“Maybe nobody stays at standard rate”

Hotel Campanile Brussels Airport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Zaventem
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stayed 2 nights there @ Euro 85. Free Wi-Fi is the only 1 merit. Continental Breakfast @10.6 is expensive comparing with its contents. (coffee machine, juice, breads , cheese and ham). Maybe, most visitors stays @ B+B fare.

Room is just for sleeping purpose with small table and chair. Bath room is also basic one.

There are many local buses going to the airport (bus stop is just 50meter from hotel)
and there is gas station with shop (like Gas Station on Highway) about 400meter from hotel there beer, beverage, snack/sandwitches etc are available.
No restaurants nearby. No air-conditioned room.

B+B rate @ Euro 55-60 is attractive, but base rate + B/F cost almost Euro 100 is not
worth to stay this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 24, 2010

To be honest under the circumstances (Stuck in Belguim due to the Volcano erruption in Iceland!) This hotel was not actually that bad, the rooms were extreamly basic and the beds were soft and clean, however thats as far as it goes!
The price was good for what we were given(57 Euro a night) we spent 2 nights, and we did have complimentry tea & coffee facilties and rooms and bedding were changed everyday. This hotel is very small and the food that was on offer was unexpected of the place, they had a wide variety of foods on offer that were actually reasonably priced and as for the location, you needed to get a 20 min taxi into the centre of Brussels (Not a problem) however for longer stays this may be a very expensive option for you. Very close to the airport I would say a less than 10 Minuite taxi ride. The staff were friendly and thier English was good, they offer free internet access which was brilliant in our sitation however they only have the one computer in the reception area which wasnt the most private but hey you cant have it all I suppose! So I would not have chosen to stay here if it had been my holiday, however I would stay here again in a time of need.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Playmate1987
Reviewed October 11, 2009

really dull place.
The service was very robotic.
The rooms were just tidy enough.
I would not recommend, only of you really don't have the choice.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank mrhz
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I chose this hotel because I had only 2 nights in Belgium and wanted to be near to the Airport for early AM departure. I planned to spend time in Brussels and take a day trip to Bruges.
The hotel was very helpful in telling me which bus to take to the airport and back. Bus stop was 50 meters from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Laughinghorseranch
Reviewed June 13, 2008

We stayed at this hotel this year as we needed something with free parking. We realised that the hotel would be a bit out of the centre of Brussels so we weren't suprised to find it in the location we did. The hotel is on an industrial estate and I assume its mostly used by business travellers.

There is a hotel bar and restaurant which we didnt use but looked adequaet enough.

Our room was on the 1st floor and there is no lift so we had to drag our luggage up the stairs with all the baby stuff but this was fine really. All of the rooms are accessed and the area was nice and quiet.

The room was basic but very clean and everything we needed, a bed, room for the cot and a bathroom (with bath for baby) there was a tv and desk and a nice new wooden floor. the window opened right onto the walkway to the other rooms but there was a blind so everything was private enough.

The staff were helpful and courteous and we ahd no problems with the hotel at all.

We decided to walk into Zaventem one night and found a lovely pub to have dinner, not to far to walk but on some sections there is no path and its a fairly busy road so lots of fun with the buggy.

Great cheap hotel if you want to visit Brussels but you will definately need a car.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Joanna E
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Easy enough to find in the car, just one block away from the junction with the Ring, about 3 miles from the international airport. First impressions were not encouraging: a 2-storey US-style motel with all rooms corridor-access from the outside. The access-ways to the rooms were dark and obscured from the car park. For this reason, I would definitely advise single women to avoid this establishment, as I did not feel the personal safety standards were acceptable.

My room for the night was small and dimly lit, with a strange hand-operated shutter device instead of curtains! The bed had no undersheets or matress protectors which I feel is rather unhygenic, however I was very tired and slept soundly enough. Don't expect much in the way of towels or toiletries inn the bathroom - just the lowest quality, basic provisions. It's completely obvious where the people that run Campanile save money.

I had dinner in the neighbouring grill restaurant - steak and chips. The food and service was surprisingly good and reasonable value for money. Not that I'd want to eat there every night though.

Check in/out were reasonable but the staff seemed a little harrassed at times dealing simultaeously with guests checking in/out and serving food in the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Gordon2112
Reviewed August 29, 2006

We stayed in the Campanile Brussels Hotel Zavantem for 4 nights. I need to say a few things about it for people thinkink to stay in the hotel.

1. Internet Services is in paid and we paid 15 €per day for wireless Internet Connection.
2. The sheets are not clean enough. I do not think they are washing them. And the rooms are not cleaned very well.
3. They are closingf the desk at 11 PM. And reopen it at 6:30. If you come there after 11 PM you can stay in the streets. For us it was very stressed, because our planew as land off at about 22:30. We been there at 22:50. Fortunately, 10 minutes before closing time.

For me the point of hotel is 1. "1" point; because at least they are giving Wireless Internet "service".

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank beelzebup
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zaventem
Ibis Budget Brussels Airport
Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
Ibis Brussels Airport
Ibis Brussels Airport
#9 of 12 in Diegem

Been to Hotel Campanile Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!