“Great staff & service & good location near train station & short walk to shops.”

Campanile Brussels Vilvoorde
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vilvoorde
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My mum & I stayed here for 4 nights as I was having surgery in the hospital nearby. The staff were amazing from the minute we arrived & couldn't do enough for us. My mum was 2 days alone in the hotel & they were great with her & when I came back after my surgery they were amazing & even brought food to the room & provided extra pillows. Couldn't fault them at all!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for one night in July and we were very impressed. Our room was small but clean. As it was sunny we decided to have our dinner on a terace and we were not dissapointed.The food was lovely and cooked to high standard and service was great. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The outside does need to be made prettier and it does resemble a 70's hotel.

The inside is nice, the room we had had a lingering smell of smoke (the hotel is non smoking) and the only thing I can think of is that the cleaners use the equipment in other areas that allow smoking.

The room was ok, had a double bed, small amount of space for storing clothes, tv etc.

The bathroom was nice although the pressure in the shower was pretty high which meant the ultra thin shower curtain didn't really hold the water back!

We had breakfast one morning which was 11 euros. This was, in my opinion, overpriced for the food that was available.

The room description was a "city view" but this was not forthcoming due to the railway bridge in one direction and an office building in the other.

All in all, not bad, ideal as a last minute booking due to the closeness to the station and high street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights, we went there because we wanted a quiet, clean and cheap place to sleep during our time in Belgium for the Rockwerchter Festival.

The receptionist (blonde short haired male, can't remember his name!) was very kind and quite funny as well!
The rooms were really nice - especially given the price - , and the furniture looked new, the TV was modern and there were biscuits and supplies to make yourself tea/coffee. The toilet and room were very clean, except for one thing: I walked barefoot to the toilet and there was some sticky stuff in the tiny corridor between the room and the bathroom, it was a little disgusting so from then I used flip flops to go to the bathroom.

There was one thing I really didn't appreciate: given that we went to a music festival we arrived at 4.00 AM at the hotel, and in the morning at 12.00 we received a call from the receptionist Maria saying we had to check out, but actually we were to check out the day after, so after I told her she hung up and didn't even apologize! Not a very nice gesture...

Except for this I was really happy with the cleanliness of the hotel and the good price!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
West Linton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed at the Campanile Vilvoorde for 2 nights thinking it would be just another typical French budget hotel chain classic. How wrong I was and pleasantly surprised at the same time. The hotel is a typical budget affair in that the room is basic with everything you need and not much more. My room, room 12, was however very clean and pleasantly equipped with a kettle and tea/coffe plus a very good shower over the bath.

The huge bonus of this hotel is the restaurant, doesn't look anything special but the friendly staff and fantastic food was a huge surprise for such a place.

I'm going back for a few days over the coming weeks and I hope my stay is as pleasant as this one.

My only comments would be that the rooms could do with some fresh paint and some of the rooms still have the smell of being a former smoking room and the wifi is unusable. Apart from that, it's miles better than Etap or Ibis hotels in the same price range.

Room Tip: Ask for one that wasnt a smoking room before.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It offers reasonable value for money: the bed is excellent and the personnel is very friendly. But here the good news ends. I've complained several times about the poor wireless Internet connection, but apparently this hotel doesn't care. Breakfast used to be delicious in the past, but gradually things have changed: the fresh orange juice has gone and some of the yoghurts disappeared too, and the coffee is the worst I know in the region. The rooms are quite small, so there is no room for a comfortable chair. Taking a shower in the bath tub is dangerous because it's too slippery. The television set has been replaced recently, but whatever I tried the aspect ratio isn't okay.

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the railway are noisier than the ones at the back.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank J_Cage
Newburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is an excellent hotel, not the swankiest in town but clean tidy and very friendly. We were made very welcome by the receptionist Johan who is a real star and should be on the comedy circuit! The rest of the staff were just so helpful it was unreal, ask a question or have a request and it was sorted straight away. The only problem was one of the reception staff Erwig who is to hospitality what Tony Blair was to world peace - rubbish. He was openly rude, abusive and always scruffily dressed. We complained to the manager Steve who instructed Erwig to apologise but he never bothered. So a good hotel and stay just let down by one stupid person. Oh and if you go on a Sunday evening you can have Johan prepare you a pizza and have you in stitches telling you rotten jokes!

The hotel is situated just five minutes walk from the local railway station and a short ride to Brussels Midi station. If you're interested in the surgery option it's just a five minute taxi ride or 15 minute walk from the Kliniek Beaucare. Vilvoorde city centre is just 10 minutes walk away and is good for local shopping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilvoorde
Ibis Budget Brussels Airport
Novotel Brussels Airport
Thon Hotel Brussels Airport
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
pentahotel Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport
#2 of 12 in Diegem

Been to Campanile Brussels Vilvoorde? Share your experiences!