“Perfect for relaxation”

Ibis Styles Meeting Center Louvain la Neuve
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Perfect for relaxation”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a perfect woodland location with very easy pedestrian access to all the restaurants in the village centre.
Excellent value with wi-fi and buffet breakfast included.
Ample free parking.
The connecting rooms were great to get some privacy from the children.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Margot B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Meeting Center Louvain la Neuve, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Kindest regards,

Margot Ballesteros

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Milan
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Recently refurbished hotel, typical Ibis style. Free wifi, good breakfast, nice rooms.
To reach the hotel by walking from the train station only takes 12 minutes, but you have to know the way (or have a GPS device), because there is no sign from downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Kindest regards,

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel, clean and fresh. The breakfast was particularly excellent with a great choice and excellent food. Likewise, the bar produced a really nice meal for us, late at night and the staff in general were very friendly. The only downside is that it's really a car oriented kind of place - 10-15 mins walk from the local train station (no taxis) and a bit too far from Brussels to make it a good tourist base.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Margot B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Meeting Center Louvain la Neuve, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with myteam. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Copiapo, Chile
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is renovated, very colourful and very clean. The bar and restaurant of the hotel is targeting high-class. There is also a terrace where you can eat or drink. I drank my cofee in the fresh air of the terrwece, that´s very revigorating. I stayed there in january 2012, during the Belgian winter therefore the room was very warm, nobody will shiver of cold ;). There are only for non-smokers, but if you really ´´must´´ to, you can opt for the balcony of the room or the terrace. The ambient is quiet and peaceful. I´d return there.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view toward the forest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I will share your comments with my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overall the stay was ok but some issues can be significantly improved. I give it a 3 star review, though I contemplated giving it a 2 star.

First, make sure you understand exactly how you will reach the hotel before you get there. It's not the hotel's fault but it is useful information. Don't assume anything. You may have to walk a bit over 1km from the railway station. When I got to the railway station I saw no obvious way to take a cab or public transportation. Walking was perfectly fine and felt safe.

Being the only hotel in town it is not cheap. It is more than 100 euros/night. For the price you would expect decent quality. There was however one serious problem for me. I stayed at the last floor (rooms numbered from 300) and constantly throughout the day, starting early in the morning there was a pretty loud humming noise. The noise did stop at night. Upon further checking I realized there is some sort of generator on the roof of the building and my room was quite close to it. Yes, it is a constant background noise so sometimes your brain will be able to filter it out but for me it was unpleasant. After 2 days it became annoying. I needed to be able to concentrate and do work and the noise was getting on my nerves.The constant noise even made a painting on the wall vibrate which added to the noise. When I left I told the staff, they seemed to be aware of the generator but did not say much.

The room was quite small. I had what seemed to be a double bed and there was not much
space beyond that. The breakfast is average, much better than a continental breakfast but by
no means worth the 15 Euro, which is the price they ask for if it is not included in the room price. It is a buffet, has some cold cuts, 1-2 types of cheese, some eggs, cereal, etc. But nothing out of the ordinary.

Another thing I did not like at all was the quality of the towels. Another reviewer also complained
about it. I wasn't just unlucky, I saw the rack of towels in the cart of the person doing the cleaning.They were all the same. The towels are very old, used for a long time. If I had a visitor at my home, I would not give him/her such a towel, I would even have second thoughts anout using it for me.

Given the noise in the room, the price and the ugly towels you then tend to see other imperfections in the room too. I found a used bottle of coke on the balcony. The cover of the heating element did not fit that well. The shower head did not stay straight and I had to really struggle to get it into the right position. They have no ironing service for clothes, thought they will give you an iron if you need one. They will only offer cleaning services for clothes if you stay more than 4 nights.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hexalite2k5
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel is clean, but my room could be refreshed (painting). There was a bit of noice in the room (plumbing)
The buffet breakfast is really nice and varied.
The Staff is always trying to help and smiling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Margot B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Meeting Center Louvain la Neuve, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Sir,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Pordenone, Italy
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Fair price, confortable rooms, including a simple but sufficient Breakfast and an high quality Wifi connection.
Located in a nice green area, close to the nice city of Louvain la Neuve. A city to be visited.
Reccomended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Margot B, General Manager at Ibis Styles Meeting Center Louvain la Neuve, responded to this review, April 15, 2013

Margot Ballesteros
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louvain-la-Neuve
Hotel Piano2
Dolce la Hulpe Brussels
At Home Hotel
At Home Hotel
#4 of 6 in Wavre

Been to Ibis Styles Meeting Center Louvain la Neuve? Share your experiences!