a coded gate which only the residents got the code for so it was safe day & night! Overall we all liked this complex and its location and we would all go back there again- we all felt they were good value for money!
Just 1 or 2 suggestions however and that would be:
1) Invest in some more fans I asked for an extra one which I would gladly have paid for however I was told they only 7 fans for the whole complex & they were all on loan!
2) In my first apartment the pillows were really really hard but thankfully in my second apartment after I swapped there was 1 softish one in the wardrope as a spare so I would suggest investing in some new pillows aswell.
As I said these are only suggestions!

Room Tip: Some fabulous restaurants around the resort but our favourite ones were: Cafe La Ola (which is jus...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank happiest-on-hols

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
cork
Reviewed June 13, 2011

booked the trip with topflight.ie. you know how it is yu want a break and the quicked the better. well this trip was really good. early afternoon flight from cork and the plane only half full. got to las lilas at tea time and were in our room, room 8 by the way in minutes. bev was on hand and made everything easy with door key and safe deposit box key on hand. the week flew by the place was busy but the location was great with the beach and bars minutes away.the food was good try the toby jug for the sunday roast 4.99 ... and you can get a int for 2euro happy days. The beach is close by but make sure to purchase water you will get through 25 litres in a week the hypo market best value at 99 cent for 5 litres. food and eating out is cheap. went to the market in playa blanca go by bus and for 2 you have change out of a ten euro.go with the tour guide you will get ripped off. bus from shopping centre will take you there in 50 mins chechtimes of departure. if you like walking head to the airport from porto and go via margoda and if you are not too weary head to plays de honda well woth a couple of hours and watch the planes come and go .overall great trip just went too fast for bev at las lilis 11 out of 10!!!! vincent o keeffe cork city ,ireland.

Room Tip: seach online or ring bev
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank mido3737
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Bev the manageress was great,any problems she will sort out,given a free bottle of wine for our 50th birthday[nice touch]the location from strip is only 2 minutes away,and it is on a flat area of new town/old town.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johnotoole_03
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2011

having just retuned from these apartments you have to read this, my partner and i stayed at these apartmentsand from the moment we arrived nothing was to much trouble for bev the manageress.i .traveled to lanzarote with my patner who was taken ill three days into our one week stay.i had to call on the services of bev who by the way is not a travel rep she responded in a polite manner and through her great spanish called for an ambulance to take my partner to the main hospital ,were she received great attention.(DONT FORGETYOUR E11 CARD)bev was always at the end of the phone to help in anyway she could,when i was trying to find out what was happening with my partner bev called on the assistance of her daughter jade to try her spanish out which by the way is superb,bev took me to the hospital with her daughter and i was able to find out some information.my partner was released from the hospital but then reammited bev once again sprung into action helping in any way she could.my partner had to retur back to liverpool by air ambulance and is now in hospital very poorly.bev has kept in touch by phone and internetand i am very greatful to her.if you choose these apartments you can be assured you will be looked after.super location clean well maintained and secure.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mickcaron
Middlesex
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I have just returned from a two week stay in Las Lilas apartments in Puerto del Carmen. It is my fourth stay at these apartments and I cannot fault them at all. They score top points for cleanliness, the location of these apartments are fantastic. The manageress is a very lovely lady, nothing is to much trouble which is a great help for solo travelers and couples alike. I cannot praise these apartments highly enough and as for price, well they are very competative, in fact they had an offer on this February and were the cheapest on the island. I would never bother to look for anywhere else. Fantastic.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank BonnieMiddlesex
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2010

The Apartamentos las Lilas is a 15minute 14Euro taxi ride away from the main airport, if in a group dont bother with buses as taxis very cheap to get to Puerto del Carmen. Once at las Lilas we checked ourselves in as owner Bev wasnt there, but left us clear instructions with room numbers and door code etc. Small block of two story flats over looking a small pool. Our rooms were two twin rooms with small twin beds and a bathroom. Very clean on day one, in fact cleaning lady had just mopped our floor.

Good points - Very handy for beach and main strip, quiet location, friendly owner, appartment just the right size for two people, area very safe. Inexpensive.

Not so good points - beds, ok if your 4foot as very short! Feet stuck out the bottom every night. Worst though is the plastic / rubber covering of the matteress for the bed wetter out there! Most uncomfortable and sweaty. Towels not changed for the four days we were there. Minging come the last day, despite being hung out to dry every day and sprayed with fabris fabric conditioner!

If your looking for a cheap, no frills appartment this is ideal. Just remember how much you've paid and that will put it into perspective. Dont stop here for a romantic week away, but ideal for lads couple of days away.

Locals advise you not to drink the water, local Spar shop opposite sells the lots. Also car hire opposite does cars for 30euors a day, which we hired to go up into the mountians for a day. Excellent value for 3 of us.

Food - Be extremely cautious where you eat. My friend and I out of my group of four got food poisoning from a Texmex restaurant on the front and were ill, bed bound for 24 hours. Many restaurants on the front have the chillers out on the street front with chicken etc in all day in the sun. Avoid these restaurants at all costs. Food poisoning not pleasant at all. Even worst was the denial of any previous complaints from the Texmex staff the following day when we were fit enough to get out of bed, with them saying "we sells loads of kebabs every day no one has every complained or had food poisoning before......" Yeah right!!
If only Spain / Lanzarote had a Food Standards Agaency that you could report such matters too.....

Lastly when walking down the main strip you'll get hassle from many people wanting your business in their bars and clubs. Just be polite and keep walking. There are many bars pubs and clubs to meet all tastes so you choose where you wanna go.

Would I return to Las Lilas no, would choose somewhere a bit more up market. Would I return to Lanzarote yes but not to Puerto del Carmen as many other beautiful resorts not full of drunk teenagers.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank njd47559
midlands
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Me and my partner took our 2 year old daughter over xmas and new year for 10 nights. Very quiet hotel with no entertainment or poolside bar. Reception is just a small office. Beverly who owns/works at the hotel works 9am-1pm and 3pm-6pm I went over to the spa just over the road at 10am one day and she wasnt there. The pool is very small and very cold and wasnt cleaned once when we were there. The water pressure is rubbish and you hardly get any hot water...not good!! when we complained about this beverley said no-one else had complained about it! and sent "not a word of English" Pedro up to have a look which was a waste of time. We also complained about the towels as they smelt damp...again "no one else had complained about this" i was then told i was only supposed to have my towels changed once a week and that i had had them changed too many times!? We werent given enough towels really as there were 3 of us and cutlery,bowls etc was on a low too. Our window in the bathroom didnt shut properly. As we had our 2 year old and her pushchair, there arent any ramps so we had to carry the pushchair up two lots of stairs, one into the complex and the other to our room as we were on 2nd floor. So definately not wheelchair friendly! The one good thing about our room was that we had a large balcony, enough room for our daughter to play and for us to sunbathe as the pool and surrounding area is tiny, and there are about 7 sun loungers. The location is good though, 5 minute walk down to the main strip where there are many shops and restaurants and the staff are very friendly down there!! we found the Spa over the road from Las Lilas to be very cheap and convenient. Make sure you get the entry code before you stay here as you will need it to get into the complex if beverley is not there.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family