Campanile Brussels Vilvoorde
NH Brussels Airport(Diegem)(Great Value!)
$113
$88
  • Pool
Hotel Abbey(Grimbergen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstrain stationshort staypleasant stayhassle freesecure parkingrooms are cleanbrusselswifimotorway
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We arrived from a flight to Brussels a bit early in the morning and got to the hotel at about 10:30 in the morning. We went to check-in and the gal at the desk was able to get us a room no sweat. We didn't really need much from the staff but every exchange was very pleasant and friendly. Twin room was a bit small but that was to be expected, also an electric kettle and coffee/tea in room. We chose this location because of the proximity to the airport and also to stay out of Brussels proper. The city of Vilvoorde was an amazing place to walk around, and the proximity to restaurants and shops was a short walk under the train tracks. All around enjoyable people and location. I would really like to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ChazzMaltese
Reviewed May 12, 2013

OK for a few nights while on business, rooms just about big enough, romm had missing plug for the sink was told by the hotel staff that this as normal, avoid the breakfast area when there is a coach party staying over night as there will be no room or food left behind.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed 2 nights recently. My husband hired the Campanile hotel conference room for a business meeting; he was very impressed by the facilities, service, staff efficiency and room hire charge. He chose this Campanile for easy transport links with the airport and central Brussels.
However, we also chose a Campanile hotel for the buffet evening meal, since he was joined by associates with unknown dietary requirements and Campanile buffets are excellent in France. The brochure in our room stated the buffet was available, but in the restaurant we were told that this had ended 3 years ago; meals were a la carte with little or no vegetarian choice.The chef lounged about in a dirty jacket in the kitchen doorway and I had a bad stomach upset after the evening meal. When I mentioned it at reception the following morning (having had no breakfast), the response was an immediate denial of any responsibility.
So, a mixed impression - good for business, but otherwise disappointing. This hotel is not up to the usual Campanile standard.

Room Tip: Quiet room are on the side away from the hotel car park and railway line.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had to pass by this hotel, since it is really convenient for bruxelles (20min by train to the down town) and quite cheaper than the hotel market of the area.
I was surprise to see how friendly people was there and I specially thanks Marc and Michel for their warm welcome, and thanks for the rest of the team I didn't see.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Been at the hotel between 23th and 26th of April.

While i was having my breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, my bag got stolen.

My passport, wallet (with a serious amount of cash in it) and all my belongings got stolen.

I immediately asked help from the hotel employees but i was very disappointed by their attitude. They acted like it was a VERY normal thing and stated that they were not able to see the camera records when their manager is not around and that it's forbidden to call their manager before 15:00 p.m. (???)

The bag was stolen around 8:00 a.m. so chances of finding the thief was going to be ZERO in 7 hours.

After 15:00 p.m. the hotel manager watched the camera records and stated that a non-guest person who came to the hotel to have breakfast stole the bag (still in a very relaxed approach and no tendency of helping)

It was really frustrating and their approach brought no help at all.

Reconsider your booking if you think of staying at this hotel.

Never ever going to step my foot again.

P.S. The toilets were really dirty. It was obvious that they didn't make a complete clean up after the last guest of the room.

3  Thank Ceren K