All reviewsshopping centregold coastcoolangatta airportreception hourscurrumbin rslsized fridgesurfers paradisegames roomserviced dailya great place to staybus stopvinesaccommodationthemeparksbwsspruce
Reviewed May 25, 2018

We booked in here for two weeks, as we were attending a family wedding. Needless to say there were also others in our family staying. Our room was comfortable and all the necessary amenities. We stayed upstairs overlooking the lake. The room was clean but the decor could be due for a wee spruce up. A process that was happening in some other rooms. The rooms on the bottom floor where the other family stayed were quite stunning.The staff were friendly and obliging. The Bay of Palms is close by the Pines Shopping Centre and the Elenora Library. Close to Palm Beach, and Currumbin and Coolangatta airport.
We had a lovely, relaxing time and the value for money is great.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise S
Reviewed May 23, 2018

What an awesome place to stay. It is quiet, comfortable and so clean and so close to the shops.
We just loved our room visitors of black swans, they were so friendly
Great value for money and I would not hesitate to book here next time I visit Gold Coast

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank April M
Michelon, Front Office Manager at Bay of Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Thank you, April, for your lovely review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at beautiful Bay of Palms Resort, and of course, our regular visitors, the gorgeous black swans! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2018

The staff were friendly and helpful. Location was good having The Pines Shopping Mall within walking distance and being right on the lake is scenic but unfortunately that's about all the positive I can say about this accommodation. The price was cheap but you get what you pay for. The linen was clean and the unit was tidy but the beds were terrible with springs poking you as you lay there and very lumpy. Most uncomfortable old mattresses. I got up in the middle of the night my first night there to use the bathroom and to my midnight shock I saw multiple cockroaches in the bathroom which was in need of a total gut job. Under normal circumstances I would have checked out the next day but I had business in the area and chose this place for it's convenient location for my work. Thankfully I got my business done in 2 days and checked out 3 days early. I used the full sized fridge to store water bottles for my drinking only. I did not use the kitchen for any purose at all after seeing the cockroaches. Don't expect any refunds for early departures. Rooms are not serviced daily. Linen and beds are only changed once a week. There is a communaI laundry with coin operated machines that you can use if you want to wash. I used to live in this area and this property has not been cared for or maintained very well in the many years it's been here. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone until it's been completely renovated.

Room Tip: These beds are the most uncomfortable beds I've ever tried to sleep in. Worn out springs and extremely lumpy. Choose another establishment.
Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2018

We booked a 1 bedroom and it was nice, clean and comfortable and enough for my son and I over the Aust Day long weekend. For the price we paid, it was great value for money and had everything we needed since we only used the room for breakfast and at night after the theme parks. There were fans & air-con and furniture was basic but good. Small kitchen with full size fridge, microwave, utensils etc and bathroom was basic. Towels and two soap were provided. Bring your own toiletries.
Requested a nice quiet room facing the lake and request was met. The resort had a nice pool, laundry and small games room. Free parking under carport was great. Staff were friendly.
Location was 20mins from Surfers Paradise main area but that made it quiet, 7 mins from airport. Best thing was it was located next to The Pines shopping centre, which was big (not Pacific Fair big) with lots of shops like Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, Kmart, McDonalds, KFC and more.
It's better & cheaper than some motel prices in Burleigh Heads, Miami etc.
Furniture and resort is a bit old and dated and would look much better with an upgrade and renovation but then prices would also double. So don't expect 5 star facilities since you're not paying 5 star prices. Basic but good!

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for lake view away from the pool & reception area.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Our stay here was amazing. The room We had was modern, clean, large with a kitchenette and amazing view over a small bay. We even tried a bit of fishing out side our room. I could not fault anything. I wish we had stayed longer. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay are updated and beautiful. Second level offers a great view and sunset.
Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple