“Great Staff and Value for so close To Charles De Gaulle”

Akena City Saint Witz
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Saint-Witz
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Want to stay in a great place after your long flight?
Pick up your car and you are there in 10 minutes! Rooms are average size, very clean and the breakfast very good value. We stayed in a room with a double and single bed , ensuite bath with great shower and lots of hot water. Room was so quiet we almost slept through breakfast which was an extra 6.50 Euros but well worth it with about 6 types of hot individually brewed coffee. Our total price for 2 with 2 brakfasts was 60 +6.50 +6.50 Euros = 73 euros. The parking was free and secure with the gate locked at night. Although we didn't use them there are some restaurants within 100 yards, an American Franchise Buffalo Bill's or something like that is just steps from the parking lot. We are going back before we fly out a month from now. Google Map it to see for youself.
The husband & wife team who run it are very friendly and Laurance, the wife, speaks very good English and really helped us as our baggage did not arrive and at no cost called the baggage service at CDG to update its status.I'd call that GREAT SERVICE!!

Room Tip: I think they would all be great. We were in 220.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We chose this hotel for an overnight stay on our journey through France as it was cheap and near the A1 motorway. The hotel is what you'd expect for the price, unfortunately the service we experienced was appalling! My brother and his family had made a separate booking for the same night. I arrived at the hotel and gave my name only to be told that 'he had already phoned and been given the room number and access code'. When I asked who had phoned, the very brusque receptionist gave my name. Despite repeatedly telling him that I was female and offering to show my passport he insisted a man of my name had phoned, saying he would be late and had been given the room details. I explained my brother had a booking in a different name and the receptionist insisted I rang him as he had been given the code. My brother had not phoned so eventually I was given the room number with a new security code. The hotel is basic, in line with the price paid. Most areas were reasonably clean though the room had dirty walls, with spillages clearly visible on bedroom and bathroom walls. We booked breakfast and paid cash but made the mistake of not checking what time it was served. We went down at 7.30am the next morning to find breakfast wasn't served until 8am. My brother had to leave by then so I waited with my two young nieces to have our breakfast and asked if it was possible to have a refund for the two breakfasts not taken. I was told no, as I had paid by credit card. I pointed out I had paid cash but was told they didn't give refunds. To be fair, my brother and his wife didn't miss much! There are plenty of other basic hotels in this area - I would recommend you try one of those instead.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lesley B
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Spent three nights here recently during a visit to Paris for the Air-Show, booked it as we were looking for somewhere cheap which was easily accessible by road with free parking and Wi-Fi. Akena City did what it said on the tin, relatively easy to find (apart from St.Witz not actually being sign posted), loads of parking, decent size rooms, acceptable Wi-Fi (don't expect for it to allow for movie downloads though) and located in a safe quiet neighborhood.

It's slightly out the way so I would only recommend if you have your own transport.

Make sure you take Junction 7 off the A1, even though Saint Witz is not signposted!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Another chain hotel....basic fare....basic hard bed, basic petit dejeuner, however this one has a certain advantage. It is situated in the village of Saint-Witz and easily accessible from the A1 and also ...the nearby village of St Mesnil-Amelot. provides an excellent easy to use, not too busy- back door entrance to the CDG airport, particularly Terminals 2 & 3.
The hotel's free wifi service is a nightmare to register with & access, however there is a MacDonalds just a very short walk away..which has excellent service and well worth buying a tea or coffee for the facility.
The village of Saint-Witz itself is also worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BruceWhitfield
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I arrived at CDG airport in the evening so by the time I got to this hotel, it was after 9 o'clock meaning the hotel had 'shut up shop' for the night. Very confusing. You had to enter a code into the automatic check in machine at the door in order to get another code for the front door and then enter that into the keypad to access the hotel. Slightly confusing but I got in. With no receptionist though, if you had any problems or queries, its just tough basically. Vending machines if you wanted to eat, but didnt fancy going out to one of the restaurants in the area.

The room was fine, as youd expect from a chain hotel. The only thing I didnt appreciate was the maid knocking on my door in the morning, asking when I was leaving. This was 2 hours before I had to check out so I felt a little like they couldnt wait to get rid of me, lol.

When the receptionist did get in, in the morning, she was lovely. Although she seemed to be doing every job in the hotel so she didnt hear me when I rang the bell at reception and I had to wait. She couldnt be more helpful though, so overall, mixed reviews.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Gigglypuff2
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We enjoyed our short visit to Paris and stayed at this hotel again. Like before, it is definitely very good for hotel in its class for overnight stay for CDG airport or when passing through Paris. So will say a bit more about it than the last time. Room again was very clean, reception open between 5 and 9pm and the desk manager and his wife very helpful and friendly. The desk manager spoke some english [he tried to speak english I think to show his appreciation that we addressed him in french]. Wi-Fi free, but quite a hassle to register - but that is not his fault, but clearly a choice of the B&B chain. There are a few other low-cost hotels in the same road, but this hotel is the best in its class we have come across. Breakfast like the last time very minimal, so would recommend breakfast at McDo across the road, or even better, just buy tea of coffee at McDo and to go with it, buy lovely fresh bread or viennoiserie at the bakery in the small 'shopping centre' just up the road in the village [less than 2min. drive]. A breakfast for 2 pers. will be about 11 euro at the hotel but for that you can get better and cheaper choice at the bakery. However, if you do not want the bother, then even though meagre, the choice offered by this hotel is fresh, unlike some other low-cost hotels where you may sometimes find stale bread and croissants on the buffet.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grebnl
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Stayed here with my wife and son in a triple room on night of 30th October.
Found the hotel to be just right for what we wanted - an overnight stay before visiting Paris the following day. It is conveniently located near the A1 motorway to Paris (about 30 minutes drive) and there is a choice of restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel as they don't have any dining facilities. Breakfast was OK but nothing to shout about!
The hotel had secure parking and room was extremely clean, was good value for money and there was free wi-fi.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank NICOL62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Witz
Premiere Classe Roissy - Saint Witz
Novotel Survilliers Saint Witz
Hotel des Trois Hiboux
Hotel des Trois Hiboux
#1 of 1 in Plailly

Been to Akena City Saint Witz? Share your experiences!