“Worst Hotel of the Year” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel

Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Zaventem
London
“Worst Hotel of the Year”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

OK, to be fair, I did not have much choice for airport hotel in Brussels, but hotel and it service is well below what one would expect from Sheraton brand... Just to highlight few:

-Room/ Air condition
I stayed in junior suite room. Interior is good, room is comfortable but the air condition was not working (in fact the control button was removed and not possible to make any adjustment). It was not possible to open window (for security reasons?) so we sweated throughout the evening and had little sleep. To make things worst, they only had thick winter blanket, so how terrible it was to sleep in hot non-air condition room with winter blanket.
I asked to fix but nothing was carried out.

-Concierge
I asked for Club Lounge opening hours. A black concierge told me it close on weekend. I was given slightly different information from check in desk. Also when I asked about the gym, he told me that they do not have a gym. What a unprofessional concierge who does not care about client service - there was Club Lounge and I had access with my key; also yes there is a gym. I am under impression that concierge simply does not know anything or have no interest in helping customer.

Having said above, one positive point about this hotel - brilliant breakfast!
Great selection of food, pastries, fresh juice...

But overall, I will never ever going to stay in this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WellWiseTraveller
Roekens, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your remarks about your stay with us. I am sorry to read about the problems you experienced. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

For your information, there are several types of blankets available. Our Housekeeping department can assist you with any specific request you might have.

Your remarks about the airco and the Club Lounge were duly noted, thank you for bringing these to our attention.

We hope we will still have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us in the future and meanwhile remain,

Yours Faithfully,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed there for one night for business reasons.
It is a typical airport hotel offering all services needed: Decent food (we went to the restaurant for dinner), clean rooms, a small but OK gym etc. The service was good.
I am writing this review to share two experiences & tips:
1. Make sure that your room has not a shared door to the neighboring room. It can be very noisy and even the wake up service from the other room can be heard: In my case it was not switched off so it was buzzing over an hour waking me up much earlier than I intended to…
2. Just to know: When going for breakfast you are not allowed to take your luggage (even small bags) into the restaurant, you are asked to deposit it at the concierge

Room Tip: Make sure that your room has not a shared door to the neighboring room. It can be very noisy and eve...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tono1963
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. Your comments were duly noted.
We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013 because I had an overnight layover between Paris and departing for West Africa. This hotel is in a great location - just across the street from baggage claim - for those seeking an airport hotel. It is nice to not have to find the right shuttle bus or take a taxi.

The service at the desk was quick and easy. The room was very nice with no noise intruding from other rooms, or the airport across the street. I ordered room service, since i arrived late, and it was some of the best food I had had during my 10 visit to Europe. Very unexpected, but happily surprised.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sas526
Roekens, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are very happy to read that you appreciate our location at the airport across the terminal and that you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I usually stayed in the Sheraton Brussels Airport fro his convenient location within the airport, but my last stays put into question this habit and I am planning to stay in another airport hotel.

The rooms still are comfortable and nicely maintained (at least at the SPG floors) but the staff of the hotel imperatively need deep training for learning their job. A few examples of my stay last week:

1 - when we arrived by car 2 hotel staff members were talking together at the entrance door and none of them, except after my request, spontaneously proposed us to help to bring our heavy bags through the external 3 steps (we are senior).

2 - same style of welcome at the registration desk. 2 staff members were focusing together on a computer screen without taking acre of me, and I had to wait for a 3rd one to check in.

3 - the restaurant is the worst : the waiter missed our order (cod fish instead of chicken !), forgot to bring butter with the bread, and was never available when needed. Our neighbors had to wait more than 20 minutes and several requests for obtaining a carafe of tap water (probably because it was free ?).

Let stop playing with the Sheraton name and the location, and let urgently train the hotel staff to "come back" to their customers. The customers service has dramatically negatively moved down in the last 3 years. My next stay at the airport will be in the Crown Plaza, maybe less convenient but by far better .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HenriNewYork
Roekens, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to read about the poor experience you had, this is indeed very unfortunate and of course totally unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured that your remarks were duly noted and the necessary corrective actions will be taken with the staff concerned.

This is certainly not the way how we welcome our guests, we hope we will still get a second chance to show you that we do deliver a quality product and service.

With best regards,
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

First of all, I wouldn't chose this hotel if you´re planning to spend most of your time in the central parts of the city. However, if you are flying in for a meeting and need a hotel this location is the far best, just a few steps from the airport. The rooms are very nice and spacious, no airport noise what so ever but stay away from the rooms with connecting doors, my neighbors woke me up in the middle of the night when they were leaving to catch a flight. The breakfast was nice with a large selection and not just the continental choices of toast, jam and juice. One negative thing was the fee for wifi in the room that doesn't fit a high-end hotel in my view, I know its common but still not ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your inputs. Sorry to read about the noise issue you had during your stay. Your comments were duly noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I arrived in Brussels in the evening for a meeting the next morning. A lot of companies are located nearby, including the one I was meeting with, so the location of the hotel could not be better. Room was spacious and comfortable and literally steps from the airport. There is a grocery store in the airport right across from the hotel so it was very convenient to get snacks/a light lunch after my meeting. The only negative, as mentioned by a reviewer below, is that no one offered to help me with my luggage upon check in, when I was clearly struggling with maneuvering my bags. If you are just stopping by Brussels for a quick meeting, this is a convenient place to stay. However, if you want to go into town and do some sight seeing, I would stay closer to the city center.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your comments were duly noted.
Looking forward to welcoming you back with us in the future.

Namur, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

My second stay in this hotel in a very short time and always the same convenience when you travel early in the morning.
No stress of beeing stuck in a traffic jam and directly in front of the terminal.
My spg floor (4th) has been recently refurbished and this point is really positive.
As from now, always my first choice (if possible) when travelling early or late and my next reservation is coming very soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are glad to read you appreciate our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Kind regards,
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zaventem
Novotel Brussels Airport
Ibis Budget Brussels Airport
Ibis Brussels Airport
Ibis Brussels Airport
#8 of 12 in Diegem

Been to Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!