Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel
2205 Suites(Lucena City)
$61
$189
$172
Villa Escudero Resort(San Pablo City)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinfinity poolcasa de playaacuatico beach resortplay roomsmall bathrooma bit priceyexecutive chefthe main attractiondinner buffettable tennisgreat pooljet skihour drivean overnight staytheir websitebirthday celebrationwater activities
Reviewed June 23, 2010

It was our first get-away as a team. We have been in the look-out for a nice place where our team can enjoy and relax together. After searching the net and exhausting all the possible research and consultation with the rest of team, our boss suggested Acuatico. After trying out the place himself during his new year vacation, we all decided that it will be Acuatico indeed.

The pictures on their website are really tempting, and true enough, they look the same when we got there. Though the pictures would give the illusion that the place is big, it wasnt as big as it would seem, but it does gives everyone their own space. Bf and I got there first, and it felt like an amazing race, because we kinda took a different route. And I must say, the place is really beautiful. It felt like we are in a different place.

Bf is from Batangas himself, but we have never been in this side of Batangas before. It was we are in a different place, when we went ahead to the pool area, past the gate and reception lobby, going towards the beach.

The design of villas are something like neo-bali, with palm trees and good landscaping all around. The beach cannot be seen upon entering the resort, but once you go down the stairs by the end of the infinity pool, it's just a marvel. The sand is grainy though, so better have sandals when you walk if you are sensitive to sand pressure. Personally, I didn't really feel like swimming in the beach, because it kinda rocky, but it relatively has less rocks than the other resorts (yes, we jumped over the fence when we had the time.) I guess that's why they had pools... The waters are good though, for kayaking and boat paddling. Not much on the waves... made me feel safe. :)

The hotel has lunch and dinner buffets. Our boss advised us to go on buffet, rather than ordering ala carte, and I must totally agree. It is more practical to do so, since an order of pasta would cost around 200-300, and that only serves one. Buffet costs 525 per head, and choices are okay. They are not that fancy though, and the buffet menu would normally have 1 soup of the day, 2-3 cold dishes, 4-5 hot dishes (which includes rice and main entree), 2-4 desserts, 2-3 make your own salads, and 1 bottomless beverage. I think this is better than paying 300++ for something that I might not even feel.

Accommodations range from 6000++ for a room to 11000++ for a villa. A room can accommodate 2 and an extra, while the villa can fit a family or group of 4 and extra 2. Extra pax is about 1000++. These includes access to all facilities and amenities, including the jacuzzi, kayak and boat paddling, all day complimentary coffee and tea, breakfast buffet, toiletries, towels, and basically everything you might need. It's like staying in a 4-5 star hotel. No bath robes though, but what I really like are the towels. There are beach towels, which you can take with you when you go swimming, and bath towels when you go to the shower. You can even ask them to change the towels if you want new ones the next day. We took Terraza B (a villa) which has a terrace. The view from the terrace is really nice. All terraces would most likely have a view of the beach since they face the beach. Bf and I shared the room with two office friends, and we were all comfy in the room. Our villa only had one room, and the T & B is down stairs. Our room looked like an attic room, but really nice. The bathroom was small though, not for the claustrophobic. Nice fixtures, though, and it has a blow dryer.

Bf and I commuted going there. We took a bus in Araneta Center Terminal bound to Lucena, then got off at Candelaria Quezon. Just ask the conductor to get you off at the jeep terminal going to San Juan Batangas. It should be near Chowking. Bus fare is about 178Php, travel time is about 2-2 1/2 hours. Take the jeep going to San Juan, get off at the San Juan Town Hall. Fare is 20Php, travel time is about 20-30 minutes, depending on your driver's speed. You can take a tricycle to the jeep terminal bound to Hugom, or walk going there. If it's your first time, and not familiar with the place, I suggest you ask a tricycle guy to take you there. Tricycle fare is 15Php. Dont be alarmed if you the jeep going to Hugom is jampacked. It's normal, since you would be riding along with commodities bought from the town going to Hugom. Jeepney fare is 40Php; travel time is about 30-40 minutes. Hugom is about 26kms away from the town proper, so get ready for a long ride. The locals are very helpful and they are very much used to tourists, so dont hesitate to ask directions. You can also ask the jeepney driver to get off Acuatico. It's only a few walks away from the road, compared when you drive your way there. If you are traveling alone or with a traveling partner, I would suggest you take public transpo, since it may cost about 1500Php for gas, plus the pains of driving. Bringing a car would the best option if you will are group.

Overall, the place was really nice, and something that I would really want to go back to. It is an ideal place to relax, and enjoy the sun. I strongly suggest that you try everything, since it's part of the deal, because you are not paying cents to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank thebackpackerpenguin
Reviewed June 6, 2010

This is our third visit to Laiya, Batangas which is now made even faster from Manila via the Ibaan Star Tollway Exit. We decided to try Acuatico because of the good reviews.
True enough, everything was above par. Even if the resort was fully booked during the days that we were there, it did not feel crowded. We actually stayed at the resort 98% of the time compared to the beach itself.
If you're into triathlon, you'd enjoy doing laps in their pool and practice in open water. Run or bike in the undulating basically flat and nicely paved highway. I also saw a couple of trails for running and hiking as well.
The only drawback I think is the food. I would rate the food at the buffet 2 of 5 and the selection a 3. The ala carte menu is not that extensive as well.
The staff and service were great. You get free coffee and tea anytime during your stay. No additional fees for the use of kayak or aqua bike. The game room which includes table tennis, pooz ball, darts and air hockey was free as well.
The whole family will surely enjoy their stay here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KXPlorer
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Yes, Acuatico Beach Resort is the prettiest in Laiya, Batangas. Yes, it does come with a sense of luxury you don’t usually find in a place just two to three hours away from Manila. And yes, you read right. As pretty and seemingly luxurious Acuatico Beach Resort is, it is overrated, at least according to our own experience. Here are the good and not-so-good things about the resort: http://love-to-sweat.com/2010/04/08/acuatico-beach-resort-laiya-pros-and-cons/

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank vo-ieohj-er_24
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I have no idea what everyone is raving about. This is one perfect example when the internet photos and reviews DO NOT MATCH the actual experience.
Very deceiving website raises expectations. But unfortunately, the reality disappoints.

We booked the 3-bedroom Estancia suite, for P 21,000 a night - that is approximately usd 450. One would expect a good quality room for that price. Instead, we felt very shortchanged. First of all, there is only a tiny masters bedroom that is separated by a door. The 2nd bedroom has a folding divider. And the 3rd bedroom/queen bed is separated from the living room by a curtain!!

The living room that looks nice on the website is probably no more than 5 or 10sqm - i am not good with sizes, but this living room was TINY. THE WORST PART IS THE "3BEDROOM" SUITE HAS ONE BATHROOM!! They tell you 2 bathrooms. BUT NO - IT HAS ONE BATHROOM WITH 2 STALLS. 2 TINY TOILET STALLS, 2 TINY SHOWER STALLS. There is no way 2 people can be in that bathroom together. Horrible. Cheap stuff. All the fixtures, glass aluminum doors in the bathroom are all CHEAP HORRIBLE STUFF.

The pools were okay. The beach was too small. Service was good. Food was good - you could have a so-so buffet, but everything we ordered ala carte was served hot and tasted good.

On the whole, Acuatico is OVERPRICED. Not worth the drive, the time, and certainly NOT WORTH THE MONEY SPENT. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
21  Thank yoda7416
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Just got back from Acuatico a few minutes ago and I just have to make a review asap. Much as I wanted to feel up their survey form inside the room, I wasn"t able to do so because the pencil thay placed there was unsharpened!!!

Booked an overnight stay at Casa de Playa A, overlooking the beach. Paid 7,350 pesos expecting a decent room to greet us. The room itself was too small to move around in. There was no refrigerator... the TV was placed high above the door frame making it very difficult to watch comfortably. The TV wasn't working when we got there and we had to request to have it "activated". There was no side lamp, or reading lamp. All lights are overhead making it a hassle to read a book at night without causing disturbance to your partner. They also decided to make use of white lighting instead of warm lighting resulting in a Sari-sari store ambience. The bathroom needs CLEANING, hot shower wasn't working, and their free soap is much like a detergent bar that is SO DRYING to the skin. We had a small pocket garden without any lounge chairs... good thing we have our portable ones. We got there hoping for a quiet reprieve from the city, but the private property beside our room was playing LOUD AND ANNOYING '80s music when we got there around 3pm until dinnertime... Buffet dinner and breakfast .. nothing to rave about ... I should've brought packed sandwiches and salad instead ...

I was expecting a decent stay but ended up really disappointed. I've stayed in most of the top resorts here in our country and abroad and all I can say is they have to MAKE A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT it they want guests to come back ....

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple