“Just in front of the terminal!”

Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Zaventem
Belgium
“Just in front of the terminal!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My second stay in this hotel in a very short time and always the same convenience when you travel early in the morning.
No stress of beeing stuck in a traffic jam and directly in front of the terminal.
My spg floor (4th) has been recently refurbished and this point is really positive.
As from now, always my first choice (if possible) when travelling early or late and my next reservation is coming very soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Roekens, General Manager at Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to read you appreciate our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We chose the Sheraton Brussels Airport location because we were taking a direct flight from Brussels en route to Greece for our annual spring break on Monday 8th morning.
And this was our 2nd stop over.
We love luxury and we do not cut corners when it comes to spoiling ourselves. We live in London and we planned our annual spring break to travel via Holland to visit my best friend and her family and we decided to spend the night in Brussels where we had to get on a direct flight with the Aegean airlines to Athens. It was better than going back to London heathrow and travel with british airways our favourite airlines.

Last time I was in Brussels, it was 16 years ago on a school trip from Lyon, and the similar story goes for my other half who visited Brussels a long time ago. Our journey actually strat from London to Brussels before heading to Den bosch by a rental car. We drove back from the Novotel in Breda (Holland) where we spent one night before driving back to brussels airport where we returned the rented car and headed toward the Sheraton Brussels Airport hotels to check in.

We were not aware by the fact the access to the hotel from the airport arrivals where we returned the rental car was very tricky, like a maze, poor signage direction and unfriendly atmosphere around. My other half pushed the trolley all the way to the hotel and it wasn't an easy job since we had 2 big suitcases and 2 small cabines sizes suitcases as well... Anyway by the time we got to the main entrance of the Sheraton hotel we were exhausted.

The trolley was not allowed to be taken inside the hotel, clearly this it is understandable. The hotel is 5 stars if I am not mistaken.

There were no sign of a porter at the door, nonetheless we wheeled our loads to the reception by then I was tired, I am overweight or anything, I am a size 10 and fairly fit. But the whole pulling and pushing our heavy load simply got to us.

Once inside the hotel, my other half went to the desk and I sat by the waiting areas next to our luggages ( the waiting area is situated on the floor in front of the reception desk). He went through the usual check in routine with the hotel clerk and at the far end of the long reception desk area there were 2 other members of staff wearing visible badges, one was the concierge and the other was another clerk.

To cut the story short, we were given our room card key and there was no indication or suggestion for any assistance with our suitcases. The concierge and the other clerk, could see us but they were busy chating to each other and laughing out loud. The clerk who served us was very abrupt and rude, he felt bored and ennoyed the whole time he spoke to us and by this time I joined my other half he was doing something else. We were the only guests at the reception checking in during that period.

We dragged our 4 luggages and we managed to get on the lift on the full view of the 3 staff and the concierge whose job is to help with such service.

Well like any one will be, I was fuming all the way to our room and the time is about 2:30pm and the sun came out luckily in Brussels after the depressing weather we left in London. Moving on once we step out from the lift, typical our room was really far and I had to drag our heavy load with us. We felt sorry for ourselves, all that time I was thinking about how much we spent 180 euros. A premium price that should offer a premium service and yet we ended being are very own servants.

Anyway, we managed to make it in one piece to our room. Ahhh at least you can see and feel the luxury, the room is very spacious, clean, the windows are double glaced, so no airplaine noise to be heard. We did a quick check in the bathroom, well presented, clean BUT hold on this is a double room for 2 obviously with only one bathrobe, one set of hand and shower towels for 1 and 1 pair of slippers.

At this point I am turning literally green with anger, I am fuming, this is outrageous, how dare they treat guests this way. Clearly the whole personnel is incompetent.

On our way out to Brussels centre, we stopped by the desk to report the discrepancy and guess what, the same clerk who served us earlier was not impressed that we deigned complain. With a condescending attitude he asked, are you sure? really? alright I will send someone to take care of that.

He did not apologise for at any point. Funnily though, I always voice my opinion whenever I am being given a bad treatment but surprisingly this time I simply felt blasé so much so that I stayed silent with an arrogant grin on my face.

We left the hotel to get to the centre and make the most of the sun and have a good day. We went souvenirs shopping and to admire the beautiful architecture of les Galleries Saint Hubert, then we walk to the beautiful Grand Place where one of the most stunning medieval square in europe... we took pictures, we were happy, the sun was out although it was cold still the sunny weather transform the day magically. It was relaxing...

I felt like a little kid at La Maison Dandoy store buying all sort of yummy sweet things, walking a round was so gorgeous and for dinner we ended at the Saint Catherine Square that was recommended to us by a local lady who run a lovely product mixed luxury shop. We had a lovely traditional dinner: moules frites for me and what was supposed to be beef steak for my disappointed man.

Anyway the good things out of our Burssels stop over were:
1) The glorious sun
2) The historic 2 places we visited
3) The super comfortable hotel' s mattress that rivals our own super mattress

Please think twice before you book a room at the Sheraton Brussels Airport hotel, it is clearly run by incompetent, rude and unwelcoming unprofessionals team. Maybe the Belgian are not simply friendly or it is a Brussels issues.

I will rather go to Paris like we do regularly, well now I know why I've never been back to since my school trip.

Stay away!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sidonie S
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to read that several things went wrong during your stay with us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, the necessary follow-up has been done with the staff and corrective actions were taken.

For your information, room amenities can always be requested by contacting the Guest Service Center directly from your room.

Rest assured that this is not the normal way how we welcome our guests.

We hope we will still have the opportunity of welcoming you back with us in the future so you can experience the quality service you are entitled to expect as a member of the Sheraton family in a 4 star hotel.

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Zaventem hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel is literally steps away from the passenger terminal - it could not be more convenient (I woke up at 8:30am for the 10am flight to the US, and still had time to shop at duty free!). I had booked with a prepaid rate that was very reasonable. What is unusual for an airport hotel is that it the restaurant is quite good - at least when I chose to have local fare such as the Flemish beef casserole with a Belgium beer. The front desk staff was also very welcoming, and the room was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Travelhui
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Fresno CA
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here one night on the last night of a week’s visit to the area. The hotel is literally a few steps across the street from the airport terminal. This is why we chose to stay there our last night. You pay for the convenient location, but it was worth it to us.
Our room was very large and comfortable, but we could only find one electrical outlet to recharge our gadgets for the flight home, so that was a bit annoying. And it was not in a convenient location.
The front desk was very efficient and friendly at check in and check out.
The service in the restaurant downstairs was very slow, and the food was about average for a hotel restaurant. The prices were as expected in a captive location with no competition.
But all things considered, we slept well and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay. For your information, there are power sockets available on the desk in the room.
Lookking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Up North
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel gives you everything you would expect from a Sheraton but you are being punished in price for the amazing location. Not airport hotels which are within walking distance from airports are this overpriced, some are more reasonable although I believe at Brussels airport this Sheraton is your only choice if you want to come out of the airport and fall into a hotel. The hotel itself is fine, the rooms are big, well furnished, clean, comfortable etc. The food is good with the usual prices for room service etc. Internet is charged for which is a constant bugbear of mine, even more so when you're paying so much for the room itself.
Overall you cannot beat the hotel for its standards and location but be prepared to pay the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your comments were duly noted. For your information, the room rates are always subject to occupancy. We therefore advise our guests to book at their earliest convenience.
We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Marflton NJ
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When a cancelled flight stranded us at the Brussels Airport for a night we were booked into the Sheraton by the airline. It was easy to make the best of a bad situation because the Sheraton is such a nice facility. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms nicely-appointed and immaculate. Because it was a group of people who were stranded, they hotel put on a buffet dinner for us and breakfast the next morning; the food and service were quite good - considering. The staff was helpful and courteous - really there was nothing that they could have done better - except maybe send a mechanic to fix the plane. Can't speak to the prices because the airline handled that, but all things considered, it's a lovely property. There is a reasonably nice gym on premises, too.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet and clean - don't know if there are any special rooms.