“Tintin fans must go!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tintin Comics Tour to Hergé Museum from Brussels
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Just outside of Brusells, continue the celebration of cartoons at the Herge Musee (Herge Museum). The museum is dedicated to the creator of Tintin, following him and his life, including his personal experiences.
Shanghai, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Tintin fans must go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Tintin was my childhood although he is not that popular in China. The museum was not easy to find especially there was a transport strike when we were there. It was raining that day but nothing could stop me seeing my Tintin. I spent more than 3 hours in the building and I didn't want to leave. There were just too many things to look and you will never be bored if you are a really Tintin fan. Unfortunately, you are only allowed to take photos on ground floor. But there was a machine (next to a cinema) you can choose background to take photos with Tintin and photos can be sent to your own email address. The only thing is you might need to wait in a long queue. I went there during Easter last year so I got Tintin diary only for 4 pounds!!

Visited April 2012

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The world of Tintin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was about to take train here but finally my bf drive me here. It's not so difficult to find, we just missed the turn once (read it too late) when we're under the parking building so we circling again and take the right way to the museum. The problem is parking. since we can't park at school nearby and we think it's dangerous to park on the road so we go circling the town to find parking lot that're free and safe. We found it on residence area near the university then we walk (around 750m I guess, but we used to walk so it's fine)
The museum is great though you must put all your belonging in the locker (including your phone since you're not allowed to take pictures)
They give us the self guide device. In order to practice my french, I took the french one (there is French, Dutch and English). Although a bit confusing to operate at first it's fun. There are many activities you can do there and lots of history of Herge and characters you can see.. At that time there are Tibet exhibition.
If I'm alone I can go for 4 hours I think but since I'm not alone and it's lunch time already, we're only spend 1.5 hour here.
What i like most is the tube room where the wall are cover with Tintin books in many languages. WOW...
And don't forget to buy some Tintin souvenirs in the shop...

Visited June 2012
“Excellent museum - difficult to find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I agree with the other reviewers here that the museum is excellent, but absurdely difficult to find. The street is not on the GPS, and the shopping mall and buildings under construction plus the garages are a maze. And no signs pointing to the museum! I ended up parking on the school parking lot next to it...

Having said that, this was a great experience and worthwhile the effort. Even if you are not a big connoisseur of Herge, you are soon deep into his life and work. The staff is friendly and helpful and the audioguide on Ipod is very good. I could wish for even more info - for example the bookshelf in on of the rooms: a lot of Pink Floyd albums, was Herge a fan?

I spent two hours, but I certainly will come back!

Visited February 2013
Sandsend, United Kingdom
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Worth the effort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went here as a treat for our daughter who thought we were just going to another museum - this is something else ! We all enjoyed it and spent a couple of hours going round the display of original artwork as well as the life of Herge - the staff were courteous and helpful, the ipod audio and visual guide was excellent - well worth a visit and well worth going out of your way to find it - car parking is a bit of a mystery !

Visited February 2013
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Well worth the time to find it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful museum! We took my son as he is reading all the Tintin comics. We arrived late in the day and the staff were very solicitous to ensure we paced ourselves to see as much of the museum as we could. The audio guides (offered in multiple languages) were an experience in themselves as they not only complimented the museum displays but also offered their own pictures, videos and interactive features. Theses are a must for any visitor. The design, flow and extent of the collection come together to provide an amazing experience.

There is also a small restaurant and gift shop with great gifts in all price ranges. I only wish we had more time to enjoy the entire museum.

1 Thank JeffVaderA