“Nice ambience”

Bozena's Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, Polish, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bozenas restaurant established since 2003. Previously known as Casa Bodecos with a stunning ambience and homely atmosphere offers you tasty international cuisine, combining Polish and Irish influences.We also pride ourselves in a great selection of vegetarian options and delicious home made desserts.Babies are welcome for a cuddle..
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We enjoyed our dinner here. The setting is good, has a nice feel to it. I had a lovely lamb dish called a Baronek (I think) and my partner had the duck which was slightly tough. Dessert was good, I had the 'Bozenas surprise' and she had the apple pie which was great. Service was good too. It gets busy so it's worth booking.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Irish/Polish? Yes, I was intrigued. Visited here a couple of years ago and got great aervice from the ownders. So went back and had an evening meal. Luckily I went early, as it was packed out by 8pm.

I had a vegetarian pancake thing, in a cream brandy sauce, which was really good.

The lady in charge is great, very competent, and the other staff seemed efficient and relaxed.

Costs are typical for a restaurant (ten-fifteen euros for a main course), and it's a good place to wander to, as part of the old town.

I can see why they've been successful for eleven years.

1  Thank spiralx
Reviewed March 18, 2014

What a fantastic atmosphere, best ever, Jan and I had dinner there last night and had a fantastic time, the food is hearty, portions are vast, brilliant quality and only here for a week but booked Friday as well our last night, okay you need to book and don't come here if your in a rush, if you want good food, service and the best atmosphere, just book this restaurant, you'll love it, trust me.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had dinner here three times. The first 2 times no problem. But the third night I booked for 7.30.
we got a table beside the bar ordered main courses and wine. About 7.50 we got our meal and about 8.10 my wife had finished and the waitress came to take her plate, she also took mine even though I had not quite finished but no problem this happens. A party of 6 arrives and 4 are seated beside us and the other 2 are waiting for our table. Within 10 seconds of the plates being cleared the bill lands on our table. No offer of desert menu. The party are looking at us to move so they can sit. We still had a half bottle of wine left which I tried to drink but the vibes were so bad we had to leave at 8.20. When I got home I emailed to complain but got no reply. this was all about management wanting the table quickly. Will I go back, no chance.

7  Thank Macromali
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Brilliant mix of Irish and Polish cuisine in this ancient setting.
Best to pre book as this is a well kept secret known to locals and regulars only.
Food and service is unbeatable and a welcoming pre and post meal bar is on hand.
Another MUsT for your visit to the harbour in the old town of PDC. YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED