“Clean basic room Great breakfast included!”
Review of Emily Hotel

Emily Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Vathy
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just behind the big hotels on the harbor. Balcony from each room. Basic bathroom and room facilities but everything available. Harry the host does a huge breakfast which was included. Great value for money and ideal location.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel. The owners are very warm and helpful. They provide you a good service. The breakfast is average but better than most hotels in greece. The rooms are very old and need to be renewed. It is more than a pension that an hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HOSTAN
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am so glad I stayed at the Emily as I had a lovely time there. The owner is very friendly and helpful, and I especially appreciated the wonderful breakfast, with eggs and lots of delicious Greek specialities. My room had a little balcony, overlooking the garden, and the hotel is surrounded by the charming houses of Samos. It was a great place to come back to in the afternoon, after exploring the island, in order to have a little siesta, before taking off again to have dinner at one of the island's good restaurants. I was able to leave my luggage on the premises, upon leaving, as I was getting a ferry late in the day, and the owner was kind enough to drive me to the port. Though it is also not really that far away, but it was enjoyable to be driven, and it provided another moment for interesting conversation. I hope to return to Samos, and to the Emily, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We spent two nights in this hotel on our way to Kusadasi. When we arrived to Vathi Samou there was a huge surpise waiting for us: the port of Samos was removed recently and the location of the new one was far away from the hotel, which was chosen among other and for its perfert location. So, we had to walk approximately for half an hour with our luggage, as our budget would not allow us to take a taxi. When we arrived at the hotel, before the typical check in time, we were given our room. That consession on behalf of the owners is remarkable and worth mentioning. The elevator was out of control. The hotel and the room were old fashioned. They kept it tidy and basically clean. Because of the heat we tried to use the air-condition which made noise and was not refreshing at all. We asked one of the owners how to use it, in case we had misunderstood something, we followed her instructions but the problem remained so we had to sleep under very warm conditions!We also used the wi-fi internet connection which worked fine. If there wasn't the second stay in that hotel i would write that it is just an ok hotel. Unfortunetely, things got worse later. So when we returned to Emily's hotel three days later there was no remote control for the tv, the elevator was still out of control,the air condition was not working properly again, the table of balcony had leftovers from the previous guests and a lot of dust, the wi-fi was not working and in general i was really angry as i had to pay again 45 euros(breakfast included) for a room that according to my opinion was not worth that money. The second time i complained to the owners about all the things that annoyed me. When we did the check out we found out they made a discount so we paid 40 euros for the second day. The owners were helpfull enough , especially the woman, but i think that they overprice the quality they provide!I believe that i will not stay in that hotel again!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Emily hotel has a very good location close to the port and the friendliest and warmest service from the owners. I arrived sick and they took really good care of me.

As for many other hotels in Greece, this year of recession is not the year to start a renovation of a place that could do with a facelift. But despite that, the rooms are kept clean and nice. The breakfast included is of higher standard than the usual continental breakfast in basic hotels.

I will definitely choose Emily hotel for my future stays in Samos. That friendly welcome is of great value for me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very close to the port of Samos which was convenient as we were coming in from Turkey. Hotel was a bit worn and could use a facelift however the owner makes up for it with true effort and passion. The room’s were dated and had a bit of a smell. Washroom was pretty brutal now that I recall. Free wifi. The owner provided lots of great recommendations for food, sights to see and things to do. Really this hotel was perfect for a one night stay and it was memorable because of the experience the owner provided. He even drove us to one restaurant and allowed us to check out late (4pm) because our ferry wasn’t until 6pm. We had a great experience and for the money it was a very solid choice, however not fancy or luxurious at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Emily Hotel became our home in Samos. We spent a whole month there and it was a great experience. Harry, the owner, is very friendly and makes everyone feel really wellcome. The rooms are great. Clean and very comfortable. And breakfast is perfect, specially those lovey cheese and spinach pies!. If you are lucky enough, as we were, Harry will cook great meals for you. His Mouzaka was the best we had ever had in whole Greece!
The hotel is very well located, at walking distance to all places of interest. we highly recommend this hotel and will be back soon.
Samos is a really beautiful island with great beaches, amazing mountains and forests, wild flowers everywhere and lovely people that make you feel at home. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria Sol d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vathy
Virginia Hotel
#1 of 7 in Samos Town
Hotel Anthousa
Hotel Anthousa
#9 of 14 in Vathy

Been to Emily Hotel? Share your experiences!