We stayed here at the end of November as my partner was due to visit the nearby Klinic Beaucare. This hotel was recommended by them and proved to be a winner. The hotel itself is what you'd expect for the price range. You want Hilton / 5 star type hotel then go and stay at one!
This hotel is clean, well maintained with courteous and helpful staff. The rooms are what you'd expect. Enough space for what you need, plenty of tea and coffee facilities, free wifi and very good double glazing so you can't here the nearby well located train station.
As I've said we weren't there for tourist type stuff so spent all of our time in the hotel. The staff were very good at understanding the different needs we had to the "normal" guests. Extra pillows were not a problem, getting the room serviced at a time to suit us was also no problem. They even let me take meals back to the room for my partner which was much appreciated. On the subject of meals be aware that the Restaurant is not open at weekends Friday, Saturday, Sunday so you'll need to fend for yourself. We didn't know about this before I went to the restaurant to get some food so was a bit of a surprise! However reception was able to give us some food delivery menus and via the internet we had things delivered to the hotel and all was fine.
The food at the hotel was fine. Breakfast was typical continental with meats, cheeses, cereal, breads etc and also there were boiled eggs and scrambled eggs. Bacon was also there but this was a bit hit and miss in the way it was cooked. The kitchen staff even made me some more scrambled eggs fresh when it had run out so if you want something just ask.
Bar was ok local beers are good and all reasonably priced. Big thank you to Michel who was always very chirpy and happy to explain what was what on the menu.
So overall just what we needed with a good all round stay , attentive and polite staff (no sign of Maria mentioned in earlier reviews!). If we go to Brussells again it will be for the tourist side of things so would stay nearer the city centre otherwise we'd stay here.
Thank you for a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HET HOTEL The hotel is situated at the border of vilvoorde. Nearby the historic buildings and only 1 minit frim the trainstation and 12 kilometers to the national airport of belgium. The distance to the city center of vilvoorde is 1.5 kilometers and to the city center of brussel it is 13 kilometers. The location is ideal for buisiness aswell as leger tourist because the hotel has an easy acces with public transportation. The hotel is foorseen of aircondition inthe restauant and meetingrooms. The internet is free of charge aswel as the parking. The hotel is open 24 hours on 7 day’s. We are an 3 star product. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Louvre hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Campanile Brussels Vilvoorde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Brussels Vilvoorde Hotel Vilvoorde
- Campanile Brussels Hotel Vilvoorde