“Great place to get away from the city!”

Virgin Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Laiya
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Virgin Beach Resort is a full service, worry free and reasonably priced resort that can allow visitors to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Metro Manila. It's worry free, hassle free service and you can just show up at the resort with your bathing suit, sunblock and wallet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Rocio-An

Reviewed October 15, 2013

When we visited this resort luckily it was only few who checked-in that week, so we really enjoyed our stay for an exclusive family trip.. The food is really good matched with a very polite waiter who attends to all our needs and wants during our stay, our dinner was set up beside the shore under the sparkling limelights creating that romantic dinner atmosphere, the food served was really flavorful! My kids did enjoy it and the sand! Oooops this Bamboo cabana makes the best of our stay escaping the metro life, its like going back from the freshness and natural beauty of life, just simple but totally perfect for those seeking for relaxation and family bonding. We planned to go back there but unfortunately the agent who accompanied me is too lazy to respond to my inquiries and sya pa ang naiinis??? So we changed our plan and search for something new..

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Iynah
virginbeachresort, Manager at Virgin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Good morning Miss Lynah! Thank you for sharing your review of Virgin Beach Resort.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the service and our concept of
keeping our surroundings as natural as possible.

I am concerned though, about the agent that accompanied you to the resort, I would
appreciate if you could clarify if this is a third party agent or one of VBR's reservations staff.
Our guests are very important to us and we always strive to improve our customer relations and I would like to address the concern accordingly. If this is not too much to ask, you may e-mail me at virginbeachresort.cs@gmail.com.

Thank you very much, I hope to hear from you soon.

Ging Campos

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Date of Stay: July 19-21, 2013
Room Type: Casitas
No. of Casitas: Two (2)

Likes:
-Biggest beachfront I've been to in Batangas.
-Good meal package (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and ala carte menu).
-Clean resort including rooms.
-Friendly and helpful staff.

Dislikes:
-No TV inside all casitas & cabanas.
-The A/C can get too cold or too hot.
-From Makati, we only saw 1 signage w/c was 22km away from the resort. We got lost several times on the way.
-Restaurant closes at 9PM.
-Requested for a jetski but never got back on us.
-The bathroom has a weird rustic smell.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Empress1866
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for just a day and my experience was just good. The resort have nice and well maintained huts, very spacious parking, clean and good-looking shower/restrooms and friendly staffs. Food, some were good, some were not. It's up to your preferences.

Beach itself is just ok, though we saw a dead cat floating around which was totally disgusting. They cleaned it right away but the feeling of swimming with dead animals was turn off.

Beach volleyball courts are ready too.

Overall, experience was average.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank aleksdshooter
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The beach was great but I'd go somewhere else to support a better hotel/resort.

My sister had her wedding here. I wish I had stayed elsewhere. There was no phone, wifi, or fridge at our room. For $200 a night, I didn't expect to be charged for a bucket of ice. And apparently they kept bugging my sister about the number of towels since her guests were moving around different rooms. There is just so little amenities to justify that kind of price. What they did to my aunt was bordering scam when first they booked her a parasol, just a shaded bamboo bed on the beach. Then the day of, they told her that it was fully booked but apparently one was available for double the amount!

The food was good, but expensive.

Again, no phone so you if you need something you have to get out and walk all the way to the office or if you're lucky happen you might see a rare staff member walking around. Another place we stayed at that didn't have in rooms phones offered to receive texts so we wouldn't have to go wandering around looking for staff.

Oh, and in our room, there was a mewling kitten which we were fine with but our 2 year old was scared of the sound so after finally finding a staff, the first thing he says is, "oh okay. I'll kill it". I told him to just shoo it away. I don't know if he was kidding (being sarcastic thinking that we're so delicate) or not. After coming from another resort with such awesome service, that Virgin Resort's service may have made me extra bitter.

And they also tried to charge us for a "corkage fee" for releasing sky lanterns. After saying no, they said we can release five for free. Seems pretty arbitrary. We did it at another hotel and they didn't charge us anything for eight. I hate it when the really expensive hotels try to squeeze little charges out of you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
15  Thank NAnn_D
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Among all the resorts in Laiya we've been to, Virgin Beach probably has the biggest beachfront. When there are a few guests, it is the place to relax and unwind. There are no videokes in the resort, unlike in the others. We booked an airconditioned cottage good for 4 and found it very comfortable. Had we known that the breeze blows strongly in Virgin Beach, we could've booked the outdoor non-airconditioned huts. The sound of sea breeze, along with the peace and quiet, will surely induce you to sleep. Sands are white and fine enough, and it looks good in pictures.

Food is rather expensive, and you can't bring food into the resort. So prepare enough cash for your breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is my only gripe to this otherwise good resort.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank hizonfire
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had no problems in reserving our cabana, but the price you pay for the kind of accommodations they provide is a total rip-off. No wonder the place is usually empty.

We booked a non-aircon cabana for 6,000 a night. I found it too expensive already but we wanted to check out the place because we were considering booking it for our wedding. It has one of the widest and biggest beachfronts in Laiya and it would be a great location for a party.

The non-aircon cabana could be quite breezy so we didn't really need an aircon. But apparently, in order to secure your belongings and get some privacy, you would have to close everything (the windows and bamboo doors). These cabanas don't provide screens. So when you sleep at night, you're literally are locked inside a bamboo box with no fresh air coming in.

The food wasn't good.

There was one waiter who was really nice, but then again, we were the only guests in the resort. We were actually wondering how this resort could stay afloat. It literally looked like a ghost resort. Though we don't mind that. We actually don't like crowded places.

Upon checkout, the staff at the reception were all sleeping. And when we had to wake them up to pay the bill, they were not happy to serve us. My boyfriend kept whispering to me that we should've run instead and not paid for our balance.

The time came when we were trying to arrange for our wedding. We already had an idea how much it would cost as we were sent a quote a few months before. After our stay, we were about to set a meeting when they told us that they have raised their rates. And the rates doubled! They were charging us 50% of our total wedding budget already, and for what? For the freaking beachfront that they don't even own - meaning, it did not include accommodations, food, chairs and even the lights! Imagine, P140,000 just for the beachfront and nothing else. The staff won't even have to do anything. I don't care what they say, but no one can own the beach and charge P140,000 for a 4-hour use.

We found a much better resort nearby and the difference in price is astounding. I already warned all of my friends and guests not to book at this resort.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
22  Thank IsabelleEstein
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laiya
55 mi away
1 mi away
Palm Beach Resort
Palm Beach Resort
#1 of 6 in Laiya

Been to Virgin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!