All reviews main building separate building georgian house wedding venue lovely hotel wedding reception lovely grounds sunday lunch bar menu town centre would highly recommend this hotel cooked breakfast afternoon tea lovely room full english one night stay comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

This looks a beautiful hotel as you drive in. Unfortunately when I checked in I had to ask to move rooms twice due to the cleanliness. One room had clearly not been vacuumed, and the second room had not had the toilet cleaned properly. The rooms are ok in general but I would advise have a little look around prior to unpacking. When I moved the second time I did get an upgraded room and the reception staff were apologetic.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
CustServices, General Manager at Best Western Plus West Retford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. I'm very surprised that you had to move rooms, our housekeeping staff normally do a superb job and we pride ourselves on our cleanliness which scores highly in the majority of our feedback. I hope this relatively small oversight does not deter you from staying with us again.

regards, Andrew.

Reviewed April 28, 2019

After a day in the midst of wind and rain, trying to enjoy our two day coach trip we were never
so glad to se an hotel room!!! And WOW, what a lovely large ensuite room. Beautifully furnished, ultra comfy bed, smart bathroom and All immaculately clean.
Dinner that evening was delicious. A special thanks to the lovely serving team— I suspect they were trainees , expertly directed by the young lady in black jacket- well done all. Breakfast was superb, bar was great with normal bar prices.
Thanks for a brief but lovely stay to all the staff.

Room tip: Georgian house, room 41
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2019

staff very accommodating whether reception,and restaurant , house maids very courteous, the high tea party for 16 guests was very well managed
surprised the hotel had no non-alcoholic drinks such as pressie, fortunately we have brought our own for the care home and was allowed to use

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 8, 2019

Visited this hotel restaurant for a birthday lunch,a party of sixteen including three small children.The food was excellent and the staff were friendly and very helpful with the children,it was very relaxing and very unrushed a great afternoon.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Situated an easy 5-6 miles from the A1 so it’s a convenient stop, mid country. As described on other reviews the bedrooms are in a specially built annexe and there are a lot - maybe a hundred over two floors. The smokers congregate outside the front door so you have to get past them to get in. Private car park and easy parking.
I have stayed there four times in four months due to location; it’s fine. Not luxurious but practical and ok. I think the three star rating is correct.
The beds are well-used and the duvets are heavy man-made fibre like the pillows. Sadly the pillows are hard and not comfy. The dark brown carpets are stained and I always wear something on my feet. Bathrooms have had a face lift in the past 6-7 years but are dated. The rooms are large with windows that open. Individual and effective heating system (radiator) which you can control. As with many hotels, you can hear the tv and plumbing from other rooms and doors banging.
Restaurant and lounge areas in the main part of the hotel are very nice.

Trip type: Traveled solo